PDA

View Full Version : Bad haircut :( hoping for 4,5 inches in 8-9 months now..

TheDutchess
October 2nd, 2011, 09:40 AM
I've been browsing this forum for the last couple of weeks, trying to find some tips/tricks to speed up my growth. I had a really bad hair cut 2 months ago. Me and my hairdresser had some.. communication problems it seems :( Now im at a long long bob. The back of my hair is at collarbone lenght when streched out. And the rest is divided in 2 different lenghts. The longest in the front is about APL. (#¤%&!) I want my hair back, the way it used to be. Somewhere between APL and BSL. An inch or two over my bra (at the front).

The thing is, my hair have 3 different lenghts. 5% of my hair reaches me to the collarbone (the shortest) and 50% is 2 inches longer that that. And the front is 2 inchest longer than that again.
I want to cut all my hair to one lenght. These layers is just messy. So, should I cut all my hair to the collarbone, where it's shortest? Or to the other layer that is a bit longer (but more hair)?

Hoping for 4,5 inches in 8 months. Before the summer next year. My hair grows naturally 0,5 inches a month. Hoping to speed things up with castor oil, rooibos, exercise and biotin. Is 4,5 inches a realistic goal?

Feel free to give me tips :D:D

jojo
October 2nd, 2011, 09:57 AM
Aww don't let this get you down. A lot depends on your own personal growth rate so if your a little faster than average I see no reason why not, even at average rate of 1/2" a month you will get 4", add a tablespoon a day of peanut butter to your mix!

Good luck and welcome to the forum!

Yozhik
October 2nd, 2011, 10:52 AM
I think you've set a pretty reasonable goal for yourself. Now just keep yourself and your hair in good health, and I'm sure you'll gain back that hair shortly!

If you want to get rid of your layers, I suggest cutting to the middle one. Or, you could grow without trimming to some goal milestone, and then trim it all of then! Either way works, it's just what suits what you want to do most. :)

longhairedwolf
October 2nd, 2011, 11:54 AM
4 inches in 8 months is quite reasonable. As for which layer to cut to, personally I'd cut to the length of the shortest layer, given that it's in the back. I think it would look a little odd to have a shorter back and longer sides at the lengths that you're describing. Having said that, do what makes you happy. If cutting it all off to collarbone length will be a shock to your system, hold off for the time being. Also, a picture may help - it's hard for me to visualize what you're talking about without seeing it.

Good luck!

Kathie
October 2nd, 2011, 12:28 PM
I would soften the inverted bob- so I’d bring the front layers up a bit while keeping the inverted shape but I wouldn’t touch the shortest layer at the back. Every time I trimmed I would reduce the angle of the bob until eventually my hair was even all round.

spidermom
October 2nd, 2011, 12:37 PM
I think Kathie has the right idea (or at least a good idea).

Sometimes hair will grow almost not at all one month, then make up for it a different month. So don't get discouraged if you have a month or two that doesn't show as much growth as you expect. It usually means that newer, shorter hairs are growing, and that won't show up as length increase right away.

pink.sara
October 2nd, 2011, 01:02 PM
I would soften the inverted bob- so I’d bring the front layers up a bit while keeping the inverted shape but I wouldn’t touch the shortest layer at the back. Every time I trimmed I would reduce the angle of the bob until eventually my hair was even all round.

I did exactly this to gradually lose my inverted bob, took me 11 months to get from just grazing shoulder with the shortest back layer to a solid APL all round. And that's with a slow growth rate and a final cut to even it.

That's a possible goal :)

TheDutchess
October 2nd, 2011, 03:58 PM
I did exactly this to gradually lose my inverted bob, took me 11 months to get from just grazing shoulder with the shortest back layer to a solid APL all round. And that's with a slow growth rate and a final cut to even it.

That's a possible goal :)

:cheese: yuhu! :-) Maybe there is a hope for me!

TheDutchess
October 4th, 2011, 03:32 AM
Thanks everyone for supporting words and tips.

I did as you said Kathie. And cut my hair yesterday. Now i just got 2 layers. Trimmed the front :-) look so much better!

Now my hair is a little bit under the collarbone. It's okey.. i guess. I will never ever visit a hairdresser again. I did a great job yesterday all by my self :D haha!