October 1st, 2011, 07:08 AM
And I'm inching closer to BSL! :cheese:

Here is my starting point, in April 2010:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5212&pictureid=68006

Here is my hair after a year:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5212&pictureid=99412

And here is now!:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/komodokaji/oct2011-1.jpg

I'm hoping that by April of next year, that I'll be past the bottom of BSL (since my bras have such thick bands, I count BSL when I hit the top. Waist is only a few inches from the bottom of my bra band) and close to waist! :cheese:

vintage88
October 1st, 2011, 07:13 AM
I love seeing your progress :) your hair is looking lovely!

KajiKodomo
October 1st, 2011, 07:23 AM
Thanks vintage88! :D

WaitingSoLong
October 1st, 2011, 07:27 AM
That is awesome growth and did you have any "shaping" trims in there?

racrane
October 1st, 2011, 07:49 AM
That's awesome! Yay! :) Your hair is pretty!

longhairedwolf
October 1st, 2011, 08:01 AM
Good for you! I'm sure you'll be at BSL by April!

Lostsoule77
October 1st, 2011, 08:23 AM
Lookin' Good! I think you'll be at BSL by April, maybe a tad past. :)

KajiKodomo
October 1st, 2011, 08:45 AM
Thanks everyone! :D

WaitingSoLong, I haven't had any trims. I'm letting my hair grow until it hits about tailbone (if it can handle it; I'll be doing S&Ds when necessary) and then will do a trim. :)

CarpeDM
October 1st, 2011, 09:58 AM
That is seriously amazing growth, congrats!!

honeyblonde
October 1st, 2011, 10:02 AM
Wow! Great growth!!

BTW, love the halloween :pumpkin:
jammies!! Will have to get some, I live in mine! :D

KajiKodomo
October 1st, 2011, 10:10 AM
Thanks! :)

And, honeyblonde, thanks, I love Halloween, and will probably wear these year round. :pumpkin:

oktobergoud
October 1st, 2011, 12:39 PM
Woooow that is AMAZING growth!! I wish my hair would grow that fast :(( (growing out a pixie, not even as short as yours and it's no way going to be that long after a year!)
Amazing :D

amantha
October 1st, 2011, 01:39 PM
Woah that is some seriously awesome growth! Did you do anything to make your hair grow faster (like supplements, scalp massaging, etc.) or do you just have lucky genes? :)

P.S.- I also love the Halloween jammies. Halloween is my favorite holiday and I would totally rock those year round as well. :pumpkin:

jaine
October 1st, 2011, 01:43 PM
Lovely! Do you have any dry pictures?
I love the idea of getting a buzz cut and then letting it grow without any trims...it has a transient, natural, "wabi sabi" kind of appeal. If that makes any sense. :)

KajiKodomo
October 1st, 2011, 01:47 PM
Thanks oktobergoud!

Woah that is some seriously awesome growth! Did you do anything to make your hair grow faster (like supplements, scalp massaging, etc.) or do you just have lucky genes? :)

P.S.- I also love the Halloween jammies. Halloween is my favorite holiday and I would totally rock those year round as well. :pumpkin:

Thanks! I don't do anything special to my hair. I use sulfates and cones (and occasional oil). I guess I do have lucky genes, haha.

KajiKodomo
October 1st, 2011, 01:50 PM
Lovely! Do you have any dry pictures?
I love the idea of getting a buzz cut and then letting it grow without any trims...it has a transient, natural, "wabi sabi" kind of appeal. If that makes any sense. :)

I don't have any dry pictures. My hair curls up on the bottom when it's dry, so it looks much shorter, haha. I suppose I should get a length picture when it's dry for curiosity's sake. :D

jaine
October 1st, 2011, 01:53 PM
I think it looks great and I'm impressed with how well the shape held up while it was growing. I think the layers look very natural and the U-shaped hemline is really symmetrical. My hair grows faster on one side, so I'm jealous! :)

jojo
October 1st, 2011, 02:25 PM
Fantastic growth and yes BSL is not very far off for you, your hair looks so healthy too. Well done!

lw8666
October 1st, 2011, 08:56 PM
Great progress!!!

going gray
October 1st, 2011, 09:04 PM
Enjoy your hair...amazing growth!

WinterButterfly
October 1st, 2011, 09:27 PM
Your hair looks healthy and nice. Great job growing it back out fresh!

Manzanilla
October 2nd, 2011, 06:24 AM
I cant see the first photo :(

KajiKodomo
October 2nd, 2011, 06:56 AM
Thanks everyone! :D

luluj
October 2nd, 2011, 07:15 AM
KajiKodomo, I would like to add my congratulations as well! I have followed your journey from the beginning and I am so impressed by your growth! I also started from a very short crop, my "down to the wood chop" as I refer to it, so I know what it is like to start from scratch and stay the course.;) Happy growing!!

yvsa
October 2nd, 2011, 07:35 AM
Amazing growth. Wow:thud:.

jacqueline101
October 2nd, 2011, 09:07 AM
Congratulation on the growth it would be amazing to see where you are next year on your growth progress.

einna
October 2nd, 2011, 09:40 AM
Amazing growth, looking good =) And I just have to say that you really rocked the buzz, it made your pretty eyes really show! :)

Miss Maisie
October 2nd, 2011, 10:19 AM
Your hair looks great, and WOW does it grow fast!