PDA

View Full Version : DH's first braid! (on me!)

Annibelle
October 1st, 2011, 05:05 PM
So, I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but whenever I braid my own hair, it somehow twists itself throughout the day until it's on its side, making my thin braid look even thinner from behind. :o

Well, tonight I convinced DH to braid my hair for me to see if the same thing happened! I'm still not sure if it's my braiding technique that messes it up, or if it's from waviness (do any wavies out there have braiding problems?), but I decided to post the result anyway, since I'm so proud of him! You should've heard him grunting in frustration as he tried to do it without my instruction. :)

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z414/4nnibelle/Image10012011184959-1-1.jpg

Does your SO do sweet things like that for you? It's rare for mine to, but when he does, I savor it. :)

jojo
October 1st, 2011, 05:19 PM
how lovely is that braid! your husband has talent!

Try starting at the base and then tip your head and braid over your head to stop the twisties.

And I let my husband try a braid on me and he made a pigs ear of it, though I have started letting his brush it!

pes3108
October 1st, 2011, 06:26 PM
Awww that is sweet and he did a great job!! My DBF will do it for me when I ask him... which is usually when its wet and more slippery for me to try to do behind my head. Right now he can just do an English braid but he knows the concept behind a french braid so maybe that will be next

Annibelle
October 1st, 2011, 06:37 PM
Hehe, I can't even do a French braid, so I think that won't be on his list of chores anytime soon. ;)

Jojo-- my hair has twisted up! :( Even though he did it from behind, going straight down. I'm afraid I've just got mutant hair! :p

swearnsue
October 1st, 2011, 06:41 PM
He did a great job! I think that is sweet.

excentricat
October 1st, 2011, 06:53 PM
Very sweet. My husband will braid for me if I ask him to, but he can't tie it off. I'm not sure what he's doing wrong, but he braids a nice braid, and by the time it's tied off, half of it has fallen out. Your husband seems to have mastered both parts. Very nice.

honeyblonde
October 1st, 2011, 06:58 PM
That is so sweet! He did a great job!

Does your SO do sweet things like that for you? It's rare for mine to, but when he does, I savor it. :)

Yes, hubby does all my trims. We saw a women the other day with classic length hair.... he yelled, "Gee, I wonder if she is on your message board". I know she heard him, haha!! Gotta love them!

jojo
October 2nd, 2011, 05:19 PM
Hehe, I can't even do a French braid, so I think that won't be on his list of chores anytime soon. ;)

Jojo-- my hair has twisted up! :( Even though he did it from behind, going straight down. I'm afraid I've just got mutant hair! :p

ha ha oh dear well its back to the drawing board:D

Annibelle
October 2nd, 2011, 05:43 PM
Yes, hubby does all my trims. We saw a women the other day with classic length hair.... he yelled, "Gee, I wonder if she is on your message board". I know she heard him, haha!! Gotta love them!

Oh, I somehow forgot all about trims! :) DH and I always trim each other's hair. I quickly do his, usually straight across (though I tried a u-hemline on him last time and didn't really like it, but he didn't care either way-- his hair grows 2" per month!). He spends about 10 minutes getting mine JUST right, clipping tiny pieces at a time! I tell him he doesn't have to be so meticulous, but he's terrified of messing up. :) So cute!

slo2gro
October 2nd, 2011, 08:50 PM
wow great job and very sweet

SoulOfTheSea
October 2nd, 2011, 09:08 PM
Looks great! Now to get DBF to do mine! :)