PDA

View Full Version : Getting hair cut...

Amber_Maiden
October 4th, 2011, 12:18 PM
I want a hair cut... just for a change. I don't want to cut any length, just dust it, but i do want layers or something...

What would you guys suggest for long wavy thick hair? I just want something different. My best friend says to make them cut it in a slight arch in the back and thats it... What do you guys think?:confused:

I'm having a hard time finding pictures of what i want as well...

I want one of those bombshell/Victoria's secret model hairstyles...:cool:

dulce
October 4th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Remember those victoria secrets models have a well paid army of experts behind them to help make them look like that ! Plus airbrushing photos.We're talking high maintenance here,are you sure you want that?

kidari
October 4th, 2011, 02:14 PM
A lot of the girls have BSL hair that is cut into long layers- you really need to go to a very good stylist you will trust completely. Also in order for their hair to look like that they use a lot of extensions, heat styling, and lots of teasing. However if your natural hair has the right texture, length, cut and thickness for that style you can achieve the look with a simple 1-3 pin curls in the crown area and a sock bun. Fast, easy... the key is finding the right haircut and having hair that is easy to style in that manner.

starlamelissa
October 4th, 2011, 02:17 PM
For a vickie's secret look, I'd invest in heat protectant, a big set of hot rollers, and a few long layers. :)

StephanieB
October 4th, 2011, 02:20 PM
I want one of those bombshell/Victoria's secret model hairstyles...:cool:
Remember that those models have horribly damaging things done to their hair to achieve the look they all have. Hot blow dryer sessions, teasing/backcombing, false hair underneath your real hair that even they don't wear other than for shoots... much worse stuff, too.
In the end, is it worth damaging your hair - repetitively - to have that look?

jojo
October 4th, 2011, 02:43 PM
If my hair was thick id go for this style http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=79483 its just lush!

Sakuracha
October 4th, 2011, 02:50 PM
If my hair was thick id go for this style http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=79483 its just lush!

I second this suggestion.

kidari
October 4th, 2011, 02:53 PM

I know, right?! She's the one that made me want to stick to MBL with layers like VS model hair. Also, keep in mind if you have the length, thickness, and the right texture all you need are the layers and you can achieve the look without the heat styling and extensions and if your layers in the crown are cut well and on the shorter side then you don't really need to tease either.

Kathie
October 4th, 2011, 02:55 PM
I think UltraBella has naturally wavy hair though- just something to keep in mind.

I agree though long layers and/or some face framing layers can make a world of difference.

spidermom
October 4th, 2011, 03:11 PM
With 2B/2C iii hair, you could pull off layers without any heat styling. Maybe try long layers, a U-shape, and some face-framing bits. Or go all out like the photos jojo linked. If I were over having extra-long hair, I think I'd go for it. (but I'm not over it yet)

Kathie
October 4th, 2011, 04:20 PM
Oh sorry- you also have wavy hair! I should of looked at your info and not just at your avi pic. Some layers will probably bring out some more of your waves!

heartgoesboom
October 4th, 2011, 05:11 PM
with a 2b/2c, i bet getting the vs hair is not that hard. i got really good waves today by sleeping with a damp bun on top of my head! so, going for some one layers might be a good choice. :)

lacefrost
October 5th, 2011, 10:02 PM
I would first try styling my hair to emulate their hair so I'd know how to cut it. Try damp bunning or damp pin curls. Then once you hair is big and sort of curly, you'll have a better idea. I think if you changed your hemline (to a U-shape) and added some face framing layers, you'd get the look. I would try that first before layers because layers can be so tricky.

UltraBella
October 5th, 2011, 10:10 PM
Well, I vote for...uhm.....my hair style !! :D
Not everyone with VS hair is tortured and photoshopped, hair like that really does exist in real life.
I think you can pull it off nicely, just make sure you have someone very experienced with layers do it. Print off my pic and take it with you, be my hair twin !

growingpains
October 5th, 2011, 10:11 PM
Yup I think you have the perfect hair for the VS look or somethign like UltraBella has:) Go for it:) I would if my hair was thicker... even with thinner hair I still opt for layers as body and texture is awesome in my opinion.