PDA

View Full Version : Cut my hair, but almost didn't. (pic heavy)

UltraBella
October 3rd, 2011, 10:02 PM
ETA: although I shared the circumstances behind my almost cancelled appointment, please feel free to just focus on the hair. I want this thread to be enjoyable for everyone, not depressing !

I had my hair cut this afternoon. I almost cancelled my appointment. Not because I change my mind, but because I had been having an incredibly terrible day. I didn't want to cut it while in the worst mood ever - but I didn't want to cancel on my stylist, it would really mess up her schedule. So, I decided to use the opportunity as a distraction and just try to calm down -not the easiest with scissors next to your head ! Thankfully she is wonderful and pampered me, massaged my head, let me vent, etc.

I really love my cut. She did a great job. Brace yourselves : It was all done with a razor ! I love razor cuts. I decided to not go for the bangs and try it out like this, first. I can always cut bangs later. I did not refresh my roots at all but I am going to before the 21st, which is the date of the wedding I am in.

I will be honest, as much as I love how she cuts my hair, I dislike the stuff she puts in it. It makes my hair feel all slippery and it lies very flat, which is just not how I am used to my hair. Normally I would say no, but I was totally not thinking. Easy fix, it washes out, so no harm done.

I was going to curl it differently so it flips out like the pic I shared in the other thread, so you all could see how close it is to that cut, but I just don't have the energy. My cousin took his own life early Sunday morning and I just feel......wiped out. Beyond emotionally wiped out.

I know it might seem weird to be posting about my hair when my family just suffered a tragedy, but I think that is part of the reason I am. I just need something normal and LHC is normal for me. It's not that I am vain or I think my hair is important right now, but, it's one of the few things that I can distract myself with. So, here's some pics :

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/d019c964.jpg

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/fb283a4a.jpg

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/f49cebea.jpg

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/b92db60c.jpg

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/d8616f2a.jpg

ebba
October 3rd, 2011, 10:06 PM
looks great!

Aimskylove
October 3rd, 2011, 10:06 PM
I love it. The cut looks beautiful on you! Sorry for your bad day and for your family. Hope it gets better!

SoulOfTheSea
October 3rd, 2011, 10:08 PM
UltraBella- I am so sorry to hear about your loss, my heart and prayers go out to you and your family. :blossom:

I must say, layers work really well for you, and this cut is full of them, it looks amazing on you and frames your face perfectly! :) I think you made a great decision to stick with your appointment and go. Not only did you end up with great hair, but you were able to deal with all the emotional stress you are going through in a totally positive way, and I praise you for that. I hope all goes well, and that your cousin's name will never be forgotten. Rest in peace. :grouphug:

skraprchik
October 3rd, 2011, 10:09 PM
Beautiful cut! I'm so sorry for your loss.

hellopanpan
October 3rd, 2011, 10:11 PM
I am so deeply sorry for your loss! I also had a cousin who took his own life, so I can understand your immense heart attack. My best wishes go out to you and your family in this time.

But your hair, my dear, is beaaauuutiiffuuulllll! I wish MY hair would look half as nice as that :( Do you curl it to get it to look like that? If not, that's amazing! And even if you do, it's still amazing! My hair always looks like a tangled mess by the end of the day when I curl :(

UltraBella
October 3rd, 2011, 10:18 PM
I am so deeply sorry for your loss! I also had a cousin who took his own life, so I can understand your immense heart attack. My best wishes go out to you and your family in this time.

But your hair, my dear, is beaaauuutiiffuuulllll! I wish MY hair would look half as nice as that :( Do you curl it to get it to look like that? If not, that's amazing! And even if you do, it's still amazing! My hair always looks like a tangled mess by the end of the day when I curl :(

It was curled at the salon. I normally wear it curled, but by either a bun slept in overnight or my Caruso Mollecular Hairsetter. It's my very favorite. My natural texture is wavy/wurly/frizz.

ETA : here is one more pic, it shows the length of my shortest layers well.

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/3d28b30f.jpg

KwaveT
October 3rd, 2011, 10:19 PM
Your cut looks super. Sorry about your loss. No time is good time for family death. Toughest timing for death in my family was having to bury my grandfather on Christmas Eve, the day before his birthday.

kidari
October 3rd, 2011, 10:28 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. That's beyond horrible. It's good that you kept the appointment as it serves as a positive distraction and even better that you didn't do a drastic change. Your hair looks amazing- you're lucky to have such a fantastic stylist.

UltraBella
October 3rd, 2011, 10:30 PM
By the way, my daughter says my camera is awful and that my hair color looks like the pic from the back IRL. Almost blonde. She is insisting that the other pics are misleading. Since she is 15 - she knows everything - so it must be true ;)

Helix
October 3rd, 2011, 10:33 PM
You and your hair are just gaaawwjus dahling!

Sorry for your loss in the family, (I can relate to wanting to find something to distract you from the situation. It does help some). Sending positive vibes and well wishes your way.

gypsymoth
October 3rd, 2011, 10:35 PM
Gosh, it's so gorgeous!! The cut looks great! Not meaning to be creepy, but whenever I see your hair in the forums I have to stop scrolling and just gawk. :o My mum walked by and went "WOW" and I just said "I know!" You are so beautiful, on the outside, and from what I can tell, on the inside too, UltraBella!

AnAudLife
October 3rd, 2011, 10:49 PM
I think your hair is beautiful. As much as I adore my curls, I'd love the option every now and then to wear my hair like yours but that will never happen, it just doesn't work with my hair.

I'm sorry for your loss...you should be doing everything and anything as a distraction...nothing wrong with that!

Masara
October 3rd, 2011, 10:52 PM
I was wondering why I always, always check out your photos and it suddenly hit me. You have the hair I dreamt of having when I was a teen. (now I've grown up and I know it's not going to happen!)

I love the smooth curls and the volume. But then your hair always looks great.

hellopanpan
October 3rd, 2011, 10:55 PM
I realize that the comment I left earlier said " I can understand your immense heart attack." ....wow. I'm sorry -___- this is what happens when you do homework and go on LHC at the same time :) But anyway, your hair is so beautiful! it's exactly how I want my hair to be, long but with lots of layers and volume. I love layers! But my hair is finally APL and I'm too scared to cut layers into it.

mora
October 3rd, 2011, 10:59 PM
What a fantastic cut! It goes so well with your hair. And if hair can be as great as yours always seems to be with razor cuts, it makes me less scared to have a razor cut again.

Cowgirl16
October 3rd, 2011, 11:17 PM
I love the new cut :D your hair is always beautiful.

I am so sorry for your loss.

2peasinapod
October 3rd, 2011, 11:21 PM
I am very sorry for your loss. :(

Your hair looks amazing, though! It really flatters your face, and the color and texture are perfect for you!

UltraBella
October 3rd, 2011, 11:34 PM
I seem to have some photos missing. I went to my photobucket account and I can see them but when I click on them they disappear. Very weird. Sorry for the technical difficulties !! No clue what's up with that !

ETA : FIXED IT !! Hope it stays that way !!

ericthegreat
October 3rd, 2011, 11:35 PM
I'm tremendously sorry to hear about your cousin. I can see that right now you actually don't want to talk about what happened, as people grieve in different ways, and right now you only want to deal with what happened privately. Nonetheless, I just want to tell you I care about you.

Your new layers are beautifully cut. Also, I love all the different shades of both copper red and blonde highlights woven all over.

Cice
October 3rd, 2011, 11:47 PM
I am also really sorry for your loss. Your hair looks beautiful!!

heartgoesboom
October 3rd, 2011, 11:49 PM
your hair still looks waist length! i don't think you need the bangs, the shortest layer works.

C.H.
October 3rd, 2011, 11:57 PM
It turned out great, Ultrabella. Looks really beautiful. I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks when you curl it to show that outward flip! And hey, you distract yourself as much as you need to with whatever gives you some comfort.

Hamh
October 4th, 2011, 12:11 AM
Don't apologise for seeking normality, it's what preserves our own mental health in times of high stress. Take care of yourself and your family x

Oh, and your hair is my favorite within the community. If I ever figure out how to get curls like you with no heat I would be one happy lady, it looks absolutely beautiful.

Alex Lou
October 4th, 2011, 12:20 AM
Wow, it looks better on you than it did on the model that you saw the haircut on.

wooliswonderful
October 4th, 2011, 12:27 AM
I thought your previous pics were the prettiest layers I'd ever seen. You look even more stunning now! They suit you and your hair so well.
:grouphug:

UltraBella
October 4th, 2011, 12:34 AM
Don't apologise for seeking normality, it's what preserves our own mental health in times of high stress. Take care of yourself and your family x

Oh, and your hair is my favorite within the community. If I ever figure out how to get curls like you with no heat I would be one happy lady, it looks absolutely beautiful.

Caruso Mollecular Hairsetter. Safe, warm heat. Moisturizing. Wonderful. LHC approved. Why don't you have one ?!?!?

Lucky
October 4th, 2011, 01:16 AM
Your hair looks beautiful, your hair stylist did a wonderful job!

I'm very sorry for your and your family's loss, suicide is so awful, I've unfortunately had to deal with it too.

Take good care :flowers:

WinterButterfly
October 4th, 2011, 01:47 AM
You pull off layers in a way I would never be able to. (They only make the bottom poof out without giving me any volume at the top) and hair is comforting. It is like a soft warm blanket when you need a moment of comfort. Doing something normal is a good thing. It gives our eyes time to rest from all the extra work they do when we grieve. I hope you feel better soon.

Hamh
October 4th, 2011, 01:52 AM
Caruso Mollecular Hairsetter. Safe, warm heat. Moisturizing. Wonderful. LHC approved. Why don't you have one ?!?!?

This is now what I ask myself!!! Think I have found my Christmas present for this year, thanks for the tip :D

Kathie
October 4th, 2011, 01:52 AM
Oh! I like it :D

theodora
October 4th, 2011, 01:55 AM
Now that's what I call good layers! The haircut is absolutely gorgeous, and the layers make your hair look so light and bouncy.

I'm very sorry for your loss and I hope you can find comfort in your family and friends in such a hard time.

alwayssmiling
October 4th, 2011, 01:58 AM
Such a nice cut and the tumbling curls are amazing. I need to see pictures like this to keep me growing! Thanks for sharing.

bratz81
October 4th, 2011, 02:04 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss, my cousin also took her own life a few years ago so I understand what you're going through.

Your hair is AMAZING! I'm super jealous :) it's so shiny and lucious and the layers really suit you. Only problem is now you've tempted me onto Amazon looking for your curling set!

ssjhotau2
October 4th, 2011, 02:15 AM
Dear God your hair and you are absolutely gorgeous!!!
Simply stunning

pepperminttea
October 4th, 2011, 02:54 AM
I'm sorry about your family's loss. :grouphug:

alyanna
October 4th, 2011, 03:03 AM
This kind of cut was made for hair like yours! You look amazing as usual UltraBella.

I'm so sorry for your loss :hugs:

pepperpot
October 4th, 2011, 03:31 AM
I love your new haircut, it really suits you.

I can totally understand you needing to distract yourself. Sorry for your loss.

celebriangel
October 4th, 2011, 03:48 AM
Oh my goodness, Ultrabella, that is utterly beautiful!

My current goal is to see how long I can get my hair, but I can definitely see myself going for a similar cut to your current one in the future!

How much work and upkeep is it, and how do you style it?

katienoonan
October 4th, 2011, 04:04 AM
You look beautiful and the cut is perfect, I am so sorry for your loss and I really hope things get a little easier for you and your family in the coming weeks.

Sweetie
October 4th, 2011, 04:16 AM
I'm so deeply sorry for your loss - I hope it gets better for you and your family...

No doubt your hair is super - this cut suits you very well.

mom2fourgirls
October 4th, 2011, 04:51 AM
gorgeous gorgeous hair :) and I am sorry about your loss :(

newbeginning
October 4th, 2011, 05:44 AM
The hair cut looks great. I am sorry for your loss.

cheetahfast
October 4th, 2011, 06:04 AM
Your hair looks amazing! WOW! :thudpile: And your skin looks so smooth.

Unzadi
October 4th, 2011, 06:15 AM
Ultrabella, I'm very sorry for your loss. Also proud of you for taking some time for yourself in this difficult time. Seeking normalcy and taking care of yourself is important. Hair looks gorgeous, too. You're making me want to get my Caruso out of mothballs.

redmj
October 4th, 2011, 06:17 AM
Oh hun, I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin. I understand the need for "normalicy" even if it seems vain to others. Here we know you're not vain (even if there is major reason to be so) and that this, for you, is normal. Let us help you be normal. ;-)

Also, the cut is amazing. I love the way your hair curls and how much body you have. Total jealousy going on here, and in a totaly normal kinda way.

spidermom
October 4th, 2011, 06:24 AM
I like the cut on you a lot better than I liked the picture you posted before the cut. I guess you can't go wrong with your hair. Well, you probably could, but you didn't. You look beautiful.

I'm so sorry for you loss.

Ginny Mae
October 4th, 2011, 06:32 AM
I hope you're ok. I love seeing your hair photos and this one is no different, it's been really nicely cut. And I'm now considering nagging my boyfriend for some steam rollers! My hair is really wurly naturally so they'd probably work on me...

annieangel149
October 4th, 2011, 06:36 AM
By the way, my daughter says my camera is awful and that my hair color looks like the pic from the back IRL. Almost blonde. She is insisting that the other pics are misleading. Since she is 15 - she knows everything - so it must be true ;)

lol! :D tell me about it! my son is also 15 and yes! he knows everything too! He is so argumentative lately! and he is doing my head in!! :rolleyes:

as for your hair! absolutely beautiful!! :cheese:

Safira
October 4th, 2011, 06:41 AM
I´m sorry for you lost :grouphug:

And your hair looks amazing, you have so beautiful hair =)

UltraBella
October 4th, 2011, 06:48 AM
How much work and upkeep is it, and how do you style it?

Well, for daily life I will wear it the exact same way I was, up in a bun. I can just barely do my normal bun -whew ! The bun curls my hair, so when I take it out I can just finger come it and be on my way. When I really want it to look nice, I will put 12 large Caruso rollers in it and let them sit for 20 minutes. That gives me the exact look I have going on in the pics - actually - the Caruso makes even better curls for me. It's quick and easy. So, really it's not much different than what I already was doing, but this way it looks better down. Without the layers it just looked like thick, heavy hair. The layers take off so much weight, my head feels so light !

Your hair looks amazing! WOW! :thudpile: And your skin looks so smooth.

My skin is doing so well - I used to have acne issues - and it has really never looked better than it does now. However, some of it is an optical illusion ! Being a makeup artist, I have some nifty toys ;)
If you go back and look at the pics, you might notice the "end of the day" shine on my chin, nose and forehead. I am an oil slick ! The upside, I will never get wrinkles ! (I am 35.)

CastaDiva
October 4th, 2011, 06:50 AM
Your hair looks wonderful!

starlamelissa
October 4th, 2011, 07:50 AM
How pretty you are ultrabella.

Trish in SC
October 4th, 2011, 08:03 AM
Your hair looks beyond wonderful. I wasn't so sure I would like the new cut, but it came out great! I'm so totally envious. How long did it take you to grow all this hair? I guess there is hope for me (and all the others here). I don't think you need the bangs, though. This cut has enough personality and movement, and I just think bangs would distract from that somehow. Anyhow, Congrats on a great new style!

PS ~ Can we see what it looks like in other styles, like your everyday bun? Maybe that's all in your portfolio? I may have to wait longer to have access to that; I'm a newbie still.

I know you told us to just focus on your hair, but .... I also want to offer my sympathies on the loss of your cousin. May God enfold you in His comfort today, and in the days ahead strengthen you & your family.
Take care, Trish

lapushka
October 4th, 2011, 08:08 AM
It's absolutely amazing! I love the layering! :thumbsup:

kamikaze hair
October 4th, 2011, 08:17 AM
damn, UltraBella, I want to look like YOU when i'm 35!! :D you so do not look your age!

Your hair looks absolutely incredible, its so lovely. I wish my hair looked like that all the time. It only rarely looks that nice. Mine only does that when i'm at home, sick, when i'm not going to work, or uni, or to see friends, or even to the shops to by bananas or kleenex or anything. (go figure!)

I'm sorry for your loss :grouphug:

PinkyCat
October 4th, 2011, 08:19 AM
You are the epitome of what makes little girls want to be a fairy princess! You are one! :crush:

So sorry for your loss. The Lord heals hearts.

Debra83
October 4th, 2011, 08:51 AM
So sorry about your cousin.

As usual, you look beautiful!

Rocket22
October 4th, 2011, 09:04 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. :grouphug:

Your hair is amazing! you have hair that I think looks absolutely perfect layered. I love how the layers make the hair bounce and flow. Just perfect.

Also agree your skin looks fantastic! being someone that has struggled with their skin, that is my other obsession :)

Alaia
October 4th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Your hair looks wonderful.

:grouphug:

AlannaMaria
October 4th, 2011, 09:27 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your loss. : ( The cut looks amazing!

embee
October 4th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Yes, that cut was designed with hair like yours in mind. :) I like it on you better than in your sample pic showing the cut.

Sympathy on the death of your cousin. Suicide's awfully hard to deal with and guilt feelings come naturally. May you be spared!

Shona
October 4th, 2011, 09:34 AM
You have the most amazing hair i have EVER seen! waw!

honeyblonde
October 4th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Sorry for your loss. :blossom:

Honestly....I knew the cut would look beautiful on you! Somehow it has made you even MORE beautiful......amazing!

melmmo
October 4th, 2011, 09:50 AM
Your hair is so gorgeous, and the cut looks amazing.

princessp
October 4th, 2011, 09:53 AM
How terribly sad, so sorry for your loss UB. Your hair looks beautiful.

brunette
October 4th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Your hair looks fab!
I don't think I will be popular saying this, but the strain of the past week is definitely showing in your face, compared with your usual pics. Particularly around your eyes.
Please take more time for yourself, maybe get a massage to relax with your husband and an early night. I'm so sorry for your loss :grouphug:

luluj
October 4th, 2011, 10:12 AM
Your new cut is so lovely, UltraBella.:blossom:

Oksana
October 4th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Sorry for your loss, my thoughts are with you and your family :blossom:

Your hair looks gorgeous... it always does ::I'm Jealous:: !

vanity_acefake
October 4th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Your hair looks gorgeous. So do you.
I am so so sorry to hear of your loss. Sending healing thoughts to you and your family.

UltraBella
October 4th, 2011, 10:29 AM
I don't think I will be popular saying this, but the strain of the past week is definitely showing in your face, compared with your usual pics. Particularly around your eyes.

Yes, that tends to happen when a heck of a lot of crying goes on. I am actually surprised I don't look worse.

Cassie 123
October 4th, 2011, 10:31 AM
The layers and the curls really work together to create that wow factor. Gorgeous!

irishlady
October 4th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Your hair is so pretty and so are you! I think this cut really suits you, it looks great.

I'm sorry that things haven't been easy for you lately, I can identify, and I too find LHC to be a great escape from all that. Hugs to you!

NotInPortland
October 4th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Your hair is just stunning, I absolutely love it. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, take care :blossom:

einna
October 4th, 2011, 01:26 PM
That looks so amazing! your hair always looks great, and I think this cut really does it justice. I am glad that you posted these pictures, because it is always important to appreciate the small good things in our lives.

StephanieB
October 4th, 2011, 01:35 PM
[B]
I know it might seem weird to be posting about my hair when my family just suffered a tragedy, but I think that is part of the reason I am. I just need something normal and LHC is normal for me. It's not that I am vain or I think my hair is important right now, but, it's one of the few things that I can distract myself with.
I don't know what happened to your family, but I hope life gets better for you all soon. I will say prayers for you and yours.

As far as seeming vain or callous, posting about your hair after some major family problem ... don't feel the slightest guilt!
For one thing, life moves on, no matter what happens. And for another, this might be necessary for you to deal with whatever is going on in due time for your brain to assimilate things.

No guilt!

And you look beautiful, as always. (green-eyed envy peeking out just a bit before I smash it away)

dragonmyst
October 4th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Ultrabella your hair is just gorgeous.

I am so sorry for you and your family in this difficult time. You'll be in my thoughts & prayers. Seeking out "normal"in time of tragedy is normal and there is nothing wrong with it. Hang in there.

Clem_Dela
October 4th, 2011, 01:43 PM
you and your hair are so beautiful! hope your family recovers soon. :( :blossom:

AndreaPetrea
October 4th, 2011, 01:51 PM
I am sorry for your loss and no, it doesn't seem weird that you are posting about your hair.

Um... Lie flat? Your hair is absolutely gorgeous, and if you think that is flat you should see mine :D

invisiblebabe
October 4th, 2011, 02:09 PM
You look great! I love the cut on you, and the length is still a lot longer than I expected it to be! I have oily skin too, good to know it at least fights wrinkles later on ;)

Praying for you and your family.

archel
October 4th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Ultrabella I am just so sorry to hear about your tragic loss. I know that when I deal with a death in the family the only thing that keeps me sane is to do some "normal" things to try and keep myself grounded. So, I'm glad you went.

That being said, WOW that cut is perfect for you. Your hair is so thick and bouncy that you just work those layers. It's just incredible - you look wonderful, although I see some sadness in your eyes.

Sending love to you and your family,
Rachel

Fencai
October 4th, 2011, 02:22 PM
my condolences on your loss.

but holy incredibly pretty!! WOW! you and the cut look amazing!

jojo
October 4th, 2011, 02:35 PM
its Wonderful, i so love your hair and wish my hair was a lot thicker to copy this!

SusanSt
October 4th, 2011, 03:36 PM
UltraBella, my heart goes out to you as you mourn your cousin's death. I think suicide is especially hard to deal with...my father took his own life.
On a more positive note, your hair looks beautiful. When I saw the title for your thread, I thought "Oh no, she didn't!" Your hair was so pretty and I was afraid you'd gone quite a bit shorter. However, when I saw the pictures I was relieved and impressed! It looks so good on you!

pennyroyal
October 4th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Your hair looks amazing! i am sorry about your loss tho.

MrsGuther
October 4th, 2011, 04:55 PM
I love that haircut on you! Looks gorgeous!

rowie
October 4th, 2011, 07:04 PM
Absolutely gorgeous! I'm so envious of the volume of your hair! I'm also a wavy, but it takes me some time to build the kind of volume you have, you're so lucky! You definitely have a flattering look and thanks for sharing your style. It makes me proud to have wavy hair, and to have someone like you showcase the beauty and possibilities we wavy haired peeps can achieve.

I'm sending you and your family some positive energies right now, and I hope you guys receive some good loving warmth.

utdesertrunner
October 4th, 2011, 08:10 PM
You have my dream hair! The cut looks fantastic on you. I am sorry about your loss also.

UltraBella
October 4th, 2011, 10:52 PM
Thank you, everyone ! I appreciate it.

longhairedlady
October 4th, 2011, 11:02 PM
Your hair is GORGEOUS!! Now see, you have the type of hair when I see, it makes me want to go get all those gorgeous layers but it never turns out like that! You have just absolutely breath taking hair!

Kome
October 4th, 2011, 11:02 PM
You just have perfect hair in my opinion. I don't think anything you do with it could look bad.

UltraBella
October 5th, 2011, 12:07 AM
You just have perfect hair in my opinion. I don't think anything you do with it could look bad.

My stylist deserves all the credit, she really did cut it perfectly. She is super talented and I appreciate her so much.

C.H.
October 5th, 2011, 12:11 AM
My stylist deserves all the credit, she really did cut it perfectly. She is super talented and I appreciate her so much.

I imagine you'd be an expert at finding a great stylist. :)

UltraBella
October 5th, 2011, 12:15 AM
I imagine you'd be an expert at finding a great stylist. :)

Lol, I do have a great bunch to chose from.
The only issue is : sometimes I wonder if the other stylists are bothered that I always have M cut my hair. As the salon owner, I don't want to seem like I am playing favorites. But, she is the only one who has cut my hair and I have no desire to change that.

C.H.
October 5th, 2011, 12:56 AM
Lol, I do have a great bunch to chose from.
The only issue is : sometimes I wonder if the other stylists are bothered that I always have M cut my hair. As the salon owner, I don't want to seem like I am playing favorites. But, she is the only one who has cut my hair and I have no desire to change that.

I'm sure they notice--I would. But oh, well. Everyone deserves to build a long-standing relationship with a stylist they trust...even salon owners.

ETA: I actually think it would be more insulting if you'd actually given someone else the chance to cut your hair...and then never let them do it again.

Patrice
October 5th, 2011, 01:28 AM
I'm very sorry about your loss, but I very much love those beautiful waves you have.

brunette
October 5th, 2011, 03:07 AM
Yes, that tends to happen when a heck of a lot of crying goes on.
Exactly. No need to be on the defensive, in the rest of my comment (which you did not quote) I was trying to voice my concern. I hope something close to normality returns soon and your grief fades. :grouphug:

tgagurl27
October 5th, 2011, 03:17 AM
your hair is looking stunning... I'm sorry also to hear about your loss and I understand what you mean about lhc it helps distract your mind its quite therapeutic really..:) you have all our love here at lhc

LocustSpawning
October 5th, 2011, 05:24 AM
You are just absolutely beautiful! x

AcornMystic
October 5th, 2011, 06:31 AM
I'm sorry for your loss. I had a cousin who also took his own life. The hardest part was that he apparently pleaded for help because he knew something was going on in his head... but people in his life didn't grasp the severity of the situation, not even the hospital that he begged to stay at.

Very nice hair. It's a good thing you went, it looks gorgeous.

UltraBella
October 5th, 2011, 08:16 AM
Thanks, everyone. For the support, sweet words and compliments about my hair. I appreciate them all.

GRU
October 5th, 2011, 08:32 AM
I just need something normal and LHC is normal for me.

That right there is the scariest thing of all.... this place is NORMAL? :blueeek:

;)

As someone else has already said more elegantly than I, your hair + layers = awesomesauce!

The way the soft waves flow around your face and down your back has always been my dream hair and I am totally jealous... if I didn't like you so darned much, I'd have to hate you a bit just on principle alone!

Tea Lady
October 5th, 2011, 09:10 AM
You look lovely UltraBella. I'll keep you in my prayers regarding the difficult time you are going through.

Tea Lady

Jules diamond
October 5th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Gorgeous. Your color is shiny, too. Do you take any vitamins?

Ligeia_13
October 5th, 2011, 01:06 PM
I think your hair was made for layers :D

Tealpuffin
October 5th, 2011, 01:32 PM
I always admire your hair! It is so stunning! It reminds me so much of my friends hair! So so jealous <3

Quetiepi
October 5th, 2011, 01:37 PM
I am very sorry to hear of your loss. I hope you & your family find some peace. Love, Quetiepi

jeanniet
October 5th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Your hair looks fabulous, UltraBella. I really think this shorter length suits you!

Syrena
October 5th, 2011, 01:46 PM
It looks great! I love how these large waves soften your face and give your hair volume! I am so sorry to hear about your cousin!I wish you feel strength!

GRU
October 5th, 2011, 01:48 PM
I think your hair was made for layers :D

Correction, I think that layers were made for her hair! :lol:

emelnd
October 5th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Ultrabella, your hair looks great!

Sorry for your loss... I had a friend who took his own life. It is very hard to understand.

infinity_girl
October 5th, 2011, 01:57 PM
It looks lovely, full of volume and really suits you. I'm sorry to hear about your cousin. What horrible news for you.

sharicat
October 6th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Your hair is amazing :) So sorry to hear about your cousin. *hugs*

bluesnowflake
October 6th, 2011, 03:21 PM
It looks great! I'm glad you're happy with it. I'm so sorry about your cousin. I can't imagine what you must be going through. Hugs and prayers from LHC!

Lisa R
October 23rd, 2011, 05:21 PM
I've been away for three weeks and the first thing I've done since getting back is to check out your new hair cut. It looks fantastic. You look gorgeous.

I'm so sorry to hear about your cousins death. What a shock for the whole family. I pray that you and your family will find comfort and support with each other.

Lostsoule77
October 23rd, 2011, 05:46 PM
OMG UB I am so sorry! I hope you are ok and your grief is a tad better now that a very little time has gone by. I know it is so hard, but am glad that you realize that you need some normalcy to get you through.

I didn't see this thread first time around because I often don't have time to check the site during the week.

Did you get a haircut? I can't tell because all I see everytime you post your hair is blinding beauty shining out of my computer! Seriously though, the cut looks amazing. Like others I think there is very little you could do that would make you look bad. Even your brushed out photos look great. You are blessed. :bowtome:

Doxieee
October 23rd, 2011, 06:11 PM
Wow! Your hair looks amazing, I'm quite envious! My condolences to you and your family.

Inching Along
October 26th, 2011, 07:29 PM
I am amazed by your hair. It is so beautiful and healthy and bouncy, and a great color, too, both the true color (as underscored by your daughter) and the untrue color. :)

My sympathies to you and your family during this difficult time. Please take care of yourself; I know that grief can be sneaky and crop up at the strangest times. Hugs to you!

ange1ito
October 26th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Daughters are always right...mini scream, but i'm glad you said that, as that's my fav colour from the pics. Sorry to hear about your loss.

Lici1209
November 5th, 2011, 04:31 PM
I'm sorry about your cousin :'( That happened in my family about four years ago.

Your hair is ASTONISHINGLY gorgeous! HAIR ENVY!