PDA

View Full Version : Infection in the "hairsacks"

TheDutchess
October 6th, 2011, 09:52 AM
I don't know how to explain this in english. But i will try my best.
My scalp has been itching a couple of weeks, and i have lost tons of hair. So yesterday i went to see a dermalogicst and he said that i have an infection in my scalp, and in the "hairsacks" / roots? (dont know the english word). I got a cortisone "water" to put on my scalp every day in 2-4 weeks. Have anyone got something similar? I'm just afraid that the cortisone will ruin my hairgrowth or my hair.

lapushka
October 6th, 2011, 09:56 AM
If I were you I'd use the lotion as prescribed and not worry so much. What you're going through now is probably worse than not using what the doctor prescribed. Just my :twocents:

spidermom
October 6th, 2011, 10:03 AM
I believe the word you were looking for is "follicles".
Cortisone is often used to treat inflammation (redness, swelling). I don't think you have to worry about it.
But antibiotics are used to treat infections; I'm surprised you aren't on one. (or are you?)

TheDutchess
October 6th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Yeah, that's the word. Follicles :-) Thank you spidermom.

I'm not on antibitocis yet. He said that he wanted to watch how it's going with just the cortisone water first. Have a follow up appointment in 6 weeks.

He said, that i could loose some more hair because of the cortisone. So im a bit afraid. But like he said, the hair that will fall out is the ones who's infected and they would have fallen out anyway. But cortisone is heavy stuffs for the scalp i've heard.

Chetanlaiho
October 6th, 2011, 12:44 PM
Hmm this sounds familiar to what's happening to me :/ Except it's been happening for a couple of months already >_<