PDA

View Full Version : Braid Experiment. Does this look stupid?

misspurdy06
October 4th, 2011, 10:07 PM
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x223/misspurd06/1004235637.jpg

Shorty89
October 4th, 2011, 10:16 PM
I think it'd look great if it was a touch tighter - ie closer to your hairline :)

heartgoesboom
October 4th, 2011, 10:17 PM
i'm not a fan. but i think it would look better if it's not as low... like if you can still see your other brow?

Lostsoule77
October 4th, 2011, 10:18 PM
I like the braid, but not the placement. I think it would look better about an inch back from the hairline.

MissManda
October 4th, 2011, 10:22 PM
That reminds me of this style. (http://www.cutegirlshairstyles.com/5-minutes/lace-braid-into-soft-ponytails-teen-hairstyles/) :) I really like the idea, but I can't pull it off because my hairline has a weird shape.

ElusiveMuse
October 4th, 2011, 10:26 PM
I agree - cute but maybe cuter a little higher up? Anyway, you're pretty!

hellopanpan
October 4th, 2011, 10:27 PM
I think it looks really cute, very boho chic :)

KwaveT
I think it'd look great if it was a touch tighter - ie closer to your hairline :)

I agree with this.

thelittlestdoc
Not a big fan. I've seen a similar boho/hippy-chic look on a few people around my campus, but I think it has a bit of an affected look to it. The braid itself is nice, I think it would be great at the hairline. ;)

PrincessBob
October 4th, 2011, 10:39 PM
Personally, I love it. If I could do it myself (my hands get stupid when it comes to french, dutch and lace braiding) I think I would wear it fairly often, because it looks kind of like having side-swept bangs without actually having to cut bangs.

misspurdy06
October 4th, 2011, 10:40 PM
how about this

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x223/misspurd06/Untitled.jpg

misspurdy06
October 4th, 2011, 10:46 PM
I agree - cute but maybe cuter a little higher up? Anyway, you're pretty!
Thank you.

UltraBella
October 4th, 2011, 10:50 PM
That's pretty, and it's interesting to look at. I think you could incorporate this into an incredibly cool Halloween costume.

longhairedlady
October 4th, 2011, 10:56 PM
I think its cute! Maybe have it a touch higher, but I like it! :)

longhairedlady
October 4th, 2011, 10:58 PM
I liked the "poofiness" of the first pic but I like the placement of this pic :)

ya-ya C
October 4th, 2011, 11:06 PM
I don't know if it's the angle you took the picture from or the difference in style/height/tightness but IMHO the FIRST style looks better with your face shape, because it creates volume on top, while the second version is kind of like wearing a skull cap and brings attention to the lower part of your face and makes it look rounder (I have the same face shape and it's a pain to choose hats for winter that don't make my cheeks look 3 times fuller all of a sudden just by putting a wrong style of hat on my head!)

In any case the idea and style is awesome!

Personally, I love it. If I could do it myself (my hands get stupid when it comes to french, dutch and lace braiding) I think I would wear it fairly often, because it looks kind of like having side-swept bangs without actually having to cut bangs.

:D same here. My hands don't know anything but a plain English braid and just recently started learning the basic bun. Not their fault though - I didn't have much need for anything complicated till I reached BSL couple months ago. We need to educate our hands in the fine art of braiding and long-hair updos!:cheese:

Kome
October 4th, 2011, 11:20 PM
I actually LOL'd at this. Haha. It's very cute, but it's too low and looks a bit like a hair hat. I think it would look wonderful up higher and it's very creative, but keep working on it. :)

thelittlestdoc
October 4th, 2011, 11:58 PM
Definitely like this look better--maybe if you didn't have the "tail" hanging loose, but instead continued the braid around the side of your head? Like french braiding instead of letting it loose after your front hairline ends?

xoxophelia
October 5th, 2011, 12:19 AM
If you messed it up a little I think it would work for an editorial fashion shoot.

elvishkat
October 5th, 2011, 12:20 AM
This is a really neat idea, and your braiding is so tidy!

lizdini
October 5th, 2011, 01:50 AM
For everyday, I don't think it would work. But depending on your style it could be awesome dressed up to go out or for the ren faire, ect. You are very creative!

misspurdy06
October 5th, 2011, 02:31 AM
Thanks everyone! More experiments to come!