PDA

View Full Version : I think my hair looks better thanks to you, LHC! (Sorry, PICS again)

Beaglebuddy
October 2nd, 2011, 05:56 PM
And this is only the start! Hopefully in a couple of months I will notice a big difference.

I just wanted to show you the first night's results of your advice!

http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z327/Emmalee71/100_0987.jpg

and just to compare:

http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z327/Emmalee71/100_0945-1.jpg

There may still be some dry spots but I think overall it looks better. It is about 90% dry in the top and left alone, the bottom is fully dry but combed.

GracieRae
October 2nd, 2011, 06:04 PM
Wow! Looks great :)

Kiwiwi
October 2nd, 2011, 06:09 PM
Yay, awesome!! :D

Your hair looks like mine, but I am a bit curlier I think.

Isn't it amazing what you learn here? ^_^

I learned about the curly girl method and it's amazing for my hair.
You could still do that method but tweak it a bit if you can't CO. Just wash your scalp the way you want to. Condition the length and fingercomb and do everything the curly girl method says. Just the washing bit will be different. I think it'll still work.
I believe we can tweak what we want to ^_^ Use the stuff that works, ditch the stuff that doesn't.

ANYWAYS!
Your hair looks great!! :cheese:

Beaglebuddy
October 2nd, 2011, 06:19 PM
Thank you! There are still some frizzy bits but that will hopefully fix itself as my hair gets more moisturized.
My hair did feel more moisturized with CO, it was just too moisturized or something, flat hair on top. At least, if I shampoo the top and just use conditioner on the lengths it will maybe give me what I want. More moisturized hair that has volume on the top.

Kiwiwi
October 2nd, 2011, 06:29 PM
Yes, but frizzy's will always be part of a curly. I believe it's normal to have a bit as a curly. Especially with new growth, hairs at different lengths, etc. It's still pretty! :)

The flat on top thing is a thing many curlies can struggle with. I learned this from the curly girl method too (I don't want to sound like a commercial for it.. it just really helped me ^_^); using hair clips on the parting while the hair is drying, like this:

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx350/KiwisHouse/duckbill-clips.jpg
(Source; google)

She has big clips here, I use smaller ones.

It has been such a great experience for me to finally understand my curly hair and to know how to take care of it :D I wish it for every curly! :cheese:

Cassie 123
October 2nd, 2011, 06:30 PM
Wow! I love it!

Beaglebuddy
October 2nd, 2011, 06:43 PM
Kiwiwi thank you so much for that picture. I have some of the smaller ones I got from DevaCurl but I didn't know how to put them in my hair. That's a fabulous picture showing how.

Cassie 123 - thank you so much

jaine
October 2nd, 2011, 06:52 PM
Your hair looks really pretty and soft!

Regarding frizz: I think frizz is mostly just individual curly hairs that have escaped the surrounding curl pattern. Some hard-hold gel can make it look more defined ... it'll basically help the hairs clump together so it looks less frizzy. Put gel in your hair while your hair is still wet, then let it air dry without touching it at all - it will dry with the clumps intact. Then you can scrunch it a little to remove the crunchy feeling after it's 100% dry (but still no combing or brushing)

And root lift.... I like to apply gel while my hair is upside down, then toss it right side up to let it dry. That gives me really nice root lift. The downside is, it also gives me more tangles.

Beaglebuddy
October 2nd, 2011, 07:02 PM
Thanks jaine, I appreciate your helpfulness!
I will try and do the flip the head over thing, though yes I think my hair will probably tangle too.

Vanilla
October 2nd, 2011, 07:25 PM
Your hair looks so pretty with the defined curls. :). I love it!

aisha.christine
October 2nd, 2011, 09:53 PM
I love your curl pattern! It's very pretty. (: it already looks so much more hydrated and bouncy. I can't wait to see it as the year progresses.

WinterButterfly
October 2nd, 2011, 10:21 PM
Your har looks shinier now. I like it!

Yozhik
October 2nd, 2011, 10:58 PM
Beautiful, Beaglebuddy! Your hair looks so much more defined and curly now. :)

Yosha
October 3rd, 2011, 07:03 AM
Lol, I just posted in your other topic:p Your hair looks great, what you're doing right now is definitely working :cheese:

Beaglebuddy
October 3rd, 2011, 08:38 AM
Thanks everyone for tips and comments! :flower:

Alex Lou
October 14th, 2011, 07:11 PM
Looks good!

cmg
October 15th, 2011, 05:13 AM
Your hair looks great now, curl definition and shine. Just keep on trying what works for you! Isn't LHC awesome?

Kiwiwi: Thanks for the tip about the clips! I will try that as my hair is getting longer again and pulling the top down. I am crome/nickel/cobolt-allergic though, so I can't use natural clips. I will have to cover them with nail polish or paint or something. The painted ones I can get in the stores here are only painted on the top side.

oscarthehamster
October 15th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Wow, it looks really good ! :D

Beaglebuddy
October 15th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Thank you! I am trying to learn to accept my hair and I really do think that by leaving my hair alone after I get out of shower really defines it more. I have never been fond of my hair and I think I thought if I combed it out straighter it would look straighter. But not the case.