PDA

View Full Version : Any tips for Air-Dried Hairstyles?

LuciousLox
October 1st, 2011, 09:26 PM
I've been air drying my hair for the past year, in attempt to help it grow. But I can't help but miss how sleek and "done" my hair looked when I was flat-ironing it.

Currently, I put my hair in a french-braid after I wash it. Once it's dry I remove the braid and my hair is wavy all over. I don't really like the wavy look right no, because my hair is too short. (It's only a few inches below my shoulders.) Maybe if it was really long, wavy would look good.... I just feel like my hair looks so scraggly.
Also I have tons of breakage and short layers that make it look worse! I just don't want to give in and use heat on my hair, which might make my damage worse and my progress of growing slower.

Once my hair gets longer, will it weigh itself down and look more sleek? In the meantime, if anyone has any suggestions on what styles work for them when they air-dry their hair... Or should I start using heat again?

Animae
October 1st, 2011, 09:28 PM
Have you tried looking in the hair wrapping threads? Those women seem to get good results without heat.

Madora
October 1st, 2011, 09:41 PM
I've been air drying my hair for the past year, in attempt to help it grow. But I can't help but miss how sleek and "done" my hair looked when I was flat-ironing it.

Currently, I put my hair in a french-braid after I wash it. Once it's dry I remove the braid and my hair is wavy all over. I don't really like the wavy look right no, because my hair is too short. (It's only a few inches below my shoulders.) Maybe if it was really long, wavy would look good.... I just feel like my hair looks so scraggly.
Also I have tons of breakage and short layers that make it look worse! I just don't want to give in and use heat on my hair, which might make my damage worse and my progress of growing slower.

Once my hair gets longer, will it weigh itself down and look more sleek? In the meantime, if anyone has any suggestions on what styles work for them when they air-dry their hair... Or should I start using heat again?

The longer the hair becomes, the more likelihood that waves will lessen.

If you wish to keep your hair in healthy condition, then avoid any heat appliances or straightening.

owlathena
October 2nd, 2011, 01:06 AM
damp bunning (not wet) creates sleek wurls and waves in my hair

Eternal.Fiend
October 2nd, 2011, 10:25 AM
I'm going to second the hair wrapping, that makes my hair look really sleeker and straighter :)
And on the waves, have you tried two french braids? I find with one, it just makes my hair look horrible, because the sides have looser waves then the back (or is that just me?) but two give more defined waves, and I personally think waves look gorgeous on your length hair :)
Another option would be to put you hair in foam rollers whilst you sleep, and you can get curls, and short curly hair is really cute!

scotishlass
October 2nd, 2011, 10:43 AM
I could have written your post, i am exactly the same, too short to leave down with out heat- layers and a weird wavy straight fuzzy type very thick hair!! i think i might just have to pin it up for about a year! :)