PDA

View Full Version : Help! Maybe I am just over reacting..hair falling out

taygo
October 2nd, 2011, 10:27 PM
My mom nagged me into useing a old box of dye. It was not that old that I know of. I didnt want to color it was in my hair, so I got black hair dye from sallys hair care. everything seemed ok, but when I washed out my hair, some of my hair came out. I am letting it dry and see what happens in the morning. Should I be worried? or just cause my hair is darker I notice it more? I just washed it out, I didnt put anything in it, cause I didnt want to risk in anymore than I did.

If it is bad in the morning, what should I do? Anyone had this issue? darn me and trying to save money. :cheese: thanks.

heartgoesboom
October 2nd, 2011, 11:03 PM
what color was your hair before? but i think it's probably because it's dark and you notice it more. that happened to me when i dyed my hair back to black.

jojo
October 3rd, 2011, 02:37 AM
Hi, it sounds like the above poster said, dark hair more noticable. It is normal to loose up to 100 hairs a day, but when you say old do you mean out of date? Just keep an eye on it and plenty of deep conditionings.

welcome to LHC!

spidermom
October 3rd, 2011, 06:24 AM
Nope, you should never be worried because worry is stressful, and stress can cause hair loss. Relax.

PixxieStix
October 3rd, 2011, 06:31 AM
I agree, do no worry. You are just noticing it more because of the change. It will be alright. =)

shannonsun
October 3rd, 2011, 07:16 AM
It's probably what heartgoesboom said, but for what it's worth: I used Fekkai box dye for a while and every time I did I would lose a big handful of hairs, very obviously more than on a normal day. The smell made me nauseous and I did get a little tingly in the scalp while I was waiting for the color to take--now I know that this is a major red flag. :o But I think that box dyes are just harsh and can cause extra shedding for some people when they apply.

celebriangel
October 3rd, 2011, 07:21 AM
When I used to dye my hair, I would shed loads while rinsing out the dye. No real idea why.

I have regained a bit of thickness since growing out the dye...but not really all that much. It's probably only noticeable to me.

This is all to say, the shed will not continue most likely.

taygo
October 3rd, 2011, 08:53 AM
Thanks all:) Um my hair before was dark brown. I let my dry, but it felt really dry. I got my hair wash and out some conditioner in it. I am going to see if that helps a little. Cause right now when my hair is wet, it gets really knotted and icky. but thanks for replying:)