PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else able to sleep with hairsticks?

Fethenwen
October 4th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Just a quick question, I usually sleep with a hairstick these days because my lovely ketylos are that comfy. I keep my hair in a high bun so it's out of the way.

Sometimes but quite rarely it does fall off during the night, but that's not such a big deal. I mostly don't notice it until morning.

This really seems like the most protective updo for me so far to have when sleeping.

Anyone else? :)

MyKing'sQueen
October 4th, 2011, 03:38 PM
I've tried it a couple of times and it stayed well, but I'm a rough sleeper, I toss and turn all the time and I'm scared I'll poke my DH with it, lol))

Intransigentia
October 4th, 2011, 04:22 PM
It seems to depend how much I toss and turn. some nights a nautilus (yes, in fact secured with ketylos) holds til morning, other mornings I wake up trapped in my hair and once I'm disentangled I have to search for the stick, which my cats may or may not have run off with.

Kristin
October 4th, 2011, 04:37 PM
I like to use a Ketylo for bed sometimes. It holds a lazy wrap about 50% of the time.

Yozhik
October 4th, 2011, 06:02 PM
A couple of times I've gone to bed with a short wooden stick in a loose bun. It has held fine, and I think it may have fallen out once, but was easily retrievable and didn't injure anyone before it was found. :)

long&blonde
October 4th, 2011, 06:13 PM
You guys inspired me to try this!

Dizzy_zzz
October 4th, 2011, 06:21 PM
oooh! I do! I do!

Sleeping with my hair in a (hairstick) bun on the top of my head was the best decision I've ever made for my hair. I swear it's made more difference that using oils or even conditioners, and it's so much more comfortable than sleeping with braids and it's only fallen out twice in the year that I've been doing it. I luuurve it--as long as the stick isn't too long. :D

Fethenwen
October 5th, 2011, 08:31 AM
Nice to see there are others out there :)

oooh! I do! I do!

Sleeping with my hair in a (hairstick) bun on the top of my head was the best decision I've ever made for my hair. I swear it's made more difference that using oils or even conditioners, and it's so much more comfortable than sleeping with braids and it's only fallen out twice in the year that I've been doing it. I luuurve it--as long as the stick isn't too long. :D
Say no more, I also find the benefits of this quite huge. Braids always look a bit messy in the morning and I may have problems with tangles. But a bun that holds well really saves my hair a lot from mechanical damage.