PDA

View Full Version : Hair growth progress pictures!

pes3108
September 30th, 2011, 11:04 PM
Hey all! I joined this forum in August, but I have been trying to track the growth of my hair since earlier in the summer. The first picture is middle of June. Oh and the pictures are clickable for a bigger view!

http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff397/pes3108/th_002.jpg (http://s1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff397/pes3108/?action=view&current=002.jpg)

the second picture is from today! I didn't realize it, but I have definitely had some growth. My hair is thick, but my ends are getting thin I know - I have so many layers from a previous hair cut. The shortest layers are barely shoulder and the longest are just hitting waist. I had a trim last January and I'm trying to make it until January 2012 to get another one and even things back out. Hopefully my ends will be at a solid waist by Christmas before I trim them back a smidge :D Anyway, this is my hair today, at its most natural. I had washed it for the first time in almost a week with a SLS shampoo and a coney conditioner and then let it air dry completely with no products.

http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff397/pes3108/th_002-1.jpg (http://s1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff397/pes3108/?action=view&current=002-1.jpg)

Also, I have my hair typed as a 3a, but after seeing some of the other 3a's here, I'm not so sure. Opinions are appreciated :) And thank you guys for all of the great advice! Since I've joined here I've stopped coloring my hair, stopped with the hot tools, and have started using coconut oil. I'm not sure if you can tell by the second picture, but I have a bit of fuzz (new growth :D) around the top of my head! I can tell a huge difference in my hair since I put down all the chemicals and hot things, so thank you all!!!

C.H.
September 30th, 2011, 11:09 PM
Impressive growth. Good for you! You're definitely gaining thickness.

pes3108
September 30th, 2011, 11:12 PM
thank you so much C.H.!

gypsymoth
September 30th, 2011, 11:19 PM
Our hair is very similar (sorry I don't have any pictures). Do you find that it's easy to comb out your hair into waves, or during a certain day in your routine it curls more/less? I typed myself at 2c/3a just because my hair can turn more wavy (instead of being super curly) when I haven't washed for a bit.

And gorgeous progress! :)

owlathena
October 1st, 2011, 02:04 AM
Wow! Lovely hair and lots of growth!

MyKing'sQueen
October 1st, 2011, 02:10 AM
Wow! Are you doing anything for the growth? Your hair has definitely gotten longer! Congratulations!:D

jojo
October 1st, 2011, 05:20 AM
I do see a little growth but your head position is different in the first photo its more dipped so it makes your hair look shorter.

Really beautiful colour and curls though! :)

MissAlida
October 1st, 2011, 07:37 AM
Your hair looks amazing. I'd say you are more of a 2c/3a, because, I think the top of your hair is wavy rather than curly...It looks alot like mine. My hair, when brushed out, turns into long, soft waves with a few ringlets on the ends...

longhairedwolf
October 1st, 2011, 08:03 AM
Your hair is beautiful!I love the wurls, the colour and the shine.

Lostsoule77
October 1st, 2011, 08:20 AM
Your hair is so pretty! I love the color in the second photo.

pes3108
October 1st, 2011, 08:36 AM
I do see a little growth but your head position is different in the first photo its more dipped so it makes your hair look shorter.

Really beautiful colour and curls though! :)

Thank you! I'm not sure if my head was dipped or not in the first picture. I had taken a picture right before that and found that I was leaning my head back so I stood as straight as possible. I think what it could've been was that I had put it in a damp bun for almost the whole day and that made it more "springy" than when I just let it air dry naturally.

pes3108
October 1st, 2011, 08:42 AM
Our hair is very similar (sorry I don't have any pictures). Do you find that it's easy to comb out your hair into waves, or during a certain day in your routine it curls more/less? I typed myself at 2c/3a just because my hair can turn more wavy (instead of being super curly) when I haven't washed for a bit.

Yeah, definitely!! The longer my hair goes without washing it can do several different things. If I brush it out, it will get wavy but then over the course of the day curl back up, but it will be a bit looser than before. If I keep it in a bun the curls will be really springy.

And gorgeous progress! :)
thank you :)

Wow! Lovely hair and lots of growth!
thank you!

Wow! Are you doing anything for the growth? Your hair has definitely gotten longer! Congratulations!:D
not really. like i said, i've just stopped coloring it and haven't straightened it once all summer. I can definitely tell a difference in my hair since I stopped coloring it.

Your hair looks amazing. I'd say you are more of a 2c/3a, because, I think the top of your hair is wavy rather than curly...It looks alot like mine. My hair, when brushed out, turns into long, soft waves with a few ringlets on the ends...
yeah that's exactly how my hair gets when brushed out. I wish the top was curly as well...

Your hair is beautiful!I love the wurls, the colour and the shine.
thank you!

Your hair is so pretty! I love the color in the second photo.
thanks! that is more of my natural color because I stopped using all of the semi-permanent dyes and just let the sun lighten my hair.

Rocket22
October 1st, 2011, 09:05 AM
Wow great growth! I would say you are closer to 2c maybe 3a? but I'm certainly no expert I'm sure the girls in the 3 catagory can chime in.