PDA

View Full Version : Should I have bangs?

Nicci4
October 4th, 2011, 05:31 PM
When I pull my hair back (which has become quite often) I feel like I look so severe. Should I get bangs or long side-swept fringe? Face framers? Or just leave it like it is?
http://www.kodakgallery.com/imaging-site/services/doc/5361:422774857212/jpeg/SM/async

spidermom
October 4th, 2011, 05:44 PM
It depends on how bothered you would be by twigs of hair hanging in your face. I liked how I looked with face-framing fringe, but when I was busy, got sweaty, and had hair sticking to my face, the cute wasn't worth the hassle.

akuamoonmaui
October 4th, 2011, 05:45 PM
How do you feel about growing out bangs? Have you tried loosening the hair around your face for a softer look? You have a very nice and kind smile, that might work if you don't like the idea of growing them out.

GracieRae
October 4th, 2011, 05:51 PM
I love side swept bangs on almost everybody. They're very flattering. Less commitment than blunt across the forehead bangs too. They add a feminine touch but I hate styling them

Sakuracha
October 4th, 2011, 05:56 PM
It's all down to your own personal preference, but you could experiment with fake clip-in bangs to test the look out and see whether or not you'd like it.

MrsGuther
October 4th, 2011, 06:21 PM
I vote for long side swept fringe. I think swoopy bangs would look great on you!

silverjen
October 4th, 2011, 06:27 PM
I have bangs, and find them to be pretty low maintenance. That should be even more true for 1a/1b hair. Side swept seems to be the popular choice right now, and it's fairly versatile. You could mimic face framing layers now by pulling strands out of your updo and draping them around your face, to see how they look.

I'm not sure how well blunt bangs would work for you, I think they might close your face off too much. Just my opinion, though.

AnqeIicDemise
October 4th, 2011, 06:29 PM
I tried cutting a side swept bang this weekend. It didn't go very well. It was.. 'okay'. Thankfully, I left the fringe long enough to be pulled back and I started with a very thin layer of hair in case this happened. I'll be honest, I winged it. I think I'll either study more videos or go to the salon and get them cut in...while making it clear I don't want my length touched. at all.

rbooh
October 4th, 2011, 07:11 PM
I think Sakuracha has a great idea. Clip in bangs to see if you like the way they look. If you do get them cut, get longer sideswept bangs, very pretty but easier to grow out if you don't like them.

I have blunt bangs at eyebrow length, but I only have them to hide deep creases on my forehead.

utdesertrunner
October 4th, 2011, 08:17 PM
I love side swept bangs! I think they are flattering on most people. And I never find them hard to style. If they are long enough you can pin them out of your way too.

longhairedwolf
October 4th, 2011, 08:28 PM
I love side swept bangs! I think they are flattering on most people. And I never find them hard to style. If they are long enough you can pin them out of your way too.

I completely agree. They're a nice compromise in that they soften your features without being as hard to maintain as regular bangs. I'm also a fan of longer face framing layers that you can clip out of the way when they become a bother.

Sakuracha
October 4th, 2011, 09:05 PM
I think Sakuracha has a great idea. Clip in bangs to see if you like the way they look. If you do get them cut, get longer sideswept bangs, very pretty but easier to grow out if you don't like them.

I have blunt bangs at eyebrow length, but I only have them to hide deep creases on my forehead.

I guess my suggestion is also for myself in the future. I'm in the process of growing out bangs right now and their at that awkward phase where their too long to wear in front but too short to put behind ears. After these grow out I think I'll opt for fake bangs in the future.

Alex Lou
October 4th, 2011, 09:15 PM
Yes, get bangs. Your look with your hair back does look rather severe. It reminds me of why I have bangs. And bangs with glasses are cute!

Bangs are a little more upkeep though. Since I have oily skin, I need to wash my bangs every day. It's really not that much to do, but depending on how low-maintenance you like to be, you may not want even a small extra thing to do.

Nicci4
October 4th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Ha ha! You guys are great! I really like the look of the long side-swept bangs. I think I will try that! Worst case scenario, I can clip them back or wear a baseball cap.:)