PDA

View Full Version : How do you define your wurly curls?

WillowHair87
October 1st, 2011, 02:53 PM
I sooo badly want to love my natural hair. But it just doesn;t even dry to curls. it's all a wavy/frizzy/big mess. lol.

I've toned the straightening to once a week. I'm young, vain and vain. lol.

But what do you guys use for your wurls and curls? If you could post your routine, it would be great.

OH and what does aloe vera do? I want to use it but I have no idea what to do with it.

sum insight would be great.

hair:

http://i54.tinypic.com/2ue7ghw.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/n5kec8.jpg

sorry for the not so clear photos. My hair used to be curlier. :/ Not sure what type my hair is..

aisha.christine
October 1st, 2011, 03:04 PM
Have you tried an occasional sock bun?
I know lots of LHC members use this to get really nice curls.

aisha.christine
October 1st, 2011, 03:09 PM
I guess it's kind of important to add that this is typically an overnight thing. When I'm in a bit of a hurry, i just moisten my hair and kind scrunch it up loosely. it defines my waves really well, but I'm not sure if this is necessarily good for your hair, although I personally haven't had any breakage from this technique

kidari
October 1st, 2011, 03:58 PM
I do a big pin curl right on top of my head and then put the rest up in a sock bun. In the AM it's in a perfect uniform wave all over and height at the crown with no dent or need to smooth it out with my curling iron. I find it works best for me to mist it with water or a diluted conditioner, I can't do it on damp hair from washing for some reason it doesn't fully dry by the morning sometimes or I get crunchy ends.

Fairy tale
October 1st, 2011, 04:15 PM
[quote=kidari;1804043]I do a big pin curl right on top of my head and then put the rest up in a sock bun. In the AM it's in a perfect uniform wave all over and height at the crown with no dent or need to smooth it out with my curling iron. I find it works best for me to mist it with water or a diluted conditioner, I can't do it on damp hair from washing for some reason it doesn't fully dry by the morning sometimes or I get crunchy ends.[/quote

This sounds interesting how exactly do you make the pin curl?

spidermom
October 1st, 2011, 04:16 PM
Buy the clear aloe vera. It should have nothing that ends in "caine". Also, no alcohol. You can often find this product near skin moisturizers. Rite Aid has it (but of course I don't know if you have a Rite Aid drugstore available to you).

Squeeze a small amount into your wet palm, about 1/2 the size of a grape to start. Add 1 drop of oil. Now rub the gel between wet palms and fingers, then finger-comb it through your length. Air-dry.

I have found it works much better if I apply it with wet hands and fingers, so don't skip that step.

jojo
October 1st, 2011, 04:21 PM
For me getting my wurls is as simple as letting my hair drip dry, no patting with a towel, no touching and no combing! wurls every time, however I tend to comb while its drying so I loose a lot then!

gthlvrmx
October 1st, 2011, 04:23 PM
If you used to have curlier hair, try CO washing, check out the CO washing thread. Or get yourself that Curly Girl book and try it out :D CO washing, air drying, and plopping will help define and bring out those wurls and curls.

alwayssmiling
October 1st, 2011, 04:26 PM
Hair gel for me. Scrnched into wet hair and not touched whilst it air dries.