PDA

View Full Version : You know you're an LHC-er if...

Pages : 1 [2]

dragonmyst
April 25th, 2012, 12:41 PM
When anytime anyone in your writer chat discussing/wails about hair issues you send them here to LHC. When you go to a private chat room to discuss hair issues so you won't chase other people out of the chat.

When you compliment someone on their gorgeous waist length hair and they admit that they are thinking about cutting it and you tell them to go to LHC and wait two weeks before cutting it.

When at least two of your friends and one family member opens an account at LHC to get you to stop telling them to go there...

**coughs**

Merlin
April 26th, 2012, 06:51 AM
I've got 2.

1) When you're watching a cartoon with your offspring and you notice one of the minor characters is wearing a half-up with hairsticks

2) When you turn over for 'Apprentice, you're fired' after a female candidate has been fired and the main thing you wonder is what the candidate has done with her hair! Side-note for UK folks, when s'rallen fires 'bridal shop owner Laura' they ought to be able to do something really pretty with her's - unless of course she's had it cut off (gulp)

Micayla47
April 26th, 2012, 09:50 AM
when your close girlfriend talks about cutting her naturally red, wavy, waist-length hair into a more "modern" do and you threaten to take her eyes out with a hot poker if she goes through with it :pins::scissors::smack::boxer::hatchet:

Singinghoneybee
April 29th, 2012, 01:40 PM
You are in church and have mentally extended the hair of the girl sitting if front of you because she has your hair type and you want to know what it will look like when you reach your target length.

palaeoqueen
May 5th, 2012, 05:46 PM
I'm only a long hair mentally not physically so far ;) but I've noticed that I'm already starting to think of shoulder length - APL hair as being really quite short whereas before LHC I'd probably have considered that to be getting long-ish. I'm enjoying my changing perceptions, it's fun :D

elanrach
May 5th, 2012, 10:28 PM
When other people are afraid to hug or get near you because you have double point knitting needles in your bun.

When you buy double point knitting needles, and you're shocked when the cashier asks you if you knit (That's what they're for?...just kidding)

When anyone compliments you on your routine, you go into detail about your ACV rinse, or coconut oil treatment.

When you go to bed sad, because you just shut down the computer and realized you hadn't posted that day's hairstyle, or hadn't been on LHC.

HumanBean
May 6th, 2012, 12:06 AM
When you are watching the first summer blockbuster at the movies and notice an extra - an extra! - in a crowd scene is wearing hairsticks in her updo.

gogirlanime
May 6th, 2012, 02:16 AM
when your close girlfriend talks about cutting her naturally red, wavy, waist-length hair into a more "modern" do and you threaten to take her eyes out with a hot poker if she goes through with it :pins::scissors::smack::boxer::hatchet:

aaaaaaaaaah GOD everything about her hair is what I want, waist and red (I must honey, lemon, and henna my hair to get that) god forbid I hope she hasn't tell her my expression too.

Clem_Dela
May 6th, 2012, 01:26 PM
when you feel a lump, think your phone is under you in bed, and find it only to discover it's the end of your braid...

dani18
May 6th, 2012, 01:50 PM
When you feel like waist lengt hair is short.

Hairitic
May 6th, 2012, 02:01 PM
When you feel like waist lengt hair is short.

LOL, my hair is just reaching waist now and I'm starting to think it's just tooooo short!

einna
May 6th, 2012, 05:28 PM
When you catch yourself in the act of gently petting your braid tassel, smiling to yourself, while admiring the softness of the ends and the healthy shine from a fresh oiling.

When hair is one of your big motivations for exercising and eating healthy...

lolot
May 6th, 2012, 06:27 PM
when you get mad with your boyfriend when he pulls for the fourth time you hair accidentally ;)

Vanilla
May 6th, 2012, 07:52 PM
when you download a hair growth audio application on your iphone to play at night!

whitebengal
May 6th, 2012, 07:53 PM
When you decide to make your own hairsticks! It's very fun! :D

Tabihito
May 6th, 2012, 09:46 PM
When you stay at a male friend's house and forget to bring a hairbrush, ponytail holder, or pins of any sort... so you ask for a pencil and proceed to brush your hair with your fingers and get it up into a passable nautilus bun regardless.

VikingVampChick
May 6th, 2012, 10:15 PM
when you download a hair growth audio application on your iphone to play at night!

What app? Please :)

Clem_Dela
May 6th, 2012, 11:44 PM
when you come home feeling sad, and instead of digging into ice cream to make it better you consider putting eggs in your hair...

Dragon Faery
May 7th, 2012, 12:57 AM
when you come home feeling sad, and instead of digging into ice cream to make it better you consider putting eggs in your hair...

Haha, this one made me laugh!

When you're scanning your TV program guide and "AVC-something" comes up on the list, and you wonder what on earth they could possibly have to say about Apple Cider Vinegar that would take an entire hour of programming...

Tisiloves
June 1st, 2012, 05:44 PM
When you whack your post-swim DT on, throw on a shower cap, cover it with a hat and take the dog for a walk (past all the people having Friday night drinks because I'm getting him used to crowds).

julierockhead
June 1st, 2012, 06:09 PM
When you start experimenting on your kid's hair with SMT's and oil mixtures and leave ins, because your own hair is just not enough stimulation anymore.

TheLuckyLurker
June 1st, 2012, 07:23 PM
When you find yourself buying knitting needles and yarn -and you have no interest in knitting.

DayDreamerDani
June 1st, 2012, 07:36 PM
When you look at anything and all you see is hair!!!!!! Bushes, straw, hay, grass, broom, etc etc. Hair hair hair

julierockhead
June 1st, 2012, 08:01 PM
When you see a Wen infomercial and star giggling insanely.

caadam
June 1st, 2012, 09:38 PM

This. LOL Totally, haha.

MandyBeth
June 1st, 2012, 09:52 PM

DH saw the infomercial. Claims if the guy is using the product, it's a horrible review.

AlleyKitten
June 2nd, 2012, 01:39 AM
When the first step in making coconut milk caramels is grabbing the can of coconut milk out of the bathroom!

SnowWhite
June 2nd, 2012, 06:43 AM
when... you're airdrying your hair and get vexed and like "are you crazy?? :disgust: " when your brother tells you you should dry it with a towel...

Suze2012
June 2nd, 2012, 07:19 AM
When you get strange looks and comments from people when you leave the house with wet hair....four years of it and I still don't care! lol!

PolarCathy
June 2nd, 2012, 07:19 AM
When you find yourself buying knitting needles and yarn -and you have no interest in knitting.

Same, well, almost - chopsticks. (And you have no idea how to use them "the proper way". Or metal letter openers (DH yesterday when saw me eBaying: "so you'll open your e-mails with that?")

l'inconnue
June 2nd, 2012, 02:13 PM
When you get invited to a formal event, and your first thought is, "Oh! What will I do with my hair?" When everyone else is more excited about dresses, makeup, etc. It's all about priorities! ;)

HintOfMint
June 2nd, 2012, 02:24 PM
When your inspiration for long hair stops coming from (modern) Bollywood movies and Kim Kardashian and starts coming from this forum.

HintOfMint
June 2nd, 2012, 02:25 PM
When you get invited to a formal event, and your first thought is, "Oh! What will I do with my hair?" When everyone else is more excited about dresses, makeup, etc. It's all about priorities! ;)

Ooh, special occasions are when I feel like being bad and breaking LHC rules. Haha, they're the occasions when I allow myself to have a proper blowout from a salon.

Rosethorn
June 2nd, 2012, 02:32 PM
When you're on LHC and you follow somebody's link to a youtube tutorial for an updo and then spend the next 3 hours looking at hair videos before returning to LHC. This is a massive timesuck but I can't stop doing it. :)

Guenever
June 2nd, 2012, 03:02 PM
...when you have a tendency to spend your hard-earned money on hair sticks from etsy even though you're in dire need of a second pair of jeans..

...when you keep a bottle of EVOO in the kitchen.... and a second one in the bathroom.

...when the smell of vinegar is actually starting to grow on you..

Tapioca
June 2nd, 2012, 06:56 PM
When you start experimenting on your kid's hair with SMT's and oil mixtures and leave ins, because your own hair is just not enough stimulation anymore.

I henna'd Cricket's hair once, and now she won't let me do treatments to her because she hates sitting with plastic wrap on her head!

Heatherzilla
June 2nd, 2012, 09:37 PM
You're still surprised everytime you manage to slam your hair in the car door.

I managed to cut a small chunk of hair off while shaving my underarms yesterday. My hair still doesn't feel long so I'm constantly amazed my hair is long enough to manage stupid stuff like that.

Tasare
June 2nd, 2012, 10:42 PM
Well I know I haven't been here long but...

A few nights ago I had a nightmare that I was doing some S&D and accidentally cut a large chunk of hair off and was going to have to give myself a haircut of several inches to even it out! Ugh... lately I'm so worried that I will do this or that my hair will get caught in something and ripped out. :scared:

sisi33
June 2nd, 2012, 11:38 PM
You argue with the television about it's commercials- because they LIE to you!

julierockhead
June 3rd, 2012, 11:45 AM
The people you are talking to start backing off...and you realize that you have been talking about your hair routine. Again. And those people are your family.

GRU
June 6th, 2012, 01:10 PM
You feel a tickle on your thigh as you put on your underwear and reach down to pull off the shed hair, only to discover it's actually an unraveled thread! I've gotten so used to it that I just ASSUMED it was a shed hair -- I think I'm officially a longhair! :lol:

einna
June 6th, 2012, 04:54 PM
You pull out the sofa pillows when cleaning, and find no more than 4 hair things.. (hair fork, two hair pins and a scrunchie).

sibiryachka
June 7th, 2012, 11:48 AM
When you see your MIL pulling a long hair out of the bag the bread is in, and all you can think is "Well, thank goodness I managed not to bake it into the bread itself".

SerinaDaith
June 7th, 2012, 02:58 PM
When you are watching TV, or out in public and the first thing you see on a person is hair length, like oh that's an APL, or wow I hope I can get my hair down to Classic like she has hers. Or you dislike your long hair having friends who don't have to do anything special and just have such long thick beautiful hair because you know that to get past your usual cut it and give up length you will have to exhibit self control and some serious hair tlc.

julierockhead
June 9th, 2012, 10:52 PM
When your hair is the real reason your diet and supplementation routine has improved drastically.

When you consider becoming vegetarian again to save on groceries, so you can splurge on the hair toys you have favorited on etsy.

After seeing and hearing someone roughly brush wet tangled hair, you feel their hair's pain, and it bothers you for days.

Tisiloves
June 13th, 2012, 09:21 PM
You've gotten so good at stretching washes you're not quite sure when you washed you hair (I think it was Sunday).

julierockhead
June 14th, 2012, 08:00 PM
When you go to TLHC before your email, before FB, before Twitter, even before you get your coffee.

patienceneeded
June 14th, 2012, 08:05 PM
When you go to TLHC before your email, before FB, before Twitter, even before you get your coffee.

LOL! Total agreement here!

You talk to your 5-year old about protective hairstyles.

Amygirl8
June 14th, 2012, 08:15 PM
When you and your friends are talking about hair products, and you mention something about silicones or sulphates and stuff like that, and they all look at you like :poot:
That cracks me up every time XD

Yay for hair knowledge! :cheese:

Kittykins
June 14th, 2012, 08:32 PM
You talk your long haired metal head boyfriend into letting you do a deep treatment on him.

Your sock bun spits out a bun pin in the middle of doing tests for getting into a course and you have to stop and put it back in.

You find out that your course is 4 days a week and decide to make Friday your hair pampering day.

You have an outfit you only wear for hennaing.

Ephemeral
June 15th, 2012, 10:04 AM
You click on a hairstyle video and have to click out because the girl is backcombing and teasing her hair before she puts it up.

dollyfish
June 15th, 2012, 10:27 AM
...when you buy several tubes of monistat and a hand mirror and don't even realize why everyone else in line is looking uncomfortable.

:eyebrows:

Dragon Faery
June 16th, 2012, 01:56 AM
...when you buy several tubes of monistat and a hand mirror and don't even realize why everyone else in line is looking uncomfortable.

LOL

...When you see monistat in the feminine care section and vaguely wonder why it isn't with the hair care products...

Pecheresse
June 16th, 2012, 02:24 AM
when you take pride in making your very own shampoos, conditioners, and other hair related goodies.

Hairitic
June 16th, 2012, 09:14 AM

ROTFLMAO :rollin::rollin:

Tisiloves
June 23rd, 2012, 02:28 PM
You buy out the poundshop's entire stock of old formula conditioner and realise it's not even a year's supply.

Shiranshoku
June 23rd, 2012, 02:46 PM
You do a happy dance at the apothecary because your shampoo turns out to be 'cone free! :cheese:
And I'm still a newbie :p

GoblinTart
June 23rd, 2012, 04:17 PM
When you watch a family member do their hair and cringe.
When your sister complains about dandruff, dryness, tangles, you take a look. No dryness at all. No tangles. But hey! Let me go.fix you a.potion for that dandruff! I'll be right back!
When a friend gets a haircut, and you mourn for them. Even if it looks totally awesome.

carolinaberry
June 24th, 2012, 08:10 PM
You click on a hairstyle video and have to click out because the girl is backcombing and teasing her hair before she puts it up.

Haha. So, I'm not the only one! I cringe when I see this-even before I joined LHC I thought backcombing was a BAD idea.

anime_length
June 24th, 2012, 08:13 PM
when you see a woman at the grocery store with her hair up in a nice, easy bun and wonder if she's on LHC too...

Dovetail
June 24th, 2012, 08:19 PM
You sit at the bar with your husband totally ignoring him and instead mentally typing the hair of other girls who walk by xD my poor hubby. He finally got sick of me muttering "do you suppose she's a 2a or a 1c..hm.." and slinked off to play pool "like a man!"

CurlyCurves
June 24th, 2012, 10:55 PM
you look at EVERYONE'S hair and analyse it.

Oh, and your Auntie, whose a hairdresser and has more experience than you've been alive, comes to you for advice.

And you're irritated by the fact that her hair is extremely damaged, but she won't BC because she doesn't want short hair.

Oh, and I am CONSTANTLY hair typing strangers.

ETA; and the lengths!

MagicAndMayhem
June 24th, 2012, 11:24 PM
You're walking through the supermarket and notice a hair stuck to your foot. It's not your hair but it appears long, so instead of being grossed out, you hold it up to your root to see how long it is. It goes down to your waist and you're impressed! And then you sadly wish that hair had fallen from your own head. :(

winteriscoming
June 25th, 2012, 12:04 AM
You're babysitting your 3 year old nephew and he accidentally pulls out one of your hairs and the first thought that pops into your head is that hundreds of hairs were ripped out!:rolleyes:

truepeacenik
June 25th, 2012, 12:04 AM
You pluck a bit of driftwood because it would make a great hairstick on Ketylo lines.

Zindell
June 25th, 2012, 04:31 AM
... you ask assorted family members to take pictures of you from behind.

prettykitty
June 25th, 2012, 04:43 AM
You give your hair a cold water rinse... In the middle of winter. Yeahhhhh.

ariesfairies
June 25th, 2012, 09:45 AM
When you get excited finding a LHC'er on Youtube during a random video browse D:

CurlyCurves
June 25th, 2012, 09:47 AM
You give your hair a cold water rinse... In the middle of winter. Yeahhhhh.

I know, right?!!? I miss the old days of haircare ignorance when I'd just lie back in my bathwater and rinse my hair that way. I hate having to rinse my hair with cold water, it just seems like a hassle. But I do it anyway :D

sibiryachka
June 25th, 2012, 11:24 AM
...When it's bedtime, and your hair is loose, and you think "Oh, just this once I can sleep with it loose"... Because DBF is already asleep and you don't want to risk waking him looking in the bedroom for an elastic, because you just tidied up that day and for a change all the elastics actually are in the bedroom... But you just can't make yourself do it, so you end up using a strip of fabric from the project you're working on to tie off your braid.

RileyJane
June 25th, 2012, 12:03 PM
when youre at work but you end up taking a measuring tape and checking to see how long your hair is now... :p

Dragon Faery
June 25th, 2012, 02:59 PM
You're walking through the supermarket and notice a hair stuck to your foot. It's not your hair but it appears long, so instead of being grossed out, you hold it up to your root to see how long it is. It goes down to your waist and you're impressed! And then you sadly wish that hair had fallen from your own head. :(

:rollin: there's a new one!

When you get excited finding a LHC'er on Youtube during a random video browse D:

Haha, totally!

CurlyCurves
June 25th, 2012, 05:56 PM
You go round to your Auntie's to move your stuff in and end up sitting there for half an hour, making her measure your hair and take pictures, then you make her measure the planets on your back so you know how far you've got to go :p

By the way, you make her miss the whole of Eastenders because of this.

afu
June 25th, 2012, 05:59 PM
...when it's shearing season and the wool pegs look very appealing as hair sticks..!

Tisiloves
July 8th, 2012, 10:14 AM
...you get incredibly annoyed that online haircare product sellers don't list the ingredients.

DaniVerde
July 8th, 2012, 10:47 AM
....a chain bargain store that you visit has your favorite conditioner on major sale, so you go prepared to buy tons. They only have 1 bottle, so you think nothing of driving to their next closest location two towns away. And then you proceed to buy 16 bottles :p

GoldberryHair
July 8th, 2012, 06:43 PM
When some hair accidently gets caught in the microwave door and don't notice until you smell it burning -_-'

CurlyCurves
July 8th, 2012, 07:36 PM
When you literally assess EVERYONE'S hair and length - stranger or not.

AnqeIicDemise
July 8th, 2012, 07:56 PM
When a friend of yours who is getting married asks you to do her wedding hair because she's always admired your updos from afar.

You're also an LHC-er when you come to find out that your hair has fangirls at your husband's work place.

MandyBeth
July 8th, 2012, 08:03 PM
When buying hair toys to help kitties is normal and your hubby doesn't even blink.

When you buy your 7 year old a $20 hair fork and your hubby goes "It's cheaper than her earrings. "

I think I've corrupted my husband.

Viola88
July 9th, 2012, 02:39 PM
You go to your dermatologist to have some spots on your scalp looked at. He thinks it's sun damage and wants to biopsy.

As he cuts away parts of your scalp, you see the nurse grab the samples and all the hair attached to the samples. Your first thought isn't "gee, I really hope that it's not cancer" but "holy cow, doc, you just cut off a lot of hair!"

Demi-Plum
July 9th, 2012, 02:41 PM
No question when I'm watching a move and thinking look at all that damage!!!

Tisiloves
July 9th, 2012, 05:32 PM
...you pre-wash oil your face.

Puertoricangirl
July 10th, 2012, 12:34 AM
When you look at the back of food labels to see how much protein, vitamins, and folic acid they have to enhance hair health.

GRU
July 10th, 2012, 10:21 AM
When you finally get around to watching the movie The Help and you spend the whole time scoffing at the fact that Skeeter's hair is *always* perfect, no sign of frizz, curl all the way to the roots, etc. In the one scene where her hair was mangled from riding to town in the truck, even that wasn't realistic -- her hair would have been frizzy, but even curlier and much bigger due to the humidity, not straighter and thinner-looking! :rolleyes:

And when you watch the show Drop Dead Diva, you spend every Jane scene thinking that she could really use some oil and some CO-washing to take care of her dry-sticky-outy-bits.

Y'all have turned me into a hair snob! ;)

Kaelee
July 10th, 2012, 11:48 AM
You dread your next trim because even though you've been to this stylist a dozen times you're terrified that she'll take off too much by accident.

You notice the horse you are grooming has split ends.

MaryMarx
July 10th, 2012, 03:36 PM

Haha, best one! :disco:

Hosta
July 10th, 2012, 04:46 PM
When you want to cry because your niece says she uses a fine tooth comb on her daughters natural curly hair to get the rats out.

Hairitic
July 11th, 2012, 08:11 AM
When you want to cry because your niece says she uses a fine tooth comb on her daughters natural curly hair to get the rats out.

Better give said niece a Tangle Teezer or two :D
:disco:

neko_kawaii
July 15th, 2012, 11:10 PM
When your MIL sets a TV show to record so she can show you the pretty braid one of the characters was sporting. (It didn't record so I can't report on the style.)

Hollyfire3
July 15th, 2012, 11:17 PM
When your MIL sets a TV show to record so she can show you the pretty braid one of the characters was sporting. (It didn't record so I can't report on the style.)

You know you're a LHCer if you were EXCITED to hear of new style (i was!).

Neneka
August 2nd, 2012, 02:09 AM
If you collect hair for a rat and feel bad about hairs you "lose" when you have to wash your hair away from home.

Tisiloves
August 2nd, 2012, 02:39 AM
When you're delighted to find that you've remembered to put a hairband as well as poopbags in the dressing gown you wear to let the dog out first thing.

Alvrodul
August 2nd, 2012, 02:51 AM
... When you carefully comb and smooth your hair down your back and bum, so that you can see if you are able to sit on the ends.
Yay! Did it! And without tilting my head back, too! :cheer:

Dragon Faery
August 3rd, 2012, 05:31 AM
When you find out you might have to evacuate due to a nearby wildfire, and after packing up the essentials and irreplaceables, you pack all your favorite hairtoys and most expensive products.

Heatherzilla
August 4th, 2012, 01:19 AM
You spend over an hour trying to figure out who makes the aldi shampoo you used. It seems to be garnier if anyone was curious. =p

sharonluvscats
August 4th, 2012, 11:23 AM
You stretch out your wash another three days because you're waiting for your new hair oil to come in the mail.

heidi w.
August 4th, 2012, 12:04 PM
I got distracted by analyzing people's hair in this thread. What was the question?...

heidi w.

Venefica
August 4th, 2012, 12:14 PM
When you find a half used bottle of your favorite shampoo that they do not make anymore in the back of your mother's bathroom cabinets and you actually get a little teary eyed.

~honeyflower~
August 4th, 2012, 01:56 PM
You compare your hair to the pantene commercials.

floralgem
August 4th, 2012, 02:55 PM
When you get really excited if you see someone IRL with TB+ hair that is up to LHC standards

Ligeia_13
August 5th, 2012, 05:20 AM
...when you see the title of this 9gag post and imediately think Boar Bristle Brush :D

http://i50.tinypic.com/1y1jyg.jpg

Dragon Faery
August 5th, 2012, 05:35 AM
I got distracted by analyzing people's hair in this thread. What was the question?...

heidi w.

This made me laugh. :D

Venefica
August 5th, 2012, 05:38 AM
When you look at movies, especially fantasy movies with long haired heroines and think that no way would they be able to pull of those stunts with their hair loose, they need to braid or bun it, after all it will not do to get hair in one's magical fireball now will it. :)

Alvrodul
August 5th, 2012, 11:45 AM
... if you have a look at the hair products that didn't work out, and start considering what food recipes you can use them for!:D

domisimone
August 5th, 2012, 12:38 PM
When you don't cook, but come home bearing coconut oil often, and store it in the bathroom instead of the kitchen.
When you wonder if the Olympic Gymnasts' hairlines will fill back in, and if the swimmers all have chlorine damage.

PixxieStix
August 5th, 2012, 12:52 PM
... the main reason you manicure your nails and are obsessed with keeping your fingers free from any rough spots, etc., is because you don't want to worry about snagging or damaging your hair during detangling.

mallorykay13
August 5th, 2012, 03:32 PM
You create a tumblr just to track your progress and remember everything. Also, You know your BF has gotten into it when he WANTS to read said tumblr, is WO and can't wait for your hair to be classic length. :crush:

kitekats
August 5th, 2012, 03:59 PM
...You dream about having two inches cut, wake up, grab your hair and sigh, "Thank God!"

Spooky...That actually happened to me, only with 6 inches /oh, the horror:pumpkin:/

mallorykay13
August 5th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Spooky...That actually happened to me, only with 6 inches /oh, the horror:pumpkin:/

I once had a dream I went into a salon and they gave me a short chin length bob with tons of layers... :run:

Venefica
August 5th, 2012, 04:15 PM
When the first thing you do in the morning is decide what hairstick you will wear that day.

When you keep swimming in pools to a minimum in fear of damaging your hair with chlorine.

When you count the number of hairs left in your brush after you have brushed it for the day.

kitekats
August 5th, 2012, 04:26 PM
I managed to cut a small chunk of hair off while shaving my underarms yesterday. My hair still doesn't feel long so I'm constantly amazed my hair is long enough to manage stupid stuff like that.
That's common to me:p

domisimone
August 6th, 2012, 02:07 AM
When your mom goes on vacation and brings you hairsticks from Sedona!

domisimone
August 6th, 2012, 01:17 PM
You cry when "THE VIEW" has an episode about pixie cuts.

Dark Queen
August 7th, 2012, 01:03 AM
I'm watching "My strange Addiction" about a girl who eats nail polish, and all I can think of is how amazing her mom's hair looks :bigeyes:

neko_kawaii
August 7th, 2012, 10:14 AM
When you hear about cleaning vacuum rollers with a seam ripper and dash off to try it for yourself but discover that there are more threads and carpet fibers than hairs and hunt down the offending rug and throw it away so there is one less thing competing with your hair. j/k, well no I'm not. Yes. No. Uh hu. Nuh. (I am not an executive transvestite, I just channel one on occasion.)

Tisiloves
August 7th, 2012, 11:12 AM
If you freak out about the massive shed you're having, only to realise that it's just that your hair's now long enough that it folds over when brushed out.

(I am not an executive transvestite, I just channel one on occasion.)

Don't we all?

DarkCurls
August 7th, 2012, 11:26 AM
You go to the cinema to see Brave (which has only just come out in France) and...
- during the advertisements before the movie begins, you find yourself hairtyping the row in front of you (there were many 2a's).
- you look at a little girl with hip-length hair and try to judge how long it would be on you.
- your jaw drops when you see the length of Merida's mother's hair. :p

sharonluvscats
August 10th, 2012, 10:42 PM
You fall and twist your ankle and scrape up your skin and once the shock wears off, you worry about whether or not you messed up your braid.

Tisiloves
August 11th, 2012, 03:27 AM
when watching the disgusting abcess draiage video your friend sent (she's still trying to gross me out enough to admit that's why I didn't become a doctor), you admire how beautifully shiny and well defied the patient's curls are and wonder what his routine is.

Sarahlabyrinth
August 11th, 2012, 03:36 AM
When watching a TV programme and a character comes on and you are so busy hairtyping them you miss the important conversation upon which the plot hinges. And you can't rewind it to watch it again to catch the part you missed!

millyaulait
August 11th, 2012, 06:16 AM
Every person on the street or TV you automatically say to yourself if they are SL, APL, BSL, etc within a few seconds of seeing them.

mduggan
August 11th, 2012, 09:50 AM
.......you spend Saturday morning massaging a mixture of castor oil and avocado oil into your husband's scalp, then wrapping his head in saran wrap... then do the same for yourself......

sharonluvscats
August 11th, 2012, 09:53 AM
.......you spend Saturday morning massaging a mixture of castor oil and avocado oil into your husband's scalp, then wrapping his head in saran wrap... then do the same for yourself......

That's so cool. My bf won't let me do that he thinks all the hair oil stuff is gross. :(

Tristania
August 11th, 2012, 09:53 AM
...when you yell in horror at your husband when you catch him brushing his very long, dripping wet hair.

Tristania
August 11th, 2012, 09:56 AM
I wish I could talk my husband into doing that. He's got nice hair, although it needs a little extra TLC with all his abuse.

mduggan
August 11th, 2012, 10:01 AM
You go to the cinema to see Brave (which has only just come out in France)

that reminds me.....

...you attend the movie snow White and the Huntsman and lose track of the storyline because you are trying to memorize the braids in Charlize Theron's wedding scene...

...and I can't find a photo of it anywhere to show here!!!!!!!!

mduggan
August 11th, 2012, 10:04 AM
I am VERY fortunate..... As long as I don't sleep with goop in my hair he doesn't mind.... as long as he gets to play in it later..... :tmi:

as he starting to lose a bit of hair, he is willing to try anything to bring back the hair :) even sitting at his computer wearing saran wrap on his head.... LOL

DinaAG
August 11th, 2012, 10:06 AM
when u think before u eat if that food will be healthy 4 ur hair or not, and when u want 2 make a perm and scared 2 death

GRU
August 11th, 2012, 12:47 PM
when watching the disgusting abcess draiage video your friend sent

You know you're definitely destined to be a nurse when you read this post and ask for the link so you can watch it too! :lol:

Tisiloves
August 11th, 2012, 01:06 PM
You know you're definitely destined to be a nurse when you read this post and ask for the link so you can watch it too! :lol:

Darn it, I deleted it. Never mind, just search on youtube, there seem to be loads.

GRU
August 11th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Darn it, I deleted it. Never mind, just search on youtube, there seem to be loads.

My kid and I are sick puppies... we sit together and watch those "bizarre ER" type shows and eat spaghetti at the same time! :lol:

Tisiloves
August 11th, 2012, 06:58 PM
My kid and I are sick puppies... we sit together and watch those "bizarre ER" type shows and eat spaghetti at the same time! :lol:

Same here. :):o

Asprettyasme
August 11th, 2012, 07:18 PM
#error

#An error occurred.

Angela_Rose
August 11th, 2012, 07:25 PM
...the base of the centerpieces at your baby brother's wedding were 3/4" thick rounds of cedar, so you stole some and are designing hair forks & sticks to make out of them.

Sarahlabyrinth
August 11th, 2012, 08:16 PM
When you are sitting in church and you are staring at the head in front of you plotting how you could get rid of their dry frizz and give them beautiful hair ...

mduggan
August 11th, 2012, 09:44 PM
You know you're an LHC-er:

if your have been reading a thread thats 200+ pages long religiously all week and the topic is coochie cream LOL

SO true!!!!!!

Dark Queen
August 12th, 2012, 01:08 AM
When watching a TV programme and a character comes on and you are so busy hairtyping them you miss the important conversation upon which the plot hinges. And you can't rewind it to watch it again to catch the part you missed!

I know, right? I missed half the conversation on My Strange Addiction looking at that lady's hair (it was probably a 1a/M/iii, by the way. At least classic length)

Haha, I do this too. Seriously considered med school for quite some time.

Dragon Faery
August 12th, 2012, 05:20 AM
that reminds me.....

...you attend the movie snow White and the Huntsman and lose track of the storyline because you are trying to memorize the braids in Charlize Theron's wedding scene...

Yes! I did this too!!! And all I could find were 3/4 front views afterward! I will totally buy the DVD just for the hair scenes.

My poor memory says she had basically a loose (and poofy) lace braid down each side of her head, joined at the back into one braid that eventually incorporated all her hair, and each side of her face/head had 4 accent braids (from approximately temple, back of ear, and 2 at nape) that swooped up over the lace braids. But I may not be remembering it just right. :p

mduggan
August 12th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Yes! I did this too!!! And all I could find were 3/4 front views afterward! I will totally buy the DVD just for the hair scenes.

My poor memory says she had basically a loose (and poofy) lace braid down each side of her head, joined at the back into one braid that eventually incorporated all her hair, and each side of her face/head had 4 accent braids (from approximately temple, back of ear, and 2 at nape) that swooped up over the lace braids. But I may not be remembering it just right. :p

LOL, Dragon Faery, I remember poof and lots of braids..... I searched for hours to find a photo, but all I could find was the side, not much help at all! Wonder if we can freeze frame and print from the DVD? hmmmmmmm.......

;)

Tisiloves
August 12th, 2012, 10:00 AM
LOL, Dragon Faery, I remember poof and lots of braids..... I searched for hours to find a photo, but all I could find was the side, not much help at all! Wonder if we can freeze frame and print from the DVD? hmmmmmmm.......

;)

You can play it on your computer, pause and printscreen.

mduggan
August 12th, 2012, 10:05 AM

oh, be still my heart........

MaryO
August 12th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Reading all the comments here has ben so much fun!

I just find myself looking for people with long hair- still working my way up to identifying types! :-D

SerinaDaith
August 12th, 2012, 10:26 AM
When you include hair care in your grocery budget instead of your beauty budget.

When you are making homemade granola and realize that most everything you are putting into it has been in your hair within the last month.

Tisiloves
August 12th, 2012, 10:44 AM
oh, be still my heart........

Oh yeah, the things you learn from cosplayers.:agree:

Dragon Faery
August 14th, 2012, 01:21 AM

;)

I absolutely loved all her styles throughout the movie! :)

Awesome! I don't currently have a computer or printer, so I'll probably just pause and take pictures with my awesome camera phone. ;). But maybe by the time my hair is long enough to do her styles I *will* have a computer and a printer! :D

SilverMcFly17
August 14th, 2012, 01:47 AM
When you run to LHC to rave about a new product you've found!

maria_asa
August 14th, 2012, 06:31 AM
that reminds me.....

I'm another one who found myself mesmerized by her hair.

Also, when you look at hair toys in the local shops and rule out 99% as not hair friendly and the rest you know you can find better ones at etsy. I guess I've become a snob when it comes to hair toys :D

EdG
December 23rd, 2016, 11:26 AM
Strangers marvel at your bun and hair sticks, wondering "where did he ever learn to do that?" ;)
Ed

truepeacenik
December 23rd, 2016, 11:43 AM
Strangers marvel at your bun and hair sticks, wondering "where did he ever learn to do that?" ;)
Ed

Peer pressure, of course.

And you do have the Emperor of Buns, XY version. (You might co-rule with Trolleypup)

EdG
December 23rd, 2016, 11:54 AM

And you do have the Emperor of Buns, XY version. (You might co-rule with Trolleypup)Thanks! :)

Yesterday's trip to the supermarket reminded me of this thread. Even though no words were spoken, I was ready to say "Let me tell you about the LHC." ;)
Ed

trolleypup
December 23rd, 2016, 06:22 PM

And you do have the Emperor of Buns, XY version. (You might co-rule with Trolleypup)
Or not, since I only do one!

You know you are an LHCer when, as a guy, you smile when a little girls says "Rapunzel!"