PDA

View Full Version : Frizziness caused by towel?

twopoints
October 2nd, 2011, 10:37 PM
Wrapping my hair in a towel in a turban style has made the short hairs on my hairline to dry in odd directions and be very frizzy. What are some methods to remedy this? How can I dry my hair in a way that won't drip and won't be frizzy?

Also, I have been doing scalp washes where I hold up the ends so they don't get wet. I don't want to just leave my hair down because the water from the roots will drip down. The scalp washes have been very effective in cutting down the time to wash hair because it doesn't require any conditioning. I save conditioner and my hair is the softest and shiniest that it's ever been. I oil it with olive oil every other wash and my hair actually has less tangles than when I was washing and conditioning it regularly. So far I've been only scalp washing for 2 weeks.

Badwolf
October 3rd, 2011, 01:49 AM
What kind of towel are you using? Terrycloth towels can sometimes contribute to frizziness. I've switched to a flour sack towel for that reason. Maybe trying something made from a smoother material like flour sack or an old tshirt might help.

jojo
October 3rd, 2011, 02:27 AM
Sounds like your hair is unintentional getting some friction when your drying it, try drip drying without touching with a towel. this is what I do and get great results. Or as the above poster said try old tee shirts.

luxepiggy
October 3rd, 2011, 03:08 AM
Wrapping my hair in a towel in a turban style has made the short hairs on my hairline to dry in odd directions and be very frizzy. What are some methods to remedy this? How can I dry my hair in a way that won't drip and won't be frizzy?

I wrap a hand towel vertically around the length, beginning just below the nape.

vintage88
October 3rd, 2011, 04:36 AM
I had the same problem with frizziness, but as others have said, using a tshirt has really made a difference to my hair, its much more gentle and I don't get any frizzy hairs :)

pelicano
October 3rd, 2011, 10:30 AM
I drip dry my hair on to a towel on my shoulders. It's a bit of a pain, but helps to make it curlier rather than frizzy.

nobeltonya
October 3rd, 2011, 10:47 AM
How long do you leave it on? Because I get the same problem if I leave on for like 20-30 minutes and my hair dries too much. I generally leave it on for like 5-7 minutes while I get dressed, put stuff away, etc. Then take it down while it's still pretty damp and comb and braid it [bun or whatever], and don't get that problem.

Carolyn
October 3rd, 2011, 12:48 PM
I've never had any frizziness from a terry cloth towel :shrug: FWIW I'm a 1c who is not prone to frizz.

Netabug
October 3rd, 2011, 07:37 PM
I use an old tshirt if I'm in a hurry. Otherwise I let it drip onto a towel around my shoulders. It has really cut down on frizz and brought out my waves!