PDA

View Full Version : anybody gets their hair "drunk"?

ya-ya C
October 5th, 2011, 08:45 AM
:D what I mean is using beer to rinse ;)

I just tried an egg wash and it was wonderful. In my mind whenever I hear about washing with egg I remember of two other folk recipies I heard from my mom - buttermilk masks and beer rinsing.

So I'm calling to those who have tried it - did you like it and what did it do to your hair? Any special tecniques? Also do you know the reason it works (example: ACV restores PH of scalp and closes hair follicle, etc)

Thanks a lot to everybody who can share their experience

Aeris
October 5th, 2011, 09:50 AM
Here is the beer thread, it should help:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=55808

My hair loves beer, I've been using it to rinse for awhile (helps now that I'm actually old enough to buy it!). It gives my hair a lot of body and shine; makes it a little bouncy.

I use it about once a month, and I just pour the bottle (after I've let it go flat) over my hair after conditioning, let it sit for a few minutes, and then rinse with cold water. Never had a problem with the smell staying.

ya-ya C
October 5th, 2011, 09:01 PM
thanks for the link :)

AnqeIicDemise
October 5th, 2011, 09:10 PM
Yes, and YES.

I've been doing it since I was 13. Got in trouble for using his expensive, imported beer too. I would have never gotten caught except I left half the can in the tub.

He told me to stick to the crap beers for my hair as I was committing a huge sin by using the expensive stuff unless I was going to drink it too. rofl

MrsGuther
October 5th, 2011, 09:35 PM
I've done an egg wash, but I have never tried a beer rinse. I've heard mixed reviews on a beer rinse. Some women have said it makes their hair light and bouncy , and others have said it makes their hair look dull and flat. I guess it depends on the person and their hair type, just like with any other hair product. :)