PDA

View Full Version : Any 2s out there?

Bethfriend
October 4th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Hi guys!

So before I found this website I went talked with a coworker, before remembering that everybody has different hair. her hair is a 3, I want to say that mine is a 2. I'll post a picture later for the purpose of wanting some help. ):

Anyways, I went out and bought Argan Oil shampoo and Conditioner. After using the new product my ends have started to feel more...I want to say crunchy. I can't really say right now because I bought a clarifying shampoo and used that the other day...and haven't done anything else to it since. After using the shampoo there is only one spot the direct back part of my head that gets super super oily. I'm wondering if anybody has any opinions on shampoo?
(now that I know maybe I shouldn't just jump on whatever somebody says works for them) I just don't want to continue to use it if I should try something else...but I don't want to just go out and buy something random. I don't know what to do.

Bethfriend
October 4th, 2011, 11:40 AM
I might be going about this the wrong way. ): sorry!

Anje
October 4th, 2011, 01:19 PM
My guess is that, very simply, your hair doesn't get along with the products you bought. It happens. There are conditioners that make my hair get rough after a few uses, for example, and shampoos that cause dandruff for me.

If you're looking for potential culprit ingredients, it would be good to know what the brand is (it seems like every other brand is suddenly putting Argan oil into things, seems to be the ingredient to use this season) and maybe have the ingredients lists.

Bethfriend
October 4th, 2011, 08:35 PM
It's One 'N Only Argan Oil shampoo and conditioner. I'm going to guess that my hair isn't agreeing with it. Too bad I didn't find this site before I jumped the gun and bought it. :(

danacc
October 4th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Oh, we'll lead you astray, too. ;)

One thing you'll learn here is that everybody's hair is different. There are similarities between folks with the same hair type. And there are also differences between folks with the same hair type. You have to try it for yourself to see if your hair likes it.

After clarifying, it's a good idea to use conditioner or a deep treatment to protectively coat the hair. If your hair was responding well to your previous shampoo and conditioner, go back to those until it starts behaving well again.

Cassie 123
October 4th, 2011, 09:04 PM
If you don't want to waste your new products, try using just the new shampoo with your old conditioner, or just the new conditioner with your old shampoo. There's no reason on earth that you need to use the two together, and one or the other might turn out to be just fine.

You also might try diluting the shampoo and using it only on your scalp, not really applying any to the length of your hair.

Another possibility is to make the conditioner more moisturizing by mixing it as an SMT: 4 parts conditioner, 1 part aloe juice or gel, 1 part honey. Mix, apply, and leave on for 15-60 minutes.