PDA

View Full Version : Wow 5 in 5!

Springlets
October 4th, 2011, 11:01 PM
I'm a bit shy of my usual date for taking monthly pictures, but I couldn't help it- I'm too excited! I had previously thought that my hair grew about .66" per month (this was only from previous hair lengths estimation). I started taking monthly pictures to record growth, but hadn't measured the actual growth till now- I've had a total of 5" in 5 months! :cheese: Allow me to join the 1" per month club! ;)

From June 10th- October 4th
http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz17/Blaircorneliabass/Untitledhair.jpg

I did drink a lot of sun tea made with Rooibos in it over the summer. And for the last few weeks I've been taking vitamins and Biotin again. I can't say I've been particularly gentle with my hair either since I keep slapping on semi-permanents on the dyed parts as I am growing out my roots (as you can probably tell from the pictures). But I think all the different tips and tricks I've learned from here have certainly contributed.

Thank you LHC!!!!!

(Now I need a new striped shirt to measure by. :D On to hip length!!!!!)

Amarante
October 4th, 2011, 11:57 PM
That is so awesome... It's always inspiring when you can actually see the progress. :D

WinterButterfly
October 5th, 2011, 01:56 AM
Neato! Mine grows about .75 a month. An inch a month is a lot!

<3OnHerSleeve
October 5th, 2011, 02:12 AM
Congratulations!!! That's amazing growth, can't wait till I can say I'm waist.

maria_tasha
October 5th, 2011, 02:43 AM
Wow! great growth. I'm starting to drink Rooibos again. Fingers crossed. Hope it will help my growth as well.

Oksana
October 5th, 2011, 06:20 AM
That is really noticeable growth, especially with your hair texture! :cheese:

Nicci4
October 5th, 2011, 07:56 AM
what is Rooibos?

PinkyCat
October 5th, 2011, 07:58 AM
WOAH! Rooibos huh? Gotta get some of that immediately.....

Automne
October 5th, 2011, 08:04 AM
Congrats!! It's great! Lucky girl.

Rhodugune
October 5th, 2011, 08:15 AM
what is Rooibos?

It's tea. :)
Here is a thread about it:
anybody want to join me in a rooibo experiment? (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=71576&highlight=rooibos)

Springlets I really envy you! ;)
Congratulations, it really amazing how much it grown! :cheese:

Avital88
October 5th, 2011, 08:16 AM
wow for sure! thats some good growth!

spidermom
October 5th, 2011, 08:22 AM
Congratulations. You could probbly stand in front of a mirror and watch your hair grow. haha

I love it when I get growth spurts. They often happen in October-November, so come on hair. I want to post a holey-moley! thread, too.

Manzanilla
October 5th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Amazing growth!!! And I really like your hair too!!

Rocket22
October 5th, 2011, 08:43 AM
That is amazing!!! I wanna be in the 1" club :) Don't you just love when you take photos and you get a great surprise. I saw the tea thread maybe there is something to it? Off to go buy some tea

racrane
October 5th, 2011, 11:19 AM
You're a lucky girl. My hair grows faster than average, but not as fast as you. So pretty!

jojo
October 5th, 2011, 05:55 PM
excellent growth woo hoo! its looks nice and boigy too!

owlathena
October 5th, 2011, 06:02 PM
Wow congrats!

Springlets
October 5th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Thanks everyone for the compliments!

Yes, Rooibos is a tea, also called red bush tea, right? I need to make sure I drink lots of it this fall and winter (it's cold and raining- I'll go make some now!).

Congratulations. You could probbly stand in front of a mirror and watch your hair grow. haha

I love it when I get growth spurts. They often happen in October-November, so come on hair. I want to post a holey-moley! thread, too.

Lol I could make one of those time-lapse videos. I'm sure it would be a hit around here! ;) And I look forward greatly to your own holey-moley! thread. :)

That is amazing!!! I wanna be in the 1" club :) Don't you just love when you take photos and you get a great surprise.

That's exactly how it happened; it totally snuck up on me! I didn't really think my hair had grown that much until I compared the first picture with my last and thought, "holy moly!" ;)

KwaveT
October 5th, 2011, 08:10 PM
That is amazing hair growth. I can only hope that I can generate that kind of growth with supplements that I am using.

Buggheart
October 5th, 2011, 08:44 PM
Congrats! Great idea to wear a stripey shirt when you take pics so you can measure based on that. I ask my DH to measure my hair monthly and it always ends up being shorter than the previous month (How i have no idea). I think I'll start doing it your way and see how that works out for me.

unheardletters
October 5th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Wow. I would love to have an inch a month growth, but I'd be fortunate if I can get a quarter of an inch a month.

blondie9912
October 5th, 2011, 09:14 PM
Congratulations! I would love to get an inch a month, lucky you :)

I love the colour at your roots in the 5th photo (looks like a medium neutral blonde to me?) it blends nicely with your length and doesn't look 'overdone' like some people's roots do. Great growth and colour :D

allnight avenue
October 5th, 2011, 09:46 PM
your curl pattern is to *die* for!

Springlets
October 5th, 2011, 10:01 PM
Congrats! Great idea to wear a stripey shirt when you take pics so you can measure based on that. I ask my DH to measure my hair monthly and it always ends up being shorter than the previous month (How i have no idea). I think I'll start doing it your way and see how that works out for me.

Oh yes, my attempts at measuring with a tape measure never work, but then I have to do it all by myself. Just make sure you're always in the same position- for example, I always sit a little on the counter in my bathroom and stretch upwards as much as possible (you know, like the pretend a string is attached to the top of your head kind of thing?).

I love the colour at your roots in the 5th photo (looks like a medium neutral blonde to me?) it blends nicely with your length and doesn't look 'overdone' like some people's roots do. Great growth and colour :D

Thank you so much, blondie9912. :) I can never quite tell if my roots are ash or neutral; I have a photo album of them on my profile page (although I need to update it). I'm still getting an overly saturated henna gloss out of my hair (the dyed parts took to the color way too strongly and quickly!), so that may make it look a little more neutral. I'm very happy with the roots to dyed contrast, although, like you said in your own thread, I miss the lighter hair color a lot sometimes!

Btw, I'm thinking possibly, over the winter when/if my hair gets darker, I may give myself a few -lightly done- highlights with this lightening gel (http://www.amazon.com/Bella-Lightning-Gel-12-oz/dp/B003M09LPK), which is basically like Sun- In, but, since it's in a gel form, it's easier to use for highlights and would work very gradually. Anyway, something to consider for your own predicament. :)

your curl pattern is to *die* for!
Thank you! They're not as good as they should be right now, but I think they're on their way to full health again. :D

katsrevenge
October 5th, 2011, 10:11 PM
That is awesome!

MajorasMask
October 6th, 2011, 01:04 AM
Congrats! It looks beautiful! How does the roobios taste?

Springlets
October 6th, 2011, 11:17 PM
It's a bit spicy, earthy kind of taste. I pair it with other flavors. I particularly enjoy combining it with my vanilla caramel tea. But it's also good with fruit teas.

Rebeccalaurenxx
October 7th, 2011, 12:33 AM
You have BEAUTIFUL curls :)