PDA

View Full Version : I think I need reclassification

teal
October 4th, 2011, 09:29 AM
I realized a while back that I'd typed my hair under less than ideal conditions, but I find it really hard to leave my hair alone to dry. It drives me nuts not to put it up and out of the way.

By some miracle, I fell asleep before doing anything to my hair! I had done a protein treatment and fully rinsed it out, but other than that it was untouched. Apparently I'm more curly than I thought I was.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/transitbum/Hair/24sep2011.jpg

Rocket22
October 4th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Oh that for sure is not a 1c 2a I would say by pictures more a 2b/2c So pretty love your curls

Cowgirl16
October 4th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Oh that for sure is not a 1c 2a I would say by pictures more a 2b/2c

I agree :) and your curls are pretty! :D

spidermom
October 4th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Oh wow; very pretty. Definitely a 2-type, probably 2B.

lapushka
October 4th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Going for 2b also.

MissManda
October 4th, 2011, 11:32 AM
I vote for 2b. :flower:

einna
October 4th, 2011, 01:08 PM
I`m thinking 2a/2b. But I am still new at this.

teal
October 4th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Thanks, everyone! :flowers:

Do you think that it would be 2b even if not consistent? Some pieces are more straight. Also, my hair tends to weigh itself down through the day, so the bottom half would stay about the same but the top half would be a bit straighter.

ETA: Mind you if I put product in I can get ringlets.

Rocket22
October 4th, 2011, 01:23 PM
humm I thought I saw ringlets in there already? That would be the 2c... I'm a 2a/2b but if I brush out my hair or even comb it I swear it turns into a 1b or something pretty straight :)

StephanieB
October 4th, 2011, 01:26 PM
2B --------

StephanieB
October 4th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Do you think that it would be 2b even if not consistent? Some pieces are more straight. Also, my hair tends to weigh itself down through the day, so the bottom half would stay about the same but the top half would be a bit straighter.

ETA: Mind you if I put product in I can get ringlets.
I still think it 2B, because you don't have natural ringlets without the use of product(s). :)

Beautiful hair, btw!

teal
October 4th, 2011, 02:34 PM
Thanks again, everyone! I've updated to 2B.

humm I thought I saw ringlets in there already? That would be the 2c... I'm a 2a/2b but if I brush out my hair or even comb it I swear it turns into a 1b or something pretty straight :)

There are some ringlets but only at the very bottom. Wet ringlets in most of my hair dry to s-waves if I don't use product to make them stay put.

And yes, my hair when brushed goes to 1c/2a. I think that was the real problem before... that I couldn't keep my mitts off it while it dried! :eek:

Rocket22
October 4th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Thanks again, everyone! I've updated to 2B.

There are some ringlets but only at the very bottom. Wet ringlets in most of my hair dry to s-waves if I don't use product to make them stay put.

And yes, my hair when brushed goes to 1c/2a. I think that was the real problem before... that I couldn't keep my mitts off it while it dried! :eek:

Oh am I with you on this one!!! heck I didn't even know I had wavy hair until I let it air-dry. And frankly if it weren't for the pictures (untouched air dried hair- proof) you would never know I was even in the 2 category. :)

jojo
October 4th, 2011, 02:54 PM

same here!

jaine
October 4th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Hmm...I would have said 2a, but my hair typing opinion always seems to fall one type below everyone else's for some reason. I might just be a 3a in denial who likes to call myself 2c. :)

Rocket22
October 4th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Hmm...I would have said 2a, but my hair typing opinion always seems to fall one type below everyone else's for some reason. I might just be a 3a in denial who likes to call myself 2c. :)

Well of course I had to go check and yup I would type you 3a hahaha

The straight ones
1a - stick straight
1b - straight but with a slight body wave, just enough to add some volume, doesn't look wavy
1c - straight with body wave and one or two visible S-waves (e.g. nape of neck or temples)

The wavy ones
2a - loose, stretched out S-waves throughout the hair
2b - shorter, more distinct S-waves (similar to waves from braiding damp hair)
2c - distinct S-waves and the odd spiral curl forming here and there

The curly ones
3a - big, loose spiral curls
3b - bouncy ringlets
3c - tight corkscrews

The really curly ones
4a - tightly coiled S-curls
4b - tightly coiled hair bending in sharp angles (Z-pattern)

Anje
October 4th, 2011, 03:23 PM
I'd call it 2b. And I don't think hair is ever consistent in the 2s and 3s.

xoxophelia
October 4th, 2011, 03:37 PM
I agree about the 2b estimates. The photo is a bit dark though. You could be 2c.

Orangerthanred
October 4th, 2011, 04:25 PM
I'd say your hair is 1c. 2a or b would be a bit wavier.

Yozhik
October 4th, 2011, 06:01 PM
You're definitely in the 2s, especially with your hair being as long as it is and still retaining curl (a lot of mine fell out around waist length). :)

I'd go with 2b.

aahavaa
October 4th, 2011, 07:37 PM
oooh the back of your head looks like mine.It's a bit too dark to see if you have spirals.I go for 2b and 2c if theyre spiralling.