PDA

View Full Version : Paranoia about thiness :(

GracieRae
October 5th, 2011, 11:58 PM
I co washed with suave coconut for years but recently fell off the wagon and started using cones again. My hair does feel softer and looks shinier but I realized my ponytail feels awfully puny :( It never struck me before so I'm guessing it's the cones? I measured the circumference and it's just shy of 3 inches. I'm not sure where that falls on the scale. I'm just bummed because now I'm worrying about shedding and what can I do to increase thickness and do people notice and blah blah blah lol. It really sucks too because if I go back to cone free, I just bought a 33.8oz bottle of Rusk leave in:( oh well that's the way life goes huh?

GracieRae
October 6th, 2011, 12:07 AM
Ooooops! Title is supposed to say *thinness* lol.

growingpains
October 6th, 2011, 12:54 AM
You could consider conefree condish as the main condish and then using a coney serum or leave in on the ends only...

katsrevenge
October 6th, 2011, 01:06 AM
Just shy of 3 is ii /III I think. It's normal. Lots of people have less but really, no one notices unless it is unhealthy or bright green.

Night_Kitten
October 6th, 2011, 06:20 AM
3'' sircumfence is right in the middle of ii if I remember correctly (if I'm not mistaken i<2'', 2''<ii<4'', 4''<iii) so your'e in a good place in the middle :)
You really have nothing to worry about, cones can make your hair feel thinner because it's sleeker and lays closer together.
To undo that effect I second growingpains's advice of using the cony products only on the ends :)

Mesmerise
October 6th, 2011, 06:39 AM
Given that 3" is right in the middle of ii, I'd say it's pretty much smack bang on average as far as circumference is concerned! Sure there will be people with more hair than you, but there will also be many with a lot less.

vanillabones
October 6th, 2011, 06:41 AM
I don't even have 2" ponytail so that seems like a big pony to me!

GracieRae
October 6th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Awwww thank you guys :) those were some nice posts to read this morning. I feel better now. You guys are always so kind and helpful, it means a lot to me :)

Yame
October 6th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Going cone free makes the hair appear thicker? That's good to know!

Anje
October 6th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Yep, you're right in the middle of ii. My circumference is only about 2.5", and I'm pretty sure I've got my scalp and hair almost as healthy and happy as I'm going to get them. Not everyone has the genes for ponytails you need to secure with a bungee cord.

MrsGuther
October 6th, 2011, 11:36 AM
A 3 inch ponytail circumference is pretty good actually. I don't think you have thin hair at all if your ponytail circ. is 3 inches. I totally understand what you mean about coney conditioner making your hair feel more puney though. That happens to me to- it probably means you need to do a clarifying shampoo to get out some build up.

WaitingSoLong
October 6th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Going cone free makes the hair appear thicker? That's good to know!

YES, it gives it more body, if you like that. So do braid waves.

But it doesn't change your hairs real thickness of course.

Mairéad
October 6th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Hey, I have juusssst about a three inch pony. (Can't quite get the whole thing into an actual pony tail yet). It's actually pretty darn average! I always thought I had really thin hair but as soon as I realized I was in the middle of the ii category I started feeling like I had a ton of hair. :D