PDA

View Full Version : Movies featuring women with cute updo styles

prinses
October 5th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Does anyone know some movies or tv series featuring beautifull women with beautifull buns or updo hairstyles? I just love watching those because it looks so feminine and cute. I'll post some of my favourites here. If you prefer other hairstyles you're also welocome to post here and share movies to show us what you like.

Movies:

- Jane Eyre (1996) featuring Charlotte Gainsbourg. She plays a governess and wears the same cute updo style for allmost the entire movie.
- Sissi (1955) featuring Romy Schneider. She can be seen wearing a real big crownbraid in the hunting scene that starts at 45:20.
- Dresden (2006) featuring Felicitass Woll. She pays a nurse with that typical nurse updo style in lots of scenes though not the entire movie.
- First Daughter (2004) fearuring Katie Holmes wearing a perfect bun on top of her head in the dancing scene in the middle of the movie.

Series:

- North and South (1985). I'll never forget Wendy Kilbourne and her beautifull long hair pinnend up in various styles throughout the series. However she doesn't play a major part so it's just a couple of minutes every episode.
- Fairly Legal (2011). Virginia Williams, though not playing the lead part, looks so cute in her french twist hairdos.
- Rosswell (1999-2002). Both Shiri Appleby and Katherine Heigl wear lots of different styles throughout the series including buns, updos and pinned up braids. Also it's cute to see Majandra Delfino first with the real short style evolving into a longer style pinning the hair up sometimes also.

As you might have noticed I prefer straight style's though you're welcome to share any movies and hairstyles you like.

coffinhert
October 5th, 2011, 05:37 PM
The movie that came out this year, Tree of Life, has an amazing array of 1950s hairstyles.

Madora
October 5th, 2011, 07:53 PM
For my money, the hairstyles of Romy Schneider in the Sisi Trilogy are spectacular! There's a brief scene of her incredible roped braids that makes my mouth water! I'd dearly love to know how the hairdresser managed that fantastic wig.

Amarante
October 5th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Sense & Sensibility (1995) All the girls have beautiful updos daily, but the ones they sport for dances and other formal gatherings are sooo beautiful to me. Especially when they entwine beads, ribbon, etc., into them. :)

prinses
October 31st, 2011, 02:15 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone. I have to agree with Madora that Romy Schneider looks spectacular in the Sissi trilogy. As I said, the hunting scene is my favorite, with the beautifull crownbraid. I think there extensions though, not a wig. Would love to know which scene it is you liked so much. Also, the hairstyle on your profile pic is really gorgeus, Madora :)

Madora
October 31st, 2011, 02:29 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone. I have to agree with Madora that Romy Schneider looks spectacular in the Sissi trilogy. As I said, the hunting scene is my favorite, with the beautifull crownbraid. I think there extensions though, not a wig. Would love to know which scene it is you liked so much. Also, the hairstyle on your profile pic is really gorgeus, Madora :)

Hi, prinses. Miss Schneider wore wigs for all 3 of her Sisi films. She stated in an interview that the wig with the braided loops (the scenes with Franz outdoors up in the mountains where they view the scenery) weighed 4 lbs. This scene always gets me because those braids are so incredible..regular ropes. I've been looking for pictures of the Empress wearing that hairstyle but have only come across one..and that taken from a distance.

Thanks for your compliment on my picture. I wore double braids in a coronet for many years but now favor a lace braided crown braid instead.

Amber_Maiden
October 31st, 2011, 02:31 PM
Chicago? or Nine? I believe there were updo styles in those...

Nini
October 31st, 2011, 02:38 PM
Grey's Anatomy finally convinced me to try Ficcare's;)

noelgirl
November 1st, 2011, 04:20 AM
Grey's Anatomy finally convinced me to try Ficcare's;)

Grey's Anatomy always inspires me! There was a side braid that Meredith wore a few seasons ago that I still love and sometimes imitate.