PDA

View Full Version : Dry scalp and roots with CWC

Vallena
October 4th, 2011, 09:09 AM
I started CWCing about 3 weeks ago and though my hair is more moisturized in general, my scalp and roots are still dry. My length is quite happy, though. I tried CO in the past, and it just made my scalp look/feel dirtier faster, but didn't stop it from being so dry.

I was trying to figure out if I should try swapping to a shampoo bar or start oiling my hair first. I tried looking around town for some coconut oil, but the only ones I could find here had mineral oil as the main ingredient, which makes my skin break out. :mad: But, from my understanding, oil isn't meant to sit on the scalp unless it is a pre-wash treatment anyways. So I thought, maybe I should look at a more gentle way to wash, especially since I would like to try to use more natural products anyways. I hear such lovely things about CV shampoo bars from the ladies (and gents) here!

Suggestions on which I should try first? Or am I looking at this the wrong way entirely?

krissykins
October 4th, 2011, 10:07 AM
I say give shampoo bars or even a sulfate-free shampoo. And maybe in the future giving CO another shot... :whistle:

Vallena
October 4th, 2011, 12:42 PM
I say give shampoo bars or even a sulfate-free shampoo. And maybe in the future giving CO another shot... :whistle:

Maybe one day in the future, after I've forgotten why it upset me! If I do, I will definitely use a different conditioner.