PDA

View Full Version : My New Cut!!

luluj
October 6th, 2011, 07:55 AM
FIRST LET ME SAY A BIG THANK-YOU TO UltraBella for some wonderful advice! :heartbeat She advised me to seek out a good stylist to add some layers to my hair, which I did, and it payed off. Hairstylists are our friends, good ones have to be sought out, and UltraBella tops my list of the good ones!

THE CUT....

My appointment was yesterday, with the same stylist who gave me my "down to the wood chop" in December 2008. This was the first time I had been back to the salon since, I self trimmed a couple of times myself. She is such an amazing person, so supportive of my decision to stop coloring and so willing to listen and do only what I asked for. It was me who asked her to cut off all of the dyed hair so long ago and although I didn't like the short look on me, the cut itself was very nice. I got what I asked for!

She gave me some very soft face framing layers, which I love, especially for updos. I was beginning to not like how severe my updos were looking with my hair all pulled back. My face shape is one that needs to be softened. She then added some layering throughout the rest of my hair and also took off some length.

The only thing that was not positive was the amount of product she added to my hair at the end when she diffused it, it's just not for me, I like to wash, condition and air-dry. My hair felt kind of icky and sticky and looked like it needed a good washing, but I took photos of it just to show you the result. So needless to say, I went home and took some photos and then I washed the product out. You will see the (fuzzy) photo I took last night just before bed, I have my layers and my length. The best of both worlds!

embee
October 6th, 2011, 08:00 AM
Nice to hear a good hairstylist story! :) Glad you're pleased.

Know exactly what you mean about "severe pulled back" - with my stick straight hair I've not figured out what to do yet, no curls or wurls to layer or encourage, only thin limp straight stuff. Oh well. ;) Maybe "frizz" is my friend? :D

pepperminttea
October 6th, 2011, 08:04 AM
So glad you found a stylist you can trust; she did a great job, your hair looks gorgeous! :)

auroraclio
October 6th, 2011, 08:19 AM
It looks amazing!

UltraBella
October 6th, 2011, 08:23 AM
I am so pleased for you !!!!!! It looks very nice and suits you well. Your stylist did a very nice job and it's wonderful to see. I am glad I could be of help !!

lizdini
October 6th, 2011, 08:34 AM
Yea! Looks very pretty!

Lucky
October 6th, 2011, 09:11 AM
It looks lovely, I'm glad you had such a positive experience!

Heartwillfollow
October 6th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Love it, looks excellent on you :)

einna
October 6th, 2011, 09:30 AM
It looks really good! I am a layers and face framing layers fan. ;) I would love to see an updo pic!
I also like your hair very much in general. 3a curls are just so pretty, and the grey looks stunning! =)

bunzfan
October 6th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Oh wow your hair looks so great hope you dont hate the layers further down the line. Anyway you kept most of the length to glad your pleased.

Yozhik
October 6th, 2011, 09:34 AM
What a great cut!

Also, may I say that I love your color and your smile? :thud:

Kosmos
October 6th, 2011, 10:27 AM
What a beautiful cut! It really does suit you!

turtlelover
October 6th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Looks great! I'm so happy that it went well. Very flattering cut, too! :-)

Aqua Gal
October 6th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Love your curls! The cut looks great.

MrsGuther
October 6th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Your haircut looks great!

Toadstool
October 6th, 2011, 10:58 AM
Your hair looks wonderful, and really suits you.
I'm the same - I can't stand "product" on my hair :-)

jeanniet
October 6th, 2011, 11:14 AM
It really looks good, and suits your face very well! Congratulations; it's nice to hear a good story about a cut!

Macaroni
October 6th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Now THAT is a great haircut!

Lapin
October 6th, 2011, 11:22 AM
WOOO! I love seeing cuts like yours, though I rarely do!
It looks adorable, and flattering, and I hope you enjoy it!

teal
October 6th, 2011, 11:36 AM
What a great cut!

Also, may I say that I love your color and your smile? :thud:

Me too! :D Lovely hair!!

dulce
October 6th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Love your cut and curls,so feminine!

moon2dove
October 6th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Wow! Beautiful cut. Really suits you.

The photo of your curls without product looks so much better. My curls look so false with product. Hairdressers love to mash and scrunch the products into curls!

It's so nice to see someone smiling after a visit to the hairdresser :)
Rare occurrence these days !

Red Rapunzel
October 6th, 2011, 11:56 AM
It looks very soft and natural. Suits you well! Congrats on a good decision!

knoxkatie
October 6th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Oh it's so pretty! Great haircuts are the best :)

Pixna
October 6th, 2011, 12:01 PM
I'm so glad you had such a good experience, Lulu (except for the overdone product), and I'm happy you were able to keep your length and retain the ability to do updos while adding more softness. It looks terrific!!!

swetiepeti
October 6th, 2011, 12:06 PM
looks fantastic. Beautiful loose curls. I've heard it's especially hard to find someone who can work well with naturally curly hair.

jaine
October 6th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Beautiful!

thelittlestdoc
October 6th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Congrats on your new cut! I'm still searching for a stylist who will actually listen and not lop off several inches when I just want a little bit of shaping around my face :rolleyes:

CornishMaid
October 6th, 2011, 01:26 PM
Oh Luluj it looks REALLY lovely, so pretty. You look gorgeous :D

CarpeDM
October 6th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Congrats!!!

luluj
October 6th, 2011, 03:57 PM
I would like to say a BIG thank-you to everyone!! Your comments were all so positive and flattering and I am so relieved. Even though I love the new cut, there is always that wee bit of doubt in the back of your mind making you second guess the decision to cut. There's nothing like positive feedback to chase away that doubt! :heartbeat

greygardens
October 6th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Gorgeous! I think we have have similar hair and layers work well for it.

xoxophelia
October 6th, 2011, 05:47 PM
It looks fantastic :)

longhairedwolf
October 6th, 2011, 05:59 PM
I think your hair looks great! Good for you!

Lostsoule77
October 6th, 2011, 07:00 PM
Luluj I think it looks so pretty! Plus I love your "fuzzy" picture the best! :) I'm glad you had a good experience.

newbeginning
October 7th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Lovely colour, texture and cut.

luluj
October 7th, 2011, 01:52 PM
:grouphug: Thanks so much for all of the lovely comments, I appreciate each and every one of them! :crush:

Demetrue
October 7th, 2011, 09:42 PM
You look lovely with your new style! It really makes the most of your natural wave pattern - romantic and beautiful!

lacefrost
October 7th, 2011, 10:11 PM
Beautiful cut! Looks so nice on you! I like it both with product and without.

luluj
October 8th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Thank-you Demetrue :flower: & lacefrost :flower:

julierockhead
October 8th, 2011, 08:04 PM
UltraBella enables in the most positive way! Wish she lived closer so I could go to her salon :(

PixxieStix
October 8th, 2011, 08:22 PM
Your hair looks wonderful, and I adore your curls! Great job on the stylists part, and good for you for making sure you get what you want. ^.^

UltraBella
October 8th, 2011, 09:00 PM
UltraBella enables in the most positive way! Wish she lived closer so I could go to her salon :(

Everyone is welcome to come to my salon ! Layers for everyone !!! Woo hoo !!
(you would not be the first LHCer to visit me)

Tressie
October 8th, 2011, 09:08 PM
I think your hair looks beautiful and I'm glad you shared your positive salon experience with us! I'm not surprised that the lovely UltraBella gave you good advice! After all she is the "queen of layers"! (o:

luluj
October 9th, 2011, 05:24 PM

Yes she does, julierockhead!! ;)

We need her to start a thread titled .... Ask the Hairdresser! :thumbsup:

luluj
October 9th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Your hair looks wonderful, and I adore your curls! Great job on the stylists part, and good for you for making sure you get what you want. ^.^

Thank-you, PixxieStix! :flower:

luluj
October 9th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Everyone is welcome to come to my salon ! Layers for everyone !!! Woo hoo !!
(you would not be the first LHCer to visit me)

I will be keeping my layers, I love them!! :p Layers give the hair "attitude!":D

Asequui
October 9th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Your hair looks fantastic!
I agree, hairstylists are NOT the Debil. :p
If you can find a good one that actually listens to what you're telling them and respects your length goals, you're golden. :D

luluj
October 10th, 2011, 03:33 PM
Your hair looks fantastic!
I agree, hairstylists are NOT the Debil. :p
If you can find a good one that actually listens to what you're telling them and respects your length goals, you're golden. :D
I couldn't agree more, Asequui, I am very lucky to have a great hairdesser!;)

Thanks!!:flower: