PDA

View Full Version : The "My Hair Fell Out" Dream

SpeakingEZ
October 2nd, 2011, 02:38 PM
I had it last night. I've been really stressed lately and I think my hair sheds more when I am. Seems like the rate has doubled the past few weeks.

I drempt that my hair was just peeling away and by the time I looked in the mirror, half of it was gone, leaving only slicked back patches on my crown and in the back. It had also turned gray, and my face looked elderly. Needless to say, I was very happy to see everything normal in the morning!

I thought someone might want to share their hair dream/ nightmare. I was really intrigued by the other symbolism in the dream, maybe someone has something similar to share?

KwaveT
October 2nd, 2011, 02:41 PM
I hardly ever dream much less hair dreams. I have been reading this forum long enough to know a bunch of others here have hair dreams usually bad hair dreams. This topic should be interesting.

swearnsue
October 2nd, 2011, 03:58 PM
I don't have a scary dream about hair, but when I wash my hair I'm afraid my hair will fall out in my hands when I rinse out the conditioner. It's really creepy.

rocket_surgeon
October 2nd, 2011, 05:10 PM
I've heard that hair-falling-out dreams are pretty common, for what it's worth. I have a really similar dream involving my teeth that recurs when I'm stressed. It's such a relief to wake up and still have all of them!

RedDevil
October 2nd, 2011, 05:27 PM
Oh god i actually had a dream where I found the tail of my pony tail lying on the ground at my feet! I was horrified and in such a panic! My brain was searching for ways to re- attach it as if it was a limb. This dream happened alittle over a week ago. Not cool.

SpeakingEZ
October 2nd, 2011, 05:30 PM
I have a really similar dream involving my teeth that recurs when I'm stressed. It's such a relief to wake up and still have all of them!

I have that one, too, but I have a lot of teeth problems. That nightmare might come true one day!

Carriegirl
October 2nd, 2011, 05:50 PM
I've had both the hair dreams/nightmares and the teeth ones! I hate those! It is such a relief to wake up! I think if has something to do with fear of losing what's important to us, or what makes us feel secure. Thankfully I don't have them too often!

Buggheart
October 2nd, 2011, 07:09 PM
I haven't had that specific dream but last week I dreamed that I shaved half my head. Like remember when Britney Spears did that and they published pics of the front of her head shaved and the back still long? I dreamed I did that. On purpose. Yikes.

FrozenBritannia
October 2nd, 2011, 09:20 PM
I lived that, don't need to dream it. I REALLY hate the teeth one though. I sometimes dream that I'm eating something and every time I close my mouth, more teeth come out and start crumbling down my shirt, and I try to put them back in my mouth and more just come out..... *shudder* Makes me want to go count them just thinking of it.

goldenmoments
October 2nd, 2011, 09:30 PM
I had my first hair nightmare last month. I used to dream my teeth fell out....I can't decide whether I like losing my hair more or not just yet.....

WinterButterfly
October 2nd, 2011, 09:58 PM
I have had the teeth falling out one. I had that the most before I got my broken tooth pulled. I recently dreamed that I cut myhair to apl and bleached the black dye out and colered it brown. In my dream I regretted it immediatly. I was glad to wake up.

Dark Rapunzel
November 14th, 2011, 06:53 PM
I've only had it once that I can remember, and it was horrible. So realistic! I was finger-combing my hair (in my dream) and the hair was just coming right out and I had huge chunks of it all over the floor and it was horrifying. I woke up all stressed and actually got up, turned on the light and made sure that my hair was still all there and as thick as it was when I went to bed...

Dreamers91
November 14th, 2011, 07:51 PM
WOW! That's scary!
Last night I had a dream somebody was cutting (trimming) my hair a few inches and almost woke up crying! haha

Amber_Maiden
November 14th, 2011, 08:10 PM
That my hair was so damaged that it looked like hay and all I could do was buzz cut it! *cries*

starshade
November 14th, 2011, 08:12 PM
I too have had the teeth falling out dream for many years, and I remember reading somewhere that it's something women dream about, don't remember why though. Maybe the hair falling out dream is similar in that respect- losing something we love, losing our youth etc...?

Mountaingrrl
November 14th, 2011, 08:24 PM
I used to have those dreams a lot when I first joined LHC. In one of the more memorable ones, my shorn hair was left anonymously on my doorstep. I haven't had one of those dreams for awhile now.

julliams
November 14th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Not a hair falling out dream but strange nonetheless - My husband actually gave me a bunch of yellow roses yesterday ( real life) and I dreamt that we found some black roses that smelt amazing and when I picked up one of them, it's petals were actually made of really soft black hair. I was like, "wow, this rose is made of hair". Weird!

Blackfire
November 14th, 2011, 10:15 PM
since my mom died in july I have suffered from nightmares that make me scared to fall asleep. who would want to sleep when in your dreams you are forced to killyour undead mother, or purge her body of demons that wont let her into heaven? its very traumatizing...... I didn have one that involved hair a while back... my hair felt a little thin so i went to mirror and I saw that I had a big gash on the back of my head and a HUGE bald patch around it....and it was healed upin a really nasty way so that it had like a pocket of rotted flesh in my scalp.... In my dream I was driving to hospital and wondering how the heck I didnt notice a gash that huge forso long that it had festered! when I woke up, my little dog gitzi was trying to dig a hole in the back of my head -_-....