PDA

View Full Version : You know you're an LHC-er if...

Pages : [1] 2

ilovelonghair
October 3rd, 2011, 09:41 AM
I tried to link something and it doesn't work.

Maybe delete this thread. Or turn it into something else, although we have a thread with this name.

ilovelonghair
October 3rd, 2011, 09:44 AM
deleted, didn't make sense anymore!

redmj
October 3rd, 2011, 09:46 AM
When you notice someone's new "do" and think "Man, does she realize how much she damaged her hair to create it.

teal
October 3rd, 2011, 11:54 AM
Resurrection! :taz:

.... when you watch a commercial for hair product and cringe at the condition of the model's hair...

Night_Kitten
October 3rd, 2011, 12:26 PM
When you accidentally hit your head hard against a shelf resulting in a bruise, and the first thing you think is "well, maybe it will increase sirculation and I'll have more growth"... :o

MissAlyssa
October 3rd, 2011, 03:32 PM
When you spend most of your time in math class trying to check out the condition of a girl's hip length across the room...

isabelx
October 3rd, 2011, 03:56 PM
When during a whole half an hour bus journey you find yourself analysing everyones hair that gets on the bus :D 'I love her natural wave but it seems as though she could do with half an inch off...'

redmj
October 3rd, 2011, 04:53 PM
Oh its so nice to know I'm not the only one. I catch myself analysing other people and their hair, in the middle of church too. That's why I sit in the front. ;-D

YepLilly
October 3rd, 2011, 06:01 PM
When you look at random people and say to yourself, over here I think we have a 2a/2b, but over there, that's definitely a 3b! :p

KwaveT
October 3rd, 2011, 06:55 PM
A couple of our cashiers at work have at least midback length hair or longer. I am always looking to catch them with their hair down. The first one doesn't do it very often. She just about always buns her hair. She's a light blonde. The other almost always either ponytails or wears her hair down. She has medium brown hair. I use to never pay this much attention to hair. I can blame this forum for that.:D

When you accidentally hit your head hard against a shelf resulting in a bruise, and the first thing you think is "well, maybe it will increase sirculation and I'll have more growth"... :o

That could work the other way too. The said bump may potentially damage your follicles especially if you do it against a semi-sharp suface.;) I know I am hair obsessed now.

MaryRose
October 3rd, 2011, 07:21 PM
I catch myself checking out lengths, whether they are BSL or APL or waist ect...:P

Sama
October 3rd, 2011, 07:41 PM
You know you're an LHC-er if... Your hair gets caught in the freezer?? Haha, this happened to me today, and I instantly thought of this list. :p

What ~really~ happened is...I was in the kitchen preparing dinner when my husband dropped by for a kiss. He lost his balance, opened the freezer door when trying to use it to catch himself, and trapped some of my locks in the freezer when the door closed. :blushing: I swear, we are not newlyweds! LOL

Chetanlaiho
October 4th, 2011, 05:25 AM
When you have someone in class next to you trying to create a dread with her fingers and flinching every time you hear the hair 'protesting' ^^;

Unzadi
October 4th, 2011, 06:27 AM
When you watch a detective drama on tv, and know that the prime suspect is 100% innocent right off the bat b/c the murder weapon is a hair toy and the suspect's hair isn't long enough to use that toy.

redmj
October 4th, 2011, 06:30 AM
When you watch a detective drama on tv, and know that the prime suspect is 100% innocent right off the bat b/c the murder weapon is a hair toy and the suspect's hair isn't long enough to use that toy.

Oh what show was that????? I love detective dramas. NCIS just happens to be my favorite and, OH LOOK, it's Tuesday :cheese:!!!!!

JellyBene
October 4th, 2011, 07:28 AM
When you FREAK OUT when your boyfriend tries to romantically run his fingers through your hair and a couple fall out.
Oh and when you overhear the girl behind you in English class talk about how she is going to dye her hair black tonight and you quickly warn her about PPD and offer to henndigo her hair for free if she will buy the ingredients and you then realize the whole class has gone silent and everyone is looking at you like you are an alien.

Unzadi
October 4th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Oh what show was that????? I love detective dramas. NCIS just happens to be my favorite and, OH LOOK, it's Tuesday :cheese:!!!!!

The show in question was a Monk rerun, so detective comedy-drama in this case, but the murder weapon was a hairtoy, and the suspect's hair wasn't long enough to use it, but another character's was, and yep, that was the killer.

I love detective dramas, too, and this should be a good year for NCIS. To stay on topic, Abby has some fun hair toys.

Eternal.Fiend
October 4th, 2011, 09:47 AM
When your new idea of a hair compliment is going up to that blonde 1a with hip length hair and telling her "You have the bluntest hemline I've ever seen!"

But no, I didn't, because I had never seen her before in my life and it would have involved interuppting her conversation XD

redmj
October 4th, 2011, 11:28 AM
When you can't complete a business transaction without thinking "I wonder what she does to her hair to get it to look that bad?"

Anje
October 4th, 2011, 12:15 PM
The show in question was a Monk rerun, so detective comedy-drama in this case, but the murder weapon was a hairtoy, and the suspect's hair wasn't long enough to use it, but another character's was, and yep, that was the killer.

I love detective dramas, too, and this should be a good year for NCIS. To stay on topic, Abby has some fun hair toys.
Of course, it's also possible that one would cut their hair post-murder. To throw off the police and all, since they are SOOOOooo aware of such things. :eyebrows:

You know you're an LHCer when you wonder if anyone thinks it's weird that you're buying 5 bottles of conditioner and no shampoo.

Unzadi
October 4th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Of course, it's also possible that one would cut their hair post-murder. To throw off the police and all, since they are SOOOOooo aware of such things. :eyebrows:

Very true, but in this case the suspect's hair legnth was consistent. Although if there were a long-haired detective on the case, they'd be the one to spot it.

You know you're an LHC-er if you buy five bottles of conditioner and ask "why?" when the friend who is with you suggests you get five bottles of shampoo as well.

piratejenny
October 4th, 2011, 12:38 PM
You know you're an LHC-er if you make a slight change to your routine and itch all day to get online and discuss the results.

Intransigentia
October 4th, 2011, 02:21 PM
...if your waitress at an Asian restaurant is wearing a bun held with a single, decorated chopstick, and you stare until you can identify what kind of bun it is.

Noreth
October 4th, 2011, 04:31 PM
...when you've been convinced that there is actually more than one shade of black. There's blue-black, purple-black, lighter black, real black, really-dark-red black... :D

AnqeIicDemise
October 4th, 2011, 05:19 PM
You know you're an LHCr when a friend shows you a poorly dressed fail meme of a classic length beauty with a long shaved stripe right down the middle with the caption "instant pony tials" and instead of laughing, you bust out crying.

blondie9912
October 4th, 2011, 06:59 PM
...when you use more oils in your hair than in your cooking :p

amyhenna
October 4th, 2011, 07:12 PM
When short to medium length haired people tell you that they "had to go to the salon to trim their ends," and you nod as if what they are saying makes any sense at all- just to be polite-, and struggle to keep the "What the hell is wrong with you???" look off your face so as not to hurt the speaker's feelings.

thelittlestdoc
October 5th, 2011, 12:06 AM
...when you think you should do an individual study on the psychology of women and beauty (specifically focusing on hair) for your Psych major :cheese:

xoxophelia
October 5th, 2011, 12:12 AM
When you stop being judgemental of other people's hair and instead accept their hair choices.

Purdy Bear
October 5th, 2011, 02:15 AM
You hair type your pets.

You watch a movie and when its finished you dont remember the plot but you do recall all the hair dos and lengths.

Of the Fae
October 5th, 2011, 02:40 AM
When you cringe every single time you see a bleach blonde, styled, fried person, and it haunts you for half an hour...

maria_tasha
October 5th, 2011, 02:41 AM
...when you've been convinced that there is actually more than one shade of black. There's blue-black, purple-black, lighter black, real black, really-dark-red black... :D

Totally agree! I have black chocolate hair and used to dye it raven black. Only I knew the difference.

Unzadi
October 5th, 2011, 06:25 AM
Totally agree! I have black chocolate hair and used to dye it raven black. Only I knew the difference.

Agreeing also. I play the Sims2 and some makers of custom content will have four different shades of black (or red, brown, blonde) for hair, and yes, I do have to have them all because they are all different colors.

redmj
October 5th, 2011, 06:44 AM
When you get frusterated with your friends when you start talking hair and they don't get it, then you think well spidermom, ultrabella (or insert other LHC name) would have understood it.

ilovelonghair
October 5th, 2011, 12:31 PM

.... when you watch a commercial for hair product and cringe at the condition of the model's hair...

Or:

You imediately recognize the hair to be a wig, the shine is not right etc. Or that it has been photoshopped (no signs of shorter hairs, tapering)

when you're still wondering after more than a dacade how that person with knee lenght hair who bleached her hair could make it look so healthy! How did she do that????

When you spend months, or even years on deciding on a new hair color!

sun-kissed
October 5th, 2011, 01:30 PM
You know you're a LHC-er when you take every chance you get to drive downtown just to look for longhairs on the streets.

...and when you force your best friend to lock her straightener in her bethroom cabinet before you agree to spend the night.

... and when you spend most of your time in math class checking out the longhair sitting in front of you, trying to figure out if she has extensions or not.

Noreth
October 5th, 2011, 01:43 PM
when you've just told your friend you have really big news, and can't figure out why she's not excited that you found a place near you that delivers (free delivery;)) Yemeni henna for an amazing cost!

sisi33
October 5th, 2011, 02:23 PM
When you get frusterated with your friends when you start talking hair and they don't get it, then you think well spidermom, ultrabella (or insert other LHC name) would have understood it.
Aaaand you keep on talking, in hopes that they will understand/learn something new!
When you get annoyed if a character in a TV show doesn't put her hair up when she's going on "raids".
You cringe when you see how people wash hair on Jerseylicious, but keep watching because it's sorta funny.
You constantly are aware of other peoples' hair, and often feel like saying that you like it, but don't want to be creepy.
You get excited when your hair classification changes.
You start knitting specifically because winter is coming up, and you don't have any hats that will fit on your head with all of your hair piled up in it.
You get confused on how long someones' hair is when you're reading a book and they describe that someone has "long hair"- Real World long hair, or LHC long hair??? :confused:
You spend way too long on YT looking at updo's.
Then you get SUPER excited when torrinpaige posts a new video, but you then get slightly depressed, because her hair's so much longer than yours- then you get hair envy! :D
You shop for hair toys, even though your hair isn't really "that long".
When you try an SMT on your horse's mane and it works!
You then immediately think of trying it on your Weenie Dog- but realize that he won't stay still for that.
You then go and put coconut oil on your Chihuahua, because she let's you put that on her.

MrsGuther
October 5th, 2011, 02:28 PM

I totally cringe every time I see a commercial for a "split end mender" conditioner and the like... It's so annoying when the model has seriously heat styling damaged hair, and they are trying to claim that their product has somehow fixed the problem. Sheesh! The advertising people buy into blows my mind...

MrsGuther
October 5th, 2011, 02:30 PM

Agreed! I wish I had some LHC-ers where I live so I could chat about hair growth and the like!

Lady McHuerta
October 5th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Every time you watch a movie you cringe at the condition of the main actresses hair. Don't they know HD highlights every flaw! And shouldn't they be taking better care of their hair anyway?

akuamoonmaui
October 5th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Your housework gets neglected because you're following threads...

MrsGuther
October 5th, 2011, 02:34 PM
You know you're an LHC-er when you mention you're growing your hair out, and the response you get is:
"Are you planning on growing your hair to your knees or something? Your hair is already really long!" and you say: "Yeah, I'm working on it."

LOL ^^^ This happened to me yesterday at Taco Bell when I was talking with my husband and a couple of his coworkers.

MrsGuther
October 5th, 2011, 02:38 PM
You know you're a LHC-er when you take every chance you get to drive downtown just to look for longhairs on the streets.

...and when you force your best friend to lock her straightener in her bethroom cabinet before you agree to spend the night.

... and when you spend most of your time in math class checking out the longhair sitting in front of you, trying to figure out if she has extensions or not.

LOL I always scope out other longhairs when I'm out in town.
Hahahah I like that ^^^ about getting your best friend to lock her straightener up before you agree to spend the night! That's hilarious! And I used to do the same thing (trying to figure out if some of the girls with long hair had extensions) when I was in college!

xoxophelia
October 5th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Every time you watch a movie you cringe at the condition of the main actresses hair. Don't they know HD highlights every flaw! And shouldn't they be taking better care of their hair anyway?

There are a lot of comments like this so I am not trying to just pick on your comment. But, I would hope that being an LHCer is not synonymous with being better-than-thou about hair.

JellyBene
October 5th, 2011, 04:34 PM
When you slow down to 20 mph in a 55 zone to check out the gorgeous hip length blonde hair of a jogger by the road :P that was actually the deciding moment for me when I knew without a doubt that I will be going to college for hairstyling

pumpkinpie
October 5th, 2011, 04:56 PM
when you find your self constantly trying to find more beautiful and complex updos to show off your lengthy hair i know i always am!!! and my bf doesnt know why but he loves it!!! lol

ilovelonghair
October 6th, 2011, 09:45 AM
When someone in a group of friends has a bit of hair weaving sticking out and you want to fix it. I didn't dare to tell it was sticking out, but I should have, it was easy to fix with a bobby pin.

Intransigentia
October 6th, 2011, 09:49 AM
I would hope that being an LHCer is not synonymous with being better-than-thou about hair.

Point well made!

JellyBene
October 13th, 2011, 04:47 PM
You know you are a LHC-er if you will only buy all natural chapstick for fear of your hair blowing onto your lips

Foxy_Booker
October 13th, 2011, 05:07 PM
In lecture when you're supposed to be listening but instead your looking at people's hair in front of you, particularly the damaged heads and pretending I have their hair and think of all the things I would start doing to save their hair if it were mine. It keeps me motivated. Then I get stuck on a beautiful head of hair and grow green with envy :D

proo
October 16th, 2011, 05:20 PM
You know what a micronesian spiral bun is.

Tapioca
October 16th, 2011, 09:24 PM
You wince whenever you hear someone pronounce it joe-joe-ba.

redmj
October 16th, 2011, 09:28 PM
You wince whenever you hear someone pronounce it joe-joe-ba.

I am so guilty there. I called it that the first time. Now I have people teasing me when I say it right.

Ligeia_13
October 28th, 2011, 07:56 AM
Someone on a different forum mentions using Monistat and then proceeds to list side effects..and then you remember its not actually meat for the head :D

Modarunner
October 31st, 2011, 01:23 AM
When you want to tell every person you see what they are doing wrong in their haircare. When you see someone violently brushing their hair and all you want to do is slap that brush out of their hands and offer to comb it for them.

Hairitic
October 31st, 2011, 07:32 AM
When you buy two bottles of the same oil; one to keep in the kitchen and one to keep in the bathroom!

Intransigentia
November 1st, 2011, 11:06 AM
When nobody realizes that you mean to be dressed up as Princess Leia, because double buns aren't that uncommon for you to wear.

Rosethorn
November 1st, 2011, 11:24 AM
When your husband doesn't even comment on the pan full of herbs and water you're boiling for a hair rinse or when one of your main focuses while watching a period movie is "how did she do that updo?" and then obsessively trying to figure it out and checking youtube to see if anyone else has (yay Torrin!).

moxamoll
November 1st, 2011, 11:31 AM
You know what a micronesian spiral bun is.
:uhh: Oh no! I don't know what that is and I can't find a tutorial. Help!:cry:
:doh:

Amber_Maiden
November 1st, 2011, 11:33 AM
When you get really jealous of the girl walking in front of you because she has long healthy hair, and then you wonder if you actually might be friends with her on LHC, and then you feel guilty... lol

pepperminttea
November 1st, 2011, 11:35 AM
:uhh: Oh no! I don't know what that is and I can't find a tutorial. Help!:cry:
:doh:

I think they mean a spiral braid (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=66974)? :)

nellreno
November 1st, 2011, 11:36 AM
When the moment Torrin puts up a new hair tutorial you have to spend an hour or two trying to perfect it.

KateMcC
November 1st, 2011, 01:06 PM
...when you get into a car you first make sure your hair is safely out of the way BEFORE you put on your seat belt.

... you choose your jewelry/top/purse based on if you are wearing your hair up or down so it won't get caught or tangled.

... your SO no longer thinks it's strange that you keep more oil/honey/etc in your bathroom than you do in your kitchen.

... instead of bringing you roses for a special occasion, your hubby gives you a new ficcare or flexi-8.

and ditto to those who mentioned watching movies and youtube to figure out new updos.

Curly Hermione
November 1st, 2011, 01:19 PM
You think nothing of using the £20 your grandmother gave you to buy hair stuff at Boots, even though you are a penniless student who can't find a job. (it was so completely worth it, i love my new stuff!)

You spend a day at college counting all the people wearing buns you see (45) just to prove to your mum that young people do wear buns!

You spent an entire saturday making hair potions, and didn't think it was a waste of time.

sisi33
November 1st, 2011, 01:24 PM
Your wash day hair isn't that oily, when before you would freak out on the 2nd day after S&C'ing :brains:

Mannaz
November 1st, 2011, 01:54 PM
...when you spend a loooong time wondering which styles would keep your hair safe when fooling around with DBF. As least I'm not thinking that while fooling around... :D

Purdy Bear
November 1st, 2011, 02:48 PM
If there was an exam in LHC stuff you would pass with the top mark and honours.

You have more hair toys then shoes and handbags, or in the case of men tools and toy cars.

You dont allow anyone borrow your favourite wide toothed comb.

You have a hair recipe book that others think is a spell book.

For those of us with bald issues, you are tempted to grow the hair you have just to see how long it would take to get to your ultimate goal, even ifs only half a head of hair. You also have more hair toys then your haired friends even though you can only use them on your styling head.

You can sit for hours just going through your hair toy box, and sighing.

You know the going best price for every hair toy, shampoo, conditioner etc.

You know which cupboards and electrical equipment to be careful of when your hair is loose.

When you go to see a hairdresser for a trim or treatment you interrigate them for hours before even making the appointment but then cancel it and do it yourself with better results.

Your You Tube favourites is full of every hair tutorial channel in existence.

When your feeling a little low you head for LHC and know your feel better very quickly.

teal
November 1st, 2011, 04:12 PM
(...) or when one of your main focuses while watching a period movie is "how did she do that updo?" and then obsessively trying to figure it out and checking youtube to see if anyone else has (yay Torrin!).

I was watching the movie Elizabeth last night for the first time and doing this so obsessively that I actually missed out on some of the key plot points! :o

Your wash day hair isn't that oily, when before you would freak out on the 2nd day after S&C'ing :brains:

Heheh, stretching washes is probably the best advice of everything I've picked up on this site, and that's saying a lot!

nellreno
November 2nd, 2011, 02:55 AM
When you're cleaning you go around collecting all your hairtoys and elastics and combs etc scattered around your house even though you have a drawer in your bathroom specifically for holding these.

hisprincess
November 2nd, 2011, 08:29 AM
...You dream about having two inches cut, wake up, grab your hair and sigh, "Thank God!"

...You keep one pair of hair scissors at home, one at work, and one at your BF's house, because if you see a split end you cannot wait to snip it when you get home-- you might never find it again.

Amber_Maiden
November 2nd, 2011, 01:41 PM
You had dreams last night about commenting on peoples hair on LHC, and answering questions. It was really annoying dreaming about this all night, because I'm basically on LHC all day... :o

sun-kissed
November 2nd, 2011, 07:23 PM
... when you shampoo your BBB daily, and wash your hair once a week with conditioner. :lol:

jenjen10
November 2nd, 2011, 09:59 PM
.. when a Sally's Beauty Supply opens up in your town and you think "there goes my paycheck"! All of the henna-ing supplies and hair potions I will be able to get now... way excited! :cheese:

Libbylou
November 3rd, 2011, 07:02 AM
When never before, you give up ice cream and chips. Now you have yogurt and crackers with peanut butter for hair health.

MasCat
November 3rd, 2011, 09:24 AM
When you say "and well, my hair is all slippery, because it's been only 2 days since my last wash" :)

MoonLover
November 3rd, 2011, 11:01 AM
When shopping for groceries SO asks you if it's for hair or to eat:p

Amber_Maiden
November 3rd, 2011, 01:31 PM
When shopping for groceries SO asks you if it's for hair or to eat:p

haha. My husband always asks as well... :p:o

pepperminttea
November 6th, 2011, 01:08 PM
You do a Google Image Search for a hairstyle and recognise half of the heads of hair that come up. :p

jesis
November 6th, 2011, 01:11 PM
When someone comments on someone else's "long" hair, but you don't consider it long because you know the difference between long, healthy hair, and long, unhealthy hair.

Feng-Shui
November 6th, 2011, 04:45 PM
When your cats or dogs a Tangle Teezer to brush have.:D

ArienEllariel
November 11th, 2011, 04:10 PM
you've been convinced that taking a picture of a babydoll coming out of a sockbun (cervix) would be exceedingly funny to post on the internet. xD

owlathena
November 11th, 2011, 04:13 PM
I was talking to my friend about a package that I'm expecting

"I have to stay home because they're going to need my siggy."

"Your WHAT?"

PaganPriestess
November 13th, 2011, 04:01 AM
When you are brushing your hair while reading & replying to threads on LHC lol

owlathena
November 13th, 2011, 04:19 AM
I got a yeast infection (gross) and when I got monistat my first thought was "I hope I have leftovers."

Mustardseed
November 13th, 2011, 01:58 PM
When you are at a social event and immediately go over to talk to the girl with the longest hair and ask her how she takes care of it.

Amber_Maiden
November 13th, 2011, 02:00 PM

hehe. I do this :D

supercupcakexx
November 13th, 2011, 08:59 PM

hehe. I do this :D

I do this, and I S&D while browsing through threads too! :laugh:

EdG
November 19th, 2011, 08:55 AM
I'm reminded of LHC whenever I walk by the cheese aisle in the supermarket. :cheese:
Ed

holothuroidea
November 19th, 2011, 09:11 AM
... when you've hair typed your entire family... and your extended family... and when you talk to your Mom you keep trying to edge her towards hair conversation so you can give her a great new piece of advice you found for her hair type but can never seem to fit it in. :D

holothuroidea
November 19th, 2011, 09:16 AM
also when you think hair that is "greasy" but healthy is much better looking than hair that is "normal" and damaged.

KwaveT
December 14th, 2011, 07:20 PM
you do nothing but think about my hair at times since I joined. I touch my hair more in a day now than I would use to in five years. I am constantly shifting my bangs out of my eyes. I am constantly just running my hands through my hair especially the sides and back of my head just to see how it feels. I like the feel of my hair on the skin for some reason when it used to bug me as I was first growing it. I have got where I am worse than most women even are with touching my hair. It has turned into an obsession. I have an obsessive personality so the two go hand and hand.

Tigermama
December 14th, 2011, 07:50 PM
You are at the mall and see someone with long beautiful hair and think... "Did we ever come up with that secret hand shake?"

jenjen10
December 14th, 2011, 07:51 PM
You go to the doctor for a routine checkup, realize she is an LHC-er and spend 10 minutes of your appointment talking about hair!

jujube
December 14th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Feel like sharing "The Secret" (that is, LHC) whenever a friend is interested in your "long hair" discussions.

Tomoyo
December 14th, 2011, 07:59 PM
When you RAGE SO HARD at that Pantene Breakage to Strength commercial.

Miss Catrina
December 14th, 2011, 08:02 PM
When you hear someone claim that backcombing hair isn't bad for it, and you lose respect for them as a person.

Amber_Maiden
December 14th, 2011, 08:03 PM
also when you think hair that is "greasy" but healthy is much better looking than hair that is "normal" and damaged.

I agree so much with this! I actually love it when my hair feels greasy- I know it's getting moisturized :)

almond
December 14th, 2011, 09:53 PM
... if you go to the grocery store and everything you see makes you think 'maybe I should put this on my hair'

silverstars
December 15th, 2011, 10:31 AM
When you stare at everyone's updos and wonder how they were done :)

StarryPaint
December 15th, 2011, 01:07 PM
We you get super excited to go to the Renaissance Festival for the soul purpose of getting you hair braided . . .:-)

Alvrodul
December 15th, 2011, 01:26 PM
... if you are thinking about wearing your hair down for once - or at least in a half up - for the sole purpose of teasing the flatiron salespeople at one of the shopping centers in town! :p (And no, they are NOT getting near my hair with one of those infernal devices! :guns:)

LaceyNg
December 15th, 2011, 03:57 PM
when you think "i dunno about having another baby just yet.... thats another few years of wearing hair up all the time!" :)

isabelx
December 15th, 2011, 04:21 PM
When you get annoyed at people who say 'my hair just doesn't grow I hate it' when it's poker straight from straightening (you know because you can see the masses of splits from a mile off) and it's dyed ridiculously bright red.

Also when you get annoyed at TV commercials advertising products which claim to mend split ends.

anikadear
December 15th, 2011, 04:39 PM
When you walk up to an employee at Best Buy with deep red hair and ask her if she hennas, and she looks at you like "what's henna?"

When you've only been a member here for a week and have already spent way too much money on hair toys.

Hollyfire3
December 15th, 2011, 04:40 PM
You feel sooo guilty about blowdrying your hair for once in forever just so you get to a play on time that you nearly go there with soaking wet hair.

You suddenly think your hairdresser might be crazy because she tells you curly hair cannot be grown long and look good (you cry, then go home, measure your ponytail, realize it is well into the iii catagory, look at all the beatiful longgg curls on LHC and suddenly become very happy) oh, and you consider if you can cut your layered curls yourself...

You try soo hard to convice your best friend with beautiful, straight, hair, NOT to buy that straight iron

daniew0708
December 15th, 2011, 04:55 PM
... if you are thinking about wearing your hair down for once - or at least in a half up - for the sole purpose of teasing the flatiron salespeople at one of the shopping centers in town! :p (And no, they are NOT getting near my hair with one of those infernal devices! :guns:)

This one.... i love doing this.:D

door72067
December 16th, 2011, 09:10 AM
you read the thread title "is this hip?" and your first thought is : I hope there's pictures of her hair!

Alvrodul
December 16th, 2011, 09:16 AM
... if you get super excited about the package of hair-safe elastics with patterns!!!!! that was included in your SS package! :cheese::disco::gobblecheese:

catnip
December 16th, 2011, 10:14 AM
When you judge other people's hair and think how to improve their condition :)

RiotPrrl
December 16th, 2011, 10:56 AM
... you're only going to read "a couple more posts" and suddenly it's 3 hours later.

RapunzelKat
December 16th, 2011, 11:00 AM
When you're at work, and you spot a fairy knot in your braid tassel, and you feel the need to drop everything and cut it right then, before other hairs can get involved and damaged. (True story. My coworkers probably think I'm nuts :D :cheese:)

anikadear
December 16th, 2011, 11:08 AM
... you're only going to read "a couple more posts" and suddenly it's 3 hours later.

ahahahahaha. This.

Gothchiq
December 16th, 2011, 01:13 PM
...when your boyfriend asks what you want for Christmas and you sent him links for Flexi-8 and other hair toys meant for long hair.

Jessibear2854
December 16th, 2011, 01:35 PM
I haven't read all of these yet, but I have to say that if one of your friends mentions he is contemplating going in for a hair cut and you freak out and beg him not to cut his beautiful hair and he looks at you like you're crazy.... you might be a LHCer!

Copasetic
December 16th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Not sure this has been mentioned yet, but you know you're an LHC-er if you see someone with amazing hair and automatically wonder if they are a cone-head, co-only, CG, or WO.

Helenae
December 16th, 2011, 05:06 PM
...when you think RIP when your friend decides to use bleach on her hair.

schweedie
December 25th, 2011, 04:42 AM
...You get a new camera for Christmas and the first thing you want to do is take a picture of your hair to see what this particular camera makes your colour look like.

anikadear
December 25th, 2011, 07:23 AM
When you're watching tv with your guy friend and he asks " so what do you think about her hair?" And you proceed to hair type the person.

MasCat
December 25th, 2011, 09:17 AM
When people start hiding long smooth pretty hairstick-sized objects from you :>>>>

jacqueline101
December 25th, 2011, 10:27 AM
When you think of your hair as your ultimate joy.

papillion
December 26th, 2011, 03:13 PM
...You get a new camera for Christmas and the first thing you want to do is take a picture of your hair to see what this particular camera makes your colour look like.

...and you go onto the LHC to post about it in this thread, only to find somebody else got there first! :D

SwordWomanRiona
December 26th, 2011, 03:44 PM
When you spend most of your time in math class trying to check out the condition of a girl's hip length across the room...

:D:D And when you choose a sit at the middle-to-back of the class so that you can look at everyone's hair, and admire length/colour/texture/hairstyles in some of them.

Yes, our Nuclear Physics teacher is veeery boring :rolleyes:. He just doesn't teach, he reads the slides in his Power Point :mad:.

SwordWomanRiona
December 26th, 2011, 03:45 PM
When during a whole half an hour bus journey you find yourself analysing everyones hair that gets on the bus :D 'I love her natural wave but it seems as though she could do with half an inch off...'

I also look at everyone's hair in the bus! ;)

Modarunner
December 26th, 2011, 03:51 PM
You have a nightmare about your ends tangling and turning to straw and you end up ripping a comb through your tangled ends, all the while hearing them snap and break. *shudder* *wakes up in a cold sweat*

mzBANGBANG
December 26th, 2011, 03:55 PM
...when your boyfriend asks what you want for Christmas and you sent him links for Flexi-8 and other hair toys meant for long hair.

LOL at my boyfriend getting me a BBB for Christmas. :) Only been two weeks, and I think I'm an LHC-er.

long&blonde
December 26th, 2011, 04:45 PM
You get the whole salon laughing where you're getting a sparkly roots touchup only, remarking to your short haired stylist: "You say "Hag", like "Hags" a bad thing. " when she measures your wet hair and tells you that you are well into BCL length,meant to scare or disgust you? And you start cheering,thinking you were still only TBL. When she shows you 6 or 8 inchs she could cut off for you, and you accidentally snort.
BCL! Official! Woo hoo!

Darkessa
December 26th, 2011, 05:54 PM
You have a nightmare about cutting your hair off and wake up in a panic... >.>

natnatsmama
December 26th, 2011, 07:42 PM
When you ask another long haired random person if they shampoo their hair everyday or you see someone with a bun and try to guess how long their hair is.

Dragon Faery
December 26th, 2011, 08:56 PM
When this forum is your bedtime reading.

(You know you're still new to LHC) when you try ten new treatments at once because you simply can't wait the recommended two weeks of testing for each to see which ones actually work and which ones don't.

(You kow you've been around awhile) when you've learned to see the beauty in all types of hair, and when you're finally learning that impatience won't help your hair grow any faster ... but that eventually, it will get there.

You have a goal length for your hair.

When, in your quest for healthier hair, you realize that you've inadvertently improved your general health, as well. :D

Aeris
December 26th, 2011, 09:31 PM

Or, in my case: when you really really wanted a camera for Christmas just so you could take pictures of your hair to post on here! (I did not get a camera :()

bouclée
December 27th, 2011, 01:52 AM
...you have goose pimples when you see a hairdresser backcombing hair in a YouTube video. Yeek, what a nightmare!

Shesta
December 27th, 2011, 03:32 AM
.. when your landlord will not renew your rental agreement after seeing a single hair strand hanging from the staircase. Because he is terrified not to strangle in your shed hairs some day.
.. when you are sick, vomiting, and need someone to hold all this hair back for you.

Mommyof4
December 27th, 2011, 03:39 AM
If you're like me, and it is absolutely NOT allowed that anyone comb, style, or brush your daughter's hair because it will cause damage to her silky fine hair :D

I get some strange looks when she tells family/friends "Mommy is only allowed to brush my hair. I don't want to get split ends, then it won't look like Rapunzel"

When I had my surgery, my grandma tried to BRUSH my DD hair WET and did not CONDITION it either!! For her very delicate hair, that is like pure abuse! My husband ( I was surprised he's been paying attention to my hair-related chatting ) stopped her and said he "wasn't sure why" but he knew that it had to dry first and that she needed conditioner :D

:dance: I was so proud! hehe

omnivore
January 18th, 2012, 10:58 PM
[I think it's official, now!]

...you get your latest order from the online pet supply place and are completely befuddled as to why a cat specific catalog was included with the bird specific and small pet specific catalogs on top of the order until you pull out the bag of bunny pellets, the bag of bird food, the other bag of bird food, the bottle of bird poop remover, and find the catnip seed kit at the very bottom of the box. You don't have a cat, the catnip is for your hair.

mzBANGBANG
January 19th, 2012, 12:14 AM
If you go to bed every night with an Erykah Badu inspired hairstyle.

If Wednesday is WASH DAY!!! And you truly get excited about it.

If you keep a pair of hair-sheers in your car because the only way to really see split ends is in natural light (bonus points if you snip them while waiting at redlights).

If before constructing a sock bun you asked yourself if you had any softer socks to destroy...

Vanille_
January 19th, 2012, 01:10 AM
Someone tells you about a friend of theirs who has hair almost to their knees. After they tell you that it's not only this long but also HEALTHY, you seriously want to know if they are on the LHC.

hanne jensen
January 19th, 2012, 01:58 AM
You know you're an LHC'er when nothing is too wacky to put on your head if it will promote hair growth or hair health and strength.

Alvrodul
January 19th, 2012, 11:55 AM
... if you are planning a furniture shopping around what you need in order to take good hair pictures for LHC.
I need better lighting for better pictures!!:D

Keller1128
January 20th, 2012, 08:05 PM
When the girl who sits in front of you has so many split ends that you consider moving across the room just so you don't have to see them...but you don't because that would be awkward.

Rosethorn
January 21st, 2012, 03:48 PM
If you watched that movie Tangled and were upset for weeks afterwards because her hair got chopped off.

PurusNox
January 21st, 2012, 05:05 PM
When you call a hair dryer a hair fryer :)
When you take pictures of your hair every month :')

uptosomeone
January 21st, 2012, 05:10 PM
When the girl who sits in front of you has so many split ends that you consider moving across the room just so you don't have to see them...but you don't because that would be awkward.

Eck...been there. There's this girl with WL natural blond hair that could be so gorgeous, but it's so straightened to death (think frizzy halo around the entire length of her hair) that I can't bear to look at it for more than a second. Whenever I see it I just get this image of her ripping a paddle brush through her waves, then straightening it within an inch of its life. urgh.

theresajensen
January 21st, 2012, 05:32 PM
When you buy tights just so you can cut them into no damage hair elastics

Amber_Maiden
January 21st, 2012, 05:45 PM
Eck...been there. There's this girl with WL natural blond hair that could be so gorgeous, but it's so straightened to death (think frizzy halo around the entire length of her hair) that I can't bear to look at it for more than a second. Whenever I see it I just get this image of her ripping a paddle brush through her waves, then straightening it within an inch of its life. urgh.

There's this girl in one my classes, and I just tare at her hair in shock- it's heavily dyed, she straightens it, and it looks like she doesn't brush it because she has bad velcro ends... It's scary. She has the halo effect as well... From the straightening and her hair breaking I suspect.

inkd
January 21st, 2012, 06:45 PM
...if you have gorgeous hair! And cheese! :cheese:

Lark
January 21st, 2012, 07:29 PM
When my daughter accidentally dipped her hair in ketchup and after getting it out I noticed how soft it was, so now I am wondering about risking it for my next deep treatment :D

omnivore
January 21st, 2012, 11:23 PM
When my daughter accidentally dipped her hair in ketchup and after getting it out I noticed how soft it was, so now I am wondering about risking it for my next deep treatment :D

:ponder: Ketchup = (Acidic) tommytoes + vinegar + spices + sugar.
Therefore, (acidic) tommytoes + vinegar + spices + sugar + soak time on hair = soft/shiny hair? I may have to try this, even if just for s&g's. :)

Sushi144
January 25th, 2012, 07:03 PM
If you watched that movie Tangled and were upset for weeks afterwards because her hair got chopped off.

Totally. And it can't even grow back ! :sad

Long_hair_bear
January 26th, 2012, 05:48 PM

I was kinda bitter over that myself.....

Anyway, I thought of one while I was contemplating my wardrobe for tomorrow:

When you think about how you'll wear your hair first, and then think of a coordinating outfit, not the other way around. :D

Also, like tonight for me..... When you are willing to put diluted cooter cream on your head to make your hair grow faster!

Long_hair_bear
January 26th, 2012, 05:49 PM

I was kinda bitter over that myself.....

Anyway, I thought of one while I was contemplating my wardrobe for tomorrow:

When you think about how you'll wear your hair first, and then think of a coordinating outfit, not the other way around. :D

Also, like tonight for me..... When you are willing to put diluted cooter cream on your head to make your hair grow faster!

Rosethorn
January 26th, 2012, 08:46 PM
When you're at the computer checking on this thread with your hair full of oil and shea butter because tonight is wash night. Back to Tangled- what?! he couldn't have cut it at waist, or knee, or apl? It HAD to be short?

LittleOrca
January 26th, 2012, 08:49 PM
When you sneak onto the LHC during a research class via laptop computer. *innocent whistle*

LittleOrca
January 26th, 2012, 08:58 PM
When you're at the computer checking on this thread with your hair full of oil and shea butter because tonight is wash night. Back to Tangled- what?! he couldn't have cut it at waist, or knee, or apl? It HAD to be short?

You know you are and LHCer when you go over in your mind the reason why in Tangled that her hair that was cut as a baby stayed short rather than accept a "It didnt grow anymore" theory that is tossed around.

My take:
1) [Practical] Disney did not want to animate a long random strand of brown hair among the golden locks because it would have been too difficult and would have made it seem "dirty" or "flawed" in some way.

2) [Storyline] Mother Gothel told Rapunzel it was from a time in her life when people tried to cut her hair and use it for their own gain and thus the dark streak could have been traumatic for Rapunzel to see as a constant reminder and she kept it cut and out of her sight or Mother Gothel herself trimmed it.

Anywho, my Rapunzel fan-art shows her with brown hair as if it were a few years after the Alice Cullen cut of shame, or blonde as if they cut never happened.

Creatureling
January 26th, 2012, 09:09 PM
LittleOrca, I thought about that too! I kinda thought that maybe the brown hair grew at a normal rate and wasn't super strong like the magical golden hair, so Rapunzel never learned how to care for it properly and cut off all the damage.

I hope that now her hair is all normal, she'll learn how to care for her new hair type and grow out that haircut. I'll guess we'll find out in the sequel.

kidari
January 26th, 2012, 09:19 PM
I suspect a few longhairs at my school and I get so super excited. I don't really know if they are LHCers but they always wear their hair up and from the bun I can tell it's probably really long and I always wonder exactly how long it is. One girl wears her hair in a neat cinnamon bun that she clips the top part into a tails up and she still has lots of hair left over that forms a mini ponytail over the cinnamon bun. Also her hair is really thick, shiny, and healthy. I always stare at her head... haha I sound so creepy!

sfgirl
January 26th, 2012, 11:47 PM
You have a list of movies you watch as hair inspiration. Mine includes a lot of Amanda Seyfried movies, Bollywood movies (Johda Akbars hair was knee length!), period, and fantasy movies. Also "The Virgin Spring".

Vanille_
January 26th, 2012, 11:56 PM
When your friend calls you creepy after asking her if she's used the new shampoo and conditioner you suggested for her.

(she knows I come here and that hair has become my hobby)

XcaliburGirl
January 27th, 2012, 01:59 PM
When you see a news article titled "US growth quickens" and your first thought is "Hmm, I wonder if the U.S. has been using Monistat or Castor Oil." :crazyq:

Sushi144
January 27th, 2012, 06:19 PM
... when you're now able to ask your friend "is that henna on your hair" ?

lolot
January 27th, 2012, 06:46 PM
when you think of acronyms and abreviations for your hair that no one else outside LHC would understand a sentence

Alvrodul
January 28th, 2012, 12:20 PM
When you decide that your hairtoys really need to be on display even if they are not in your hair - so you use them for interior decoration as well! this is a picture from my new living room. :gabigrin:

And If I get tired of looking at this particular selection, there are always others!:D

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m529/Alvrodul/Hairtoys%202012/Interiordecoration.jpg

Ligeia_13
January 28th, 2012, 12:22 PM
^ those are a lot of hair toys! :O

Alvrodul
January 28th, 2012, 12:26 PM
^ those are a lot of hair toys! :O
They do tend to accumulate. ;)

Sushi144
January 28th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Alvrodul : wow, nice !

dwell_in_safety
January 28th, 2012, 02:46 PM
...you have to stop yourself from correcting friends' hair care methods.
...you talked your roommate into letting you care for her hair while she grows out some bleached streaks and are excited about it.
...you spent over an hour last night talking about hair care to an oddly interested male friend on Facebook.

LittleOrca
January 28th, 2012, 03:05 PM
... When deciding to cut off three inches of hair is more traumatic than paying a tuition bill.

Carrie Ingalls
January 28th, 2012, 06:20 PM
You always check the floor (after combing) to make sure you are not leaving sheds around, and you always put your sheds in the appropriate receptacle of your choice (for me it is usually the trash) much to the amusement of your friends who say when they find a shed on a sweater or something they just drop it on the ground, never bothering to put it in the trash.

mzBANGBANG
January 28th, 2012, 06:35 PM
... When deciding to cut off three inches of hair is more traumatic than paying a tuition bill.

LMBO. Thanks for putting it into perspective for me. :D

mzBANGBANG
January 28th, 2012, 06:36 PM
You get upset when people compliment you on your recent weight loss because you're actually dieting for your hair.

Kira94
January 28th, 2012, 09:20 PM
When a friend says "Whoa, your hair is long" and you have to hold yourself back from squealing and jumping up and down. :D

GRU
January 30th, 2012, 08:56 AM
When you have to share comics like this because you know we all understand:

http://thedoghousediaries.com/comics/uncategorized/2009-10-16-2c33d5a.png

GRU
January 30th, 2012, 09:45 AM
And then you share this one, too:

http://thedoghousediaries.com/comics/uncategorized/2010-02-03-a6406e7.png

Amber_Maiden
January 30th, 2012, 02:06 PM
haha! Those are awesome (and both very sad and true) GRU!

GRU
January 30th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Here's another one:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/ImaHockeyMom/boards/barber.jpg

Hairitic
January 31st, 2012, 07:17 AM
Here's another one:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/ImaHockeyMom/boards/barber.jpg

LOVE IT :D!

Jessibear2854
February 1st, 2012, 08:07 PM
When you have to restrain yourself from telling a stranger on the bus that her ponytail circumference is amazing!!

BlondieHepburn
February 3rd, 2012, 07:00 PM
When you consider whipping up a little overnight treatment at 2:30 AM. Just go to bed, you crazy wench!!

When you have to restrain yourself from telling a stranger on the bus that her ponytail circumference is amazing!!

Hehehe. That's great. I asked my flatmate the other night what her ponytail circumference was (her hair is incredibly thick). I think the question freaked her out a little bit. :uhh:

hisprincess
February 4th, 2012, 09:21 AM
-When considering taking a trip, you factor in how many hair products you can pack and how long you'll have to go without deep conditioning
-"I'm washing my hair" sounds like a perfectly valid excuse for not going out.

poodlemom
February 4th, 2012, 09:26 AM
...when you see a bun and wonder what the hair looks like down...

poodlemom
February 4th, 2012, 09:30 AM
-When considering taking a trip, you factor in how many hair products you can pack and how long you'll have to go without deep conditioning
-"I'm washing my hair" sounds like a perfectly valid excuse for not going out.

LOL! I just told my husband, I'm wearing my hair like this (oiled,braided, and up), because I am NOT washing my hair BEFORE we go to the beach!!

pepperminttea
March 1st, 2012, 07:06 PM
You absent-mindedly S&D a split end... on one of your arm hairs. :p

MandyBeth
March 1st, 2012, 09:48 PM
When your almost 7yo asks if CO washing will wash a man right out of her hair or if that needs shampoo. I have successfully warped the next generation.

Diamond.Eyes
March 1st, 2012, 10:11 PM
When I talk to my fiancé about the hair typing system and he'll know exactly what I'm talking about because I mention these things so much. I really think he is the only guy I know who can deal with and support my hair obsession/knowledge :laugh:.

phabieau
March 1st, 2012, 10:38 PM
You think about the color, length, and damage in your friends' hair more than they do.

elfgirl
March 1st, 2012, 10:59 PM
When you inwardly cringe at the number of female uni students in your classes who have obviously blow dried, highlighted/chemically dyed, and or flat-ironed, or hair-sprayed hair....happens to me every day.

Tisiloves
March 1st, 2012, 11:36 PM
When you inwardly cringe at the number of female uni students in your classes who have obviously blow dried, highlighted/chemically dyed, and or flat-ironed, or hair-sprayed hair....happens to me every day.

In our Criminology lecture my friend and I used to sit near "terpintine girl", one of the cheerleaders who used so much hairspray you could smell it from 20 feet away :(

Sweet Beat
March 2nd, 2012, 07:51 AM
When you find yourself in the sofa trying to find and cut split ends in the commercial breaks when you are watching tv.

whitedove
March 2nd, 2012, 07:54 AM
When you go for a nature walk and end up looking for sticks on the ground.

Kinkycurlygurl
March 2nd, 2012, 11:04 AM

ROFL:D :dabbing at the tears and holding my sides:

Alvrodul
March 2nd, 2012, 03:54 PM
... when you look all over for your new jar of honey for your smt, and finally find it among your baking stuff - and wonder just what it was doing there... :p

einna
March 2nd, 2012, 05:40 PM
When you read this thread, and think "haha, that is soo me" on most of the posts...

rock007junkie
March 3rd, 2012, 06:09 AM
When you are watching "Inkmaster" all you can think about is how Dave Navarro's hair would look so much better if he cut his ends and deep conditioned more often....beautiful guy, dry mess in that head.

sibiryachka
March 3rd, 2012, 10:57 AM
When you go for a nature walk and end up looking for sticks on the ground.

When you pick up a promising stick while on a mother-daughter weekend out of town, forget the stick in Mom's car, then 2 months later spot it and go "Oh, that's where it is! Gimme!!". And Mom doesn't even ask... ;)

newbeginning
March 8th, 2012, 03:31 PM
You read about a makeover in a magazine and are horrified. The reason you're horrified is because the woman's before hair was beautiful and long and curly and after it's a lot shorter and had some treatment on it to make it straight.

Venefica
March 9th, 2012, 02:29 AM
When you watch a horror movie and the most scary part is when the monster, a woman who had been made by a doctor in the lab, who have beautiful, black hair at classical lengths get introduced to society by her maker and he have cut her hair to a shoulder length modern style.

When you are watching an anime about giant robots fighting monsters from space and the thing you find most unrealistic is all the action the long haired mech pilot is managing to do without getting hindered by her extremely long hair only held in her ponytail. You know realistically it would tangle into the mech controls.

When you go to relive yourself and you have to check that you have not accidentally dropped your ponytail in the bowl before you start to go about your natural needs.

elthia
March 9th, 2012, 06:08 AM
I CWC with shampoo bars.

So I jump in the shower, take off my shower cap, lather up the conditioner that has been sitting on my head, rinse, use my poo bar, go to grab the ACV.......and it's not there.

Utter confusion. Look out the shower to the counter, nope. Step on the bathmat, look under the sink, not there either. Briefly consider skipping the ACV rinse. Remembers the horrible state my scalp was in awhile back, and I'm not 100% sure that the ACV rinse is the reason the itchy dandruff/sebum plugs and sores are gone, or if it is the sulfate free regimen, a combination of both. However my regimen works, so why change it. Ponders another moment while shivering and dripping, wraps towel around self and streaks to kitchen with the 1 liter cup I use for my rinse and searches for the ACV.

DH must have used it to cook with, it's in the pantry. Dash back to the shower, and continue as normal.

MonaLisa
March 9th, 2012, 07:01 AM
When on a non-busy day, you bring your hair scissors to work to S&D like a maniac, because light at work shows all splits, and you just can't get yourself to use paper scissors on your hair :D Sigh, my eyes hurt already!!

Venefica
March 10th, 2012, 01:26 AM
When the hair stick you are wearing is worth more than the entire rest of your outfit.

Dark Queen
March 10th, 2012, 03:15 PM
When you go to relive yourself and you have to check that you have not accidentally dropped your ponytail in the bowl before you start to go about your natural needs.

I know I've said this before, but when you keep an "emergency" hair toy in the bathroom for this exact reason.:o

Clem_Dela
March 10th, 2012, 03:27 PM
When bleach scares you...

When you spot a new shampoo in the store, and before purchasing, go home and google unfamiliar ingredients, or better yet, post a question on LHC!

When you hate seeing straight hair when you can see that it is very thick and would normally be full of gorgeous curls. And the owner of that hair probably thinks they look terrible... Thank you LHC for being full of proud curlies!

VikingVampChick
March 10th, 2012, 04:19 PM
When the hair stick you are wearing is worth more than the entire rest of your outfit.

:thud:

long&blonde
March 10th, 2012, 04:47 PM
You are Not on LHC and you google a question of something you're interested in. (Rita Coolidge, Peggy Lipton, Crystal Gayle:today, have they cut their hair?)
You get your answer:and its taken you To LHC!

long&blonde
March 10th, 2012, 04:52 PM
"When the hairstick you are wearing cost more than the whole outfit"
Ha ha! How I can relate to That!
And the looks we get for our hairsticks!
Sometimes I think our hair toys are most appreciated by
Fellow LHC-ers!

long&blonde
March 10th, 2012, 04:56 PM
You realize "no wonder I wear my hair like I do", when you see pictures of your 35 year ago hair heros.
Peggy Lipton, Rita Coolidge.
You laugh thinking you wear your hair like your heros of 3 decades ago:now.

Alvrodul
March 10th, 2012, 05:33 PM
... if you spend days planning what hairtoy to wear, and what updo to go with it - and 5 minutes picking your outfit.

whitedove
March 10th, 2012, 06:25 PM
When you discover the pencil your holding is a hairstick and the pencil is in your hair...:rolleyes:

Hairitic
March 10th, 2012, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by Venefica

LOL :applause
Actually, when I think about it, it's "When any ONE of my hair toys is worth more than any one of my outfits"!

Tells ya just what's important to me :p

Miss Catrina
March 10th, 2012, 07:29 PM
When you feel guilty for shampooing two days in a row.

holothuroidea
March 10th, 2012, 07:37 PM
When you feel guilty for shampooing two days in a row.

This!!!

My hair is short and I get scalp acne so I really can't help it but I still think, "when these ends are 6 years old..."

EdG
March 10th, 2012, 09:10 PM
Today, the supermarket announced that it is cheese week.

All I could think of was LHC. :cheese:
Ed

The-Young-Maid
March 10th, 2012, 09:11 PM
You have a nightmare about cutting your hair off and wake up in a panic... >.>

That keeps happening to me... WL to bob! :bigeyes: with layers!

PixxieStix
March 10th, 2012, 09:22 PM

:D :D :D Yup.

The first thing you notice about the 10 or so year old patient one operatory over is that, especially for her age, she has the THICKEST braid I have EVER seen in real life! And when I point it out to my classmate, she looks at me like I'm crazy and laughs.

Nedertane
March 10th, 2012, 10:41 PM
When you have 3 BBBs: a dry brush, an oily brush and a travel brush (that is to remain dry, but can be used to spread the oils). I am ridiculous.

Rosethorn
March 11th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Today, the supermarket announced that it is cheese week.

All I could think of was LHC. :cheese:
Ed

Cheese week! That's so awesome.:D

Clem_Dela
March 12th, 2012, 08:45 PM
When your new henna hair hue is a major factor during shopping sprees for clothes... :)

Hairitic
March 13th, 2012, 07:42 PM
When your new henna hair hue is a major factor during shopping sprees for clothes... :)

LOL, Been there! :p

Vanilla
March 13th, 2012, 07:49 PM
When you also have a spare spin pin in your purse, in addition to the hair elastic that's always around your wrist.

Miss Catrina
March 13th, 2012, 08:00 PM
You like growing out dye because your roots let you know your hair is growing.

VikingVampChick
March 13th, 2012, 08:32 PM
You like growing out dye because your roots let you know your hair is growing.

I second this :cheese:

Great way to time henna applications, too : little greys visible again = HENNA TIME!

(picture Snoopy happy-dancing)

Alvrodul
March 17th, 2012, 02:11 PM
... if you have more hair stuff in your freezer than actual food! :p
(It is temporary - I am planning to do some serious cooking this weekend!) :D

Jimothea
March 17th, 2012, 02:58 PM
When you're S&Ding while reading this thread and you think, "Fairy knots, hmmm...wonder if my back layers are long enough for those yet. Better check." And then you do, and bam, there's one, and you snip it with your scizzors, terribly excited that the back layers are finally long enough to pull over your head...

When all the neighborhood kids call you the "Braid Lady" and show up right as your shift ends so you can do their hair. And their mothers' don't even think this is odd anymore...

When your friends come up to you with a yoga magazine, brandish a phot of a model with a funky braid/bun/updo and ask "Will this stay in for chopping wood?" And next thing you know you've got her tipped upside down with BBB in her hand and two hairsticks in your own as you try to figure it out....

Miss Catrina
March 17th, 2012, 06:44 PM
If you seriously consider bringing a jar of peanut butter with you on a one night trip, because you're hoping eating it every day will hep your hair grow.

Hairitic
March 18th, 2012, 10:41 AM
You take your silk pillowcase or sleepcap with you when you go on trips overnight ;)

lostchyld
March 18th, 2012, 11:00 AM
You take your silk pillowcase or sleepcap with you when you go on trips overnight ;)

When you keep a spare sleep cap or pillowcase in your travel bag so that you have one when you forget to pack it.

When you dream that not only do you have ankle length, healthy hair, but you also are on LHC in your dreams.

Hollyfire3
March 18th, 2012, 07:41 PM

Lol, take BUNCHES of hair stuff with me EVERYWHERE, but i take my pillows with me where ever i go, only because i LOVE them..and their not silk....sadly.......actually, not sadly, i LOVE them and don't WANT them to be silk.......they wouldn't be as comforatable if they were..........

AnqeIicDemise
March 18th, 2012, 07:44 PM
When you're S&Ding while reading this thread and you think, "Fairy knots, hmmm...wonder if my back layers are long enough for those yet. Better check." And then you do, and bam, there's one, and you snip it with your scizzors, terribly excited that the back layers are finally long enough to pull over your head...

When all the neighborhood kids call you the "Braid Lady" and show up right as your shift ends so you can do their hair. And their mothers' don't even think this is odd anymore...

When your friends come up to you with a yoga magazine, brandish a phot of a model with a funky braid/bun/updo and ask "Will this stay in for chopping wood?" And next thing you know you've got her tipped upside down with BBB in her hand and two hairsticks in your own as you try to figure it out....

Haha! This is awesome.

Are fairy knots knots on a single strand of hair?

Oh, here's another: You know you're an LHCr when you're permanently logged in on your computer, hubby's laptop AND your cell phone since you're bound to have one or the other through out the day.

Hollyfire3
March 18th, 2012, 07:57 PM
You realize "no wonder I wear my hair like I do", when you see pictures of your 35 year ago hair heros.
Peggy Lipton, Rita Coolidge.
You laugh thinking you wear your hair like your heros of 3 decades ago:now.

I wear my hair like my hero, Holly Marie Combs (Piper on Charmed) NOW, lol, at least i HOPE i do....i TRY to, but with the current issues (picky picky damaged hair) makes it hard, but ONE day...I WILL......completely!

Carrie Ingalls
March 18th, 2012, 08:03 PM
...you almost always first consider giving people gifts that are hair related (combs, brushes, toys, etc.)

LornaDoone
March 18th, 2012, 09:30 PM
You are in the middle of cooking dinner and realize you are out of vegetable oil. . .so you head to the bathroom for some coconut oil. :p

gthlvrmx
March 18th, 2012, 09:50 PM
When you see a long hair in public and tell your best friend "this is soo going on LHC!"

Dark Queen
March 19th, 2012, 01:29 AM
"When the hairstick you are wearing cost more than the whole outfit"
Ha ha! How I can relate to That!
And the looks we get for our hairsticks!
Sometimes I think our hair toys are most appreciated by
Fellow LHC-ers!

Shirt: $3
Pants: $12
Ficcare: $40
Knowing you've been on LHC too long: priceless :cheese:

sfgirl
March 19th, 2012, 02:22 AM
You go on a fifteen minute giddy talk to your BF about how happy you are they are selling scrunchies at American Apparel and that they're back in style! And you convince him to buy you caruso curlers. :)

MasCat
March 19th, 2012, 06:43 AM
When you make a bowl of avocado salad and propose toshare with your SO and he says
"I thought it was for your hair" XD

Hairitic
March 19th, 2012, 02:32 PM
When you make a bowl of avocado salad and propose toshare with your SO and he says

I did make for my hair :p!
I just made enough for us to eat as well :D

AnqeIicDemise
March 19th, 2012, 04:18 PM
When your husband pours the rest of the olive oil into the serving bottle in the kitchen and you tell him in a rather irritated tone "Olive oil is not for cooking, its for my face and hair."

He thought he'd be sneaky and take the bottle out of the bathroom and use that for cooking. Grr.

lostchyld
March 19th, 2012, 08:00 PM
When all you remember of last night's dream is your gorgeous, terminal length hair and the terror you felt when you weren't sure if the bad guy was going to harm you or your hair... Not the hair, please. I have story dreams, so there's always a bad guy and I keep arm wrestling the dream so I can keep the hair. Take the prince, I want my hair.

And, a day later, you still are disappointed when you look in the mirror that your hair isn't really as long as you dreamed.:pins:

bettylibertine
March 20th, 2012, 12:50 AM
When you're in the shower and your wet hair plasters itself to your back so well that you can't move your head until you shuffle back under the water to get it off. Seriously uncomfortable!

Hairitic
March 21st, 2012, 01:23 PM
When you're in the shower and your wet hair plasters itself to your back so well that you can't move your head until you shuffle back under the water to get it off. Seriously uncomfortable!

Happens all the time :cool: Just a matter of course now :p :poot:

Rosethorn
March 21st, 2012, 02:27 PM
Yes! All the time. :o

caadam
March 21st, 2012, 11:55 PM
.... When watching a friend or a stranger brush their hair, you wince every time you hear hairs snapping one after another, because it causes actual, if just slight, pain in your ears and heart.

When you roll your eyes as someone says, "Your hair is NOT clean unless you shampoo and condition every day! GUH," because you know that after being in LHC for long enough, that is far from the truth for most people.

When you find yourself rambling to someone about your new hair routine, not thinking until later that you might've came off strange and kind of gross talking about not having used any products, including shampoo and conditioner, for almost two weeks. Huh... OH WELL :D

When you're patiently explaining to someone that dying their hair regularly with industry strength hair dye isn't actually solving their oily scalp issue but making it worse, though give up when they act like you know nothing, even though they've actually know nothing beyond what they've been doing to their hair themselves. *sigh*

When you get annoyed after someone tells you to cut your hair and donate it, even more so when they try and tell you you're only being selfish. However, feeling some satisfaction when they go quiet after you tell them what kind of hair CAN be used for wigs, and that you wouldn't be a good candidate for donation anyway. BWAHAHA

When you realize you have only one bottle of shampoo that hasn't been touched for months yet have gone through a family sized bottle of conditioner in a month, and still have three more hiding under your sink.

When you find yourself actually knowing how to adapt a basic hair routine to someone's hair type, lifestyle, and hair product choices!

When you DO actually find yourself quietly examining the girl's waist-length hair next to you and notice that even though it was pretty from afar, it's actually riddled with split ends. And thus, you are tempted to kindly suggest she could do with a trim, but afraid you might offend her. lol

When you suggest to someone that they try CO washing, only to have them give you this look: o______o Ugh, you mean wash my hair with just conditioner? Conditioner can't wash your hair!

...and I thought this generation was meant to be ACCEPTING and TOLERANT of different ways of living. :rolleyes: Selectively, I guess.

ANYWAY

When someone compliments your hair and asks how you got it to be so nice, then hesitate in telling them. LOL ;)

When you tell someone that they can probably get rid of their oiliness by stretching out their washes, and when they freak out about having oily hair, you are unnerved by it.

When you find a YT video that shows "Different ways to wash you hair (even though a lot of those ways are sketchy and damaging)," then read the comments which are littered with people raging mindlessly about how only shampooing is going to clean hair, and in response you revolt by putting up a kind comment about how you are WO and your hair is clean and has never been happier. lol

When you're on the bus, you don't flip out when the girl in front of you accidentally flips their hair onto your book, and just push the hair away. :D

When you watch a YT hair tutorial and the girl brushing her hair says, "*le sigh* I know, my hair is soooo long, you guys *rips through just-part-shoulders hair with plastic brush*," and all you can do is gape in horror.

cwarren
March 22nd, 2012, 12:52 AM

LOL! My dbf does this ALL the time! He doesn't want to use the olive oil to cook because "it might be for your hair" and every time I make a smoothie and offer him some he asks if it will make his hair grow too! :D

Carrie Ingalls
March 22nd, 2012, 09:19 AM
...you are able to answer questions about hair toys and hair tools while still half asleep.

sibiryachka
March 22nd, 2012, 11:47 AM
...When a) you are the person your brother-in-law consults first for advice on what to do about his worsening dandruff, and b) your advice works. :disco:

...When you are browsing at Sally, and the only other person in the store is explaining to the sales clerk about all the products she wants to try and specific hair issues she has, and after about 10 minutes she's at the register and you literally, physically cannot stop yourself from going up her and saying "I didn't mean to eavesdrop, but couldn't help overhearing. There's this website called LHC, and it's your new best friend." Both the customer and the clerk noted it! That was the first time I've ever pimped us like that.

XcaliburGirl
April 18th, 2012, 01:03 PM
You know someone with a last name that ends in "cone" and you have a vague feeling of apprehension whenever you read it.

Maiken
April 18th, 2012, 01:25 PM
When you spend your evenik with your hair soaked in coconutmilk and wrapped in plastic.. My cat was drinking some of the coconut milk left in the can (crazy cat:rolleyes:) and got it in his fur. My first thought was "Maybe it will be god for his fur"..

Clem_Dela
April 18th, 2012, 09:24 PM
if you read the ingredients on a free sample of a shampoo given to you in the bookstore... in front of everyone looking like a weirdo o_O hahaha

Clem_Dela
April 25th, 2012, 11:15 AM
If you buy a band tee only to realize your hair covers all of the tour dates on the back with inches to spare...

If this legitimately encourages you to put your hair in a bun for the day!

door72067
April 25th, 2012, 11:23 AM
when any herb, oil or tea that crosses your path makes you wonder what it might do for your hair

gogirlanime
April 25th, 2012, 11:31 AM
.... When watching a friend or a stranger brush their hair, you wince every time you hear hairs snapping one after another, because it causes actual, if just slight, pain in your ears and heart.

When you roll your eyes as someone says, "Your hair is NOT clean unless you shampoo and condition every day! GUH," because you know that after being in LHC for long enough, that is far from the truth for most people.

When you find yourself rambling to someone about your new hair routine, not thinking until later that you might've came off strange and kind of gross talking about not having used any products, including shampoo and conditioner, for almost two weeks. Huh... OH WELL :D

When you're patiently explaining to someone that dying their hair regularly with industry strength hair dye isn't actually solving their oily scalp issue but making it worse, though give up when they act like you know nothing, even though they've actually know nothing beyond what they've been doing to their hair themselves. *sigh*

When you get annoyed after someone tells you to cut your hair and donate it, even more so when they try and tell you you're only being selfish. However, feeling some satisfaction when they go quiet after you tell them what kind of hair CAN be used for wigs, and that you wouldn't be a good candidate for donation anyway. BWAHAHA

When you realize you have only one bottle of shampoo that hasn't been touched for months yet have gone through a family sized bottle of conditioner in a month, and still have three more hiding under your sink.

When you find yourself actually knowing how to adapt a basic hair routine to someone's hair type, lifestyle, and hair product choices!

When you DO actually find yourself quietly examining the girl's waist-length hair next to you and notice that even though it was pretty from afar, it's actually riddled with split ends. And thus, you are tempted to kindly suggest she could do with a trim, but afraid you might offend her. lol

When you suggest to someone that they try CO washing, only to have them give you this look: o______o Ugh, you mean wash my hair with just conditioner? Conditioner can't wash your hair!

...and I thought this generation was meant to be ACCEPTING and TOLERANT of different ways of living. :rolleyes: Selectively, I guess.

ANYWAY

When someone compliments your hair and asks how you got it to be so nice, then hesitate in telling them. LOL ;)

When you tell someone that they can probably get rid of their oiliness by stretching out their washes, and when they freak out about having oily hair, you are unnerved by it.

When you find a YT video that shows "Different ways to wash you hair (even though a lot of those ways are sketchy and damaging)," then read the comments which are littered with people raging mindlessly about how only shampooing is going to clean hair, and in response you revolt by putting up a kind comment about how you are WO and your hair is clean and has never been happier. lol

When you're on the bus, you don't flip out when the girl in front of you accidentally flips their hair onto your book, and just push the hair away. :D

When you watch a YT hair tutorial and the girl brushing her hair says, "*le sigh* I know, my hair is soooo long, you guys *rips through just-part-shoulders hair with plastic brush*," and all you can do is gape in horror.

hahah I think this was more of a vent :agape: lol really funny though :D and true

Mine:

When you co-worker tries to "tell you like it is" by "knowing a lot about hair growth" even though she's never been on LHC or studied intensely for a year like I have and says, "to grow your hair long you should trim it every 6 weeks" :rolleyes: and what is a "trim" 1/2 an inch, IDIOT you just cut of basically what you grew, doing that, you get 1 1/2 of length added to you at the end of the year at 1/2 an inch of growth per month... stupid... :rant: Trimming is important but not a salon trim every 6 weeks. Doing 2-3 1/4" or 1-2 1/2" trims yourself a year is what should be done to get good growth and to prevent damage.

You Know You are a LHC when... you talk to people all the time about hair and how you can get it really long.

You Know You are a LHC when... putting oil for healing horse wounds in your hair is normal, or catnip, or vinegar.

You Know You are a LHC when... Washing, cleaning and clarifying are three different things

You Know You are a LHC when... You know that most of the hair/cosmetic companies are full of lies.

You Know You are a LHC when... eating spoonfuls of powdered fossil shells (DE), peanut butter, molasses, and fish oil on a daily basis is a normal thing