PDA

View Full Version : Looking for -cheap- silicone free products.

Orangerthanred
October 1st, 2011, 04:46 PM
I've looked around and all I can find is shampoos, volumizing products, and expensive leave in conditioners. The few cheap things I can find are only sold online, and I cannot buy anything online.

I wasted 10 dollars on a horrible leave in conditioner called Giovanni Direct, which made my hair sticky, volumized, and frizzy.

What I need is a good leave in conditioner/product you can air dry with, that decreases frizz and poofiness.

Dizzy_zzz
October 1st, 2011, 04:55 PM
Well it's not really a product per se, but there's a recipe for a frizz-buster leave in spray on here somewhere, though I can't remember the name. Anyways, here are the ingredients (it tames my frizz, which can literally triple or even quadruple the volume of my hair [it's a miracle!]):

~3 tbsp of aloe vera
~1 tsp of oil
~1 cup of water
~few drops of essential oil

mix all the ingredients in a spray bottle, shake, and voila! You might want to adjust the amounts, but that's about it, and cheap as can be! :D

Orangerthanred
October 1st, 2011, 04:58 PM
Well it's not really a product per se, but there's a recipe for a frizz-buster leave in spray on here somewhere, though I can't remember the name. Anyways, here are the ingredients (it tames my frizz, which can literally triple or even quadruple the volume of my hair [it's a miracle!]):

~3 tbsp of aloe vera
~1 tsp of oil
~1 cup of water
~few drops of essential oil

mix all the ingredients in a spray bottle, shake, and voila! You might want to adjust the amounts, but that's about it, and cheap as can be! :D

I could try that, if I had aloe vera.

I'm not really looking for volume- I wish my hair would just deflate. It's quite thick already.

Orangerthanred
October 1st, 2011, 05:02 PM
Meep. I'm gonna go look in the hair products forum. Should've posted this there.

amantha
October 1st, 2011, 05:04 PM
I personally haven't used this so I can't vouch for it or anything....but L'Oreal's EverSleek line has a leave-in conditioner that is cone-free. The whole line is cone and sulfate-free. Since it's supposed to make your hair sleeker I would assume it would make it less puffy. It's around $9 too. But if it's anything like their EverPure leave-in conditioner...it should last a LONG time. Hope this helps!

Orangerthanred
October 1st, 2011, 05:11 PM
I personally haven't used this so I can't vouch for it or anything....but L'Oreal's EverSleek line has a leave-in conditioner that is cone-free. The whole line is cone and sulfate-free. Since it's supposed to make your hair sleeker I would assume it would make it less puffy. It's around $9 too. But if it's anything like their EverPure leave-in conditioner...it should last a LONG time. Hope this helps!

I've tried that before. It smells really good, but it doesn't work very good.. It took me 2 months to use up, and it air dries really sticky.

xoxophelia
October 1st, 2011, 05:11 PM
I wrote this article that may help you on cheap hair care :)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=218

amantha
October 1st, 2011, 05:13 PM
I've tried that before. It smells really good, but it doesn't work very good.. It took me 2 months to use up, and it air dries really sticky.

Aw, bummer. I found with the EverPure leave-in I can only use a dime sized amount or it will do the same thing.

Orangerthanred
October 1st, 2011, 05:23 PM
I wrote this article that may help you on cheap hair care :)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=218

Thanks.

Next time I go shopping I'm going to get coconut oil... :D

jojo
October 1st, 2011, 06:49 PM
I know in the UK the cheaper products are normally cone free.

Copasetic
October 1st, 2011, 07:33 PM
Just wondering, how much Giovanni direct did you use on your hair?

Mairéad
October 1st, 2011, 07:39 PM
The Giovanni Direct Leave in was not my favorite but it worked much better when I used an extremely tiny amount of it. Have you thought of oils by chance?

islandboo
October 1st, 2011, 08:06 PM
Tresseme Naturals Nourishing conditioner is pretty nice, and runs under $5 for a huge bottle. I've seen it on sale for 3/$10 at my drugstore (CVS)

However, my hair is 1b/F/i so pretty much the polar opposite of yours. Still might be worth a try, though.

celebriangel
October 3rd, 2011, 11:28 AM
Leave-in conditioners, for some reason, suck in my hair. Cone-free or otherwise.

I stick to oils/butters. Fox's conditioning cream, suggested above, should work well - the poster said it *decreased* her volume.

I use nightblooming's panacea salve, which is similar.

Safira
October 3rd, 2011, 11:35 AM
Try to use that Giovanni for a normal conditioner. I use for leave-ins Jessicurl Aloeba (but it isn´t cheap) and Panacea (not that cheap, maybe sample size is?
And left other leave-ins. If I want to condition and protect my hair between washes, I use oils.