PDA

View Full Version : My first "your hair is really long" comment!

maborosi
October 2nd, 2011, 10:54 PM
Yesss! Today, while looking at a house, our realtor, who's kinda a family friend, saw my hair in two pigtail braids and was shocked (!) At how long it'd gotten.

"It's really long! Are there extension things or is that your real hair?"

I was quite happy and did a little dance (inmy mind lol of course ;) )

My hair is currently at approximately 29". When did you (or did you ever) start receiving comments about your hair?

~maborosi~

GracieRae
October 2nd, 2011, 11:07 PM
My hair has been chopped, I'm bsl now and growing it back. I'm not sure in inches how long it was but I remember a co-worker saying 'wow, you're hair is getting long!!' when it was a few inches past bust line, Im still learning the lingo;)

GracieRae
October 2nd, 2011, 11:10 PM
Oops wasn't done lol. Congrats! :) I bet you were super happy to hear someone acknowledge your beautiful locks. And for someone to think they're extensions tells me you have some perfect looking hair :)

MrsGuther
October 2nd, 2011, 11:15 PM
Yay for good "your hair is so long" comments! I started getting those probably in May 2011 when my hair was MBL. My hair is about an inch from hip now and it still feels short to me! lol. Maybe when my hair hits TBL it will feel long.

goldenmoments
October 2nd, 2011, 11:16 PM
Congrats! My hair isn't too long yet but when I recieved a comment from a family friend last month I was so pleased. It was completely unexpected. Happy growing!

luxepiggy
October 3rd, 2011, 03:36 AM
Yay, congrats! Isn't it funny how some people immediately think of extensions when they see long hair?

My hair's been waist+ since preschool, so people have been commenting on the length for over 20 years :p

CastaDiva
October 3rd, 2011, 04:17 AM
That`s great, congratulations:) I hardly ever wear my hair down and I can only remember one comment about the length of my hair, at least from a stranger, and that was from a man who said that my hair looked like a magic carpet:D

Avital88
October 3rd, 2011, 04:20 AM
i started to get comments about it also around your lenght that was when it started to get waist.. Right now i get them multiple times a day and people stare at it all the time,its quite weird and new experience for me.. After a while you will get tired of the comments haha..happy growing xx

duchesswannabe
October 3rd, 2011, 04:22 AM
I received an "it got so long" comment a few days ago from a woman I haven't seen in 4 months (I got a trim back from APL 6 months ago). I am nearly back to that, but my hair has also thickened up due to growing out the professional thinning I was getting until last year. She is a really decent lady anyway. She is also kind of a hippie chick in appearance like me (hair below shoulders, over 50). I am sorely tempted to cut, but I don't know right now.

Quetiepi
October 3rd, 2011, 04:36 AM
Congratulations! Isn't it nice to hear this! All the time and effort you put in to your hair is beginning to pay off. Your hair looks very pretty, btw!

racrane
October 3rd, 2011, 09:26 AM
That is always nice to hear! I got my first one a week ago and I was doing a happy dance all day . :)

redmj
October 3rd, 2011, 09:32 AM
I get those sometimes but not often since almost nobody sees my hair down. It really throws people though when I say I can't wait till my hair gets longer so I can do certain buns such as the celtic knot, or spidermom's bun (just found it on youtube and Love it).

Yozhik
October 3rd, 2011, 09:52 AM
That's awesome! :cheese:

I think twin braids are a great way to wear hair "down," because they seem to shrink a lot less than a single braid, so more accurately show off length. :)

Congrats on your new milestone of "non-LHC people comment on my hair." So far no one but friends and family comment on my hair's length, and it's 30-32 (curly/straight). However, one friend did gently make fun of me for having hair that's too long to see all of in the bathroom mirror (where I usually brush it). :D

sheepofshalott
October 3rd, 2011, 09:14 PM
Congrats! It's been 9 years and I still get giddy at every compliment.

Jenw777
October 3rd, 2011, 09:43 PM
I got my first one Friday, my second one Saturday, and my third on Sunday. I'm thrilled!

heartgoesboom
October 4th, 2011, 12:58 AM
no comments yet... :(

WinterButterfly
October 4th, 2011, 01:20 AM
I got the your hair grows so fast up tillabout apl. Then it was your hair is getting so long. Then at aout midback I started getting your hair is so long. I'm always one for the happy dance. When I hit waist I got a few strangers complimenting my hair. Happy dance all around. If you aren't getting comments yet, it will happen soon!
Congrats on the compliment. Hair compliments are nice little milestones!

freckles
October 4th, 2011, 01:45 AM
congratulations on your first comment! I think that it was somewhere between BSL and waist that people started telling me my hair was long/getting long. But I think LHC care and improved appearance might have had as much to do with my comments as length did :)

Of the Fae
October 4th, 2011, 03:15 AM
My hair is only just past shoulder at the back approaching APL, so I haven't gotten any comments about the length, but I have about the growing speed. My mom complimented me about how long it was getting and that it looked pretty :)
And a classmate was commenting that it had gotten quite long in a short time :)

ssjhotau2
October 4th, 2011, 03:26 AM
Very rarely do I wear my hair down in public.

I can't remember my first comment, but they've really picked up recently now that I'm brushing Hip. Everytime I take my hair down at work to redo a loose bun I get comments from customers and co-workers :)