PDA

View Full Version : Light Mountain after Ion Semi-Permanent?

Dinelen
October 7th, 2011, 10:10 AM
About two weeks ago I decided to see how I looked with reddish hair, so I bought some Ion Color Brilliance from Sally's. I got a lot of compliments, so now I feel a little better about playing with some henna. The local health food store sells Light Mountain, so I will probably try that in Light Red first. The Ion is only supposed to last two weeks, so do you think it is safe to use the LM yet? Also, do I have to follow the instructions on the LM box, or can I experiment with it like BAQ henna (let it sit, freeze/thaw it, leave it on my hair longer, etc.?)

Oh, and I have light brown hair that is virgin minus the Ion. It has a bit of copper glow in the sunlight. According to the LM box I would get a soft golden brown. Would I get more red by leaving the Light Red on longer?

Kaelee
October 7th, 2011, 10:49 AM
I know next to nothing about LM henna though I'm pretty sure it IS real henna and other botanical ingredients (not chemicals).

BAQ henna is safe to use immediately after any kind of treatment. IDK about LM.

Anje
October 7th, 2011, 11:42 AM
I'm pretty sure the Light Mountain Light Red is just a henna-cassia blend. Possibly with a handful of sand mixed in -- it's gritty and hard to rinse out! But I'm quite confident it'll be safe to use. If you want to be sure, do a strand test while you freeze/thaw the Light Mountain. (Oh, and when I used it, I always treated it like the henna instructions online and ignored what the box said.)

Dinelen
October 14th, 2011, 07:06 AM
Thanks for the replies! I did it a few days ago. I only let it cure for a few hours, and I could only leave it on my head for one hour (it was really drippy!) but I still got a nice auburn tone. I think next time I might try mixing henna and cassia from Henna For Hair. LM is very gritty!

stacyyyy1972
October 14th, 2011, 03:27 PM
LM was my first henna and yes very gritty but turned out nice..I Just ordered some jamila online in bulk only because they said the consistency is finer and I have such thick hair it was very difficult to get out. Good luck playing..have fun..I Find there are so many variations you can achieve with henna and adding other ingredients to it such as indigo (: happy hennaing!!