PDA

View Full Version : when hair gets in the way

WinterButterfly
October 4th, 2011, 11:36 PM
Have you any experiences with hair getting in the way. Perhaps you tried to grab your backpack before swinging your hair to the siide. Or maybe you were trying to zip up a dress and got some locks trapped in it. I'm curious about what lengths your hair is when it can get really irritating and interfere with random events in life. I still haven't figured out how to put on a backpack without my hair up.

Shelly
October 5th, 2011, 12:01 AM
When I carried a backpack, I pulled my hair over one shoulder, put one strap over the opposite then put my hair over the other shoulder and finished with the backpack.

WinterButterfly
October 5th, 2011, 01:50 AM
I get in such a rush sometimes. And I forget my hair is down. Then I have hair in the straps. My purse ia also a mini backpack. So.. yeah. I have also had issues with hair and the seatbelt. I'm not always sure where to put it. I have been laying on my stomach reading. Then as I try to get up my head is yanked doen because hair is under my hand. I am convinced that hair has a life of its own sometimes. Its kinda funny.

MinderMutsig
October 5th, 2011, 02:13 AM
It keeps getting stuck when I put on my bra. Argh!
Leave it in the back and it gets stuck under the band. Pull it to the front and it gets stuck down the front and under the shoulder strap. I now bend at the waist to get my bra on which is what the old lady in the bra store told me to do anyway but I really don't like that method and even then I have to be careful not to scoop up hair.

nobeltonya
October 5th, 2011, 04:49 AM
When I carried a backpack, I pulled my hair over one shoulder, put one strap over the opposite then put my hair over the other shoulder and finished with the backpack.
Ditto. Or when I'm putting on a jacket and it's loose, I do about the same thing. Taking off a sweater/pull-over, I lean forward w/my hair over one shoulder and pull my arms out of it, then stand back up with my hair in the back and pull it off. Definitely have to adjust to longer hair.. heh

wooliswonderful
October 5th, 2011, 04:59 AM
Now that I'm at waist again it's been getting in the way when down, even when pony-tailed.
I've started putting it up in a low bun every morning and it usually stays there until bedtime. :)

Kelikea
October 5th, 2011, 05:08 AM
Hip is where mine got in the way the most. Sit on the couch, the person next to you sits on it. Sit on the floor, someone walking by you steps on it. Give a person a hug, it gets caught under their arm. Buckle the seatbelt, it gets buckled into it. Close the car door...you get the idea. And yet, it is my goal for this year!

Chromis
October 5th, 2011, 05:14 AM
Hmmm, I don't think mine ever really gets in the way. I wear it up so it doesn't get caught on things or put it up when I go to do something where it might if it was down. If it is down or braided and I need it out of the way quickly, I drape it around my neck like a scarf.

I do have to be careful putting sweaters on, but no more than I do about making sure they don't get snagged on my glasses.

Nae
October 5th, 2011, 05:26 AM
I just wear it up, especially if I am going to be messing around with a backpack. Because I *know* it will get in the way.

Madora
October 5th, 2011, 07:07 AM
My hair started getting in the way when it hit shoulder. I rarely wore it unconfined because it was always a bloody hassle detangling. Wearing it up or confining it was the answer to the tangling issues.

Chetanlaiho
October 5th, 2011, 07:39 AM
The reason I used to ponytail my hair 24/7 (and tight at that, yikes) is that it would get in the way of |everything|. And even then the tail would bug me. I think if I knew how to bun it at that time, I would have xD

Now I'm spoiled with all my buns that leave me completely free to do as I please =D When I do wear it down or in a braid or such, I get annoyed with my hair being everywhere ^^;

spidermom
October 5th, 2011, 07:59 AM
I wore my hair down most of the time until it got solidly into BSL territory. Then it started getting in the way of every day activities and I learned to put it up.

Lucie159
October 5th, 2011, 08:06 AM
I'm still in the "I'm thrilled its getting so long stage" but last week I got irritated cause I thought my hubby was pulling on my hair until I realized it was caught under my armpit. lol

silverpiper
October 5th, 2011, 08:25 AM
lol I just reached armpit length- and now its getting caught under my arms

Rybe
October 5th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Mine didn't start haunting my life until it was past waist. Then I went and hacked 6 inches off, now I sorta wish I hadn't. It started taunting me when I SLEPT before then, but I just flung it up over the pillow and that problem was solved (until we got a new cat who likes to sleep on it...still haven't solved that problem...)

Dorothy
October 5th, 2011, 12:38 PM
I can't cook with my hair down. I have a gas stove, and visions of myself going up in flames. I also enjoy it getting in the way, it's evidence of length, and I want length. But not flames.