PDA

View Full Version : I have discovered something about my frizz!

Gilly
October 4th, 2011, 02:22 AM
I have just got back from my archery tournament and we stayed in a hotel, I forgot my microfiber hair towel so I just did a quick blot with a bath towel and left it, normally I would wrap it in the microfiber towel and leave it on while I did my teeth etc.
I was really surprised that after just blotting a bit (so it was not dripping) and leaving it uncovered, I had a great hair day!!
I did gently blow dry it but it looked amazing all day!:cheese:
Just thought I would share!!

luxepiggy
October 4th, 2011, 02:30 AM
Interesting! So keeping it wrapped causes more frizz?

Gilly
October 4th, 2011, 02:32 AM
Interesting! So keeping it wrapped causes more frizz?
For me it does!:rolleyes:
I had never even thought of it before but it was only because I could not do it the usual way that I discovered it!

ccmso12
October 4th, 2011, 04:10 AM
Also the hotels have water softeners . . .so if you have hard water at your house tat could also contribute to the 'frizz'

Gilly
October 4th, 2011, 04:21 AM
I don't think the hotel had a water softener, it was only a cheap place!! Besides we have stayed there lots of times before and I always had my microfiber towel with me, this was the first time I had forgotten it!
I am going to just blot a bit tomorrow and will see what happens!:cheese:

MinderMutsig
October 4th, 2011, 05:14 AM
Interesting! So keeping it wrapped causes more frizz? For me it depends on the type of towel. Regular microfiber is slightly better than terrycloth but not by much. T-shirts work a lot better.

Then there are also smooth microfiber towels on the market which do not cause a problem whatsoever for me. Usually they are marketed as towels for curlies or hiking/travel towels. They are soft, dry very fast and do not cause frizz no matter how long you leave them on.

Gilly
October 5th, 2011, 12:41 AM
I have thrown out my microfiber wrap towels!!:cheese:
I shampooed and conditioned my hair exactly as I did in the hotel, smoothed my hands over my whole head once to get some of the water out, I put my normal bath towel on my head and just gave it a light pat, again just as in the hotel, I then just ran a wide tooth comb through it. I left it alone while I did my other stuff then blow dried it gently and I have no frizz, my hair is way more curly than it has been in ages!
I think the towels were taking way too much moisture out and my poor hair could not cope with it!
The difference is like night and day, I am amazed!!:cheese::cheese: