PDA

View Full Version : New routine and brushing with BBB

vanamo
October 6th, 2011, 04:53 AM
Hi everyone!

I recently started a new routine. Before I shampooed+conditionered every four days and in betweens used only conditioner (Day 1:shampoo, D2:nothing, D3: conditioner, D4: nothing).

Now my routine is shampoo and conditoner in the 1st day then the next three days nothing but coconut oil on the ends and brush a lot more with BBB. My scalp seems to love this new routine, but my lengths are quite heavy and seem to be very oily right after shampoo. I think it is the BBB-brushing that is distributing my natural oils.

I wanted to ask you lovely people, if you have similar experiences. And is this (hopefully) just a transition stage. I would really like to continue my new routine, because it seems to be more scalpfriendly.

So. Opinions? Comments? Experiences?

vintage88
October 6th, 2011, 07:21 AM
I just started using a BBB everyday and have noticed my hair is more greasy/oily. I think its just because my hair and scalp arent used to it yet, I think it will settle down in a few weeks, perhaps your hair is the same?:)

Alaia
October 6th, 2011, 07:31 AM
Perhaps you are simply using too much oil?

That's pretty much all I can think of.

KwaveT
October 6th, 2011, 07:32 AM
I just started using a BBB everyday and have noticed my hair is more greasy/oily. I think its just because my hair and scalp arent used to it yet, I think it will settle down in a few weeks, perhaps your hair is the same?:)

I have probably not gotten my hair to the point where it stops producing all this excess oil. On my third day, my hair is quite oily. BBB to me makes my hair have a real shiny appearance because it is distributing those oils. It also flattens out my waves so I take a regular hairbrush to recreate some of the wave in my hair.

Madora
October 6th, 2011, 08:39 AM
It sounds like way to much conditioning going on and that is creating buildup.

You might try diluting both your shampoo and conditioner. Unless your hair is naturally oily, shampooing once a week should be enough.

vanamo
October 6th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Thank you for your responses.

I have been using cocnut oil only in the ends (inch or two). I'm beginning to think that when I'm distributing more of my natural oil there might not be so much need for a conditioner.

What do you think, should I deep clean shampoo my hair? I just did it a few weeks ago (might used too much oil after that).

vanamo
October 9th, 2011, 02:21 PM
I washed my hair two days ago only with shampoo and used coconut oil after it dried:

It is feeling amazing now. still clean, not "too clean" and soft. Maybe i had been using too conditioning products. It would be wonderful to leave conditioner out of my routine (less chemical products).

By the way as a shampoo i used lush shampoo called Rehab. It has really woked also wonders to my boyfriends head. He have a history of scalp issues.

Thank you for your help :)