PDA

View Full Version : First hair pics!

amantha
September 30th, 2011, 07:46 PM
So I just joined the LHC about a month ago. I had never purposely photographed my hair before tonight. I'm actually having a bad hair day today (the weather is gross) and my hair is a bit more wavy normally. I've also been going through a major shed the past 5 or 6 month due to being iron deficient, which has made my hair much thinner, and me very sad :(. Also the lighting in my bathroom makes my hair look super dull in these photos...I don't know why. But yeah I've been procrastinating on studying for my physics exam so I decided to do this instead. :D

The first photo is me attempting to photograph my hair by myself. However I have one of those 3-paneled medicine cabinet bathroom mirror things and the seams between the panels got in the way....but you get the idea. The second photo is an hour or two later when my boyfriend got back and I asked him to take a photo of my hair for me. Anyway, here you go!

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d102/amanthaaaa/Hair/IMG_0201resize-1.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d102/amanthaaaa/Hair/IMG_0209resize.jpg

ETA: Ack!! I don't know why the second one is sideways! I rotated it!

MsBubbles
September 30th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Looks like you're off to a great start, here!

amantha
September 30th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Thanks, MsBubbles! :)

Yozhik
September 30th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Ooh, your hair is very pretty! I love how waist length hair looks on you, and I also like your hair's subtle gradations of color. :cloud9:

Quetiepi
September 30th, 2011, 09:26 PM
You have very pretty hair. It looks very healthy to me!

Lostsoule77
September 30th, 2011, 09:27 PM
I love your color! Your hair is really pretty. It's amazing to me how we can think we are not looking well and others can think we look great. :)

Cassie 123
September 30th, 2011, 10:34 PM
I really love the length and the U-hemline. If this is post-shed then you must have had boatloads of hair before! It still looks nice and thick. Good luck on your exam!

RedDevil
September 30th, 2011, 10:38 PM
It looks really nice! Your hemline is beautiful

amantha
October 1st, 2011, 12:04 AM
Thanks guys! :inlove: That's my natural hair color. I can never tell if it has a blonde or red cast in the light....different lighting, different effects I guess. But I'm glad it's all virgin hair now after years of blending in black chemical dye so I could grow it out. And yeah I did have a ton of hair before my shed. My hairs themselves are actually fine I think, but I just had a ton of them. I think I get all bummed about it being thin because I usually pull it to the front (like draped over my shoulders and hanging in front of my chest) which makes it seem less thick to me. I used to be able to do that and still have a good bit in the back. But I'm glad to know it still looks good, even to people on LHC with high hair standards. :D It is weird how we (obviously myself included) get self conscious about things that most people don't notice. I think I've been sitting in my living room, staring enviously at my prints of these paintings of long-haired ladies too long:

http://www.trippystore.com/shop/images/items/po-299.jpg

http://www.paintinghere.com/uploadpic/Edmund%20Blair%20Leighton/big/The%20Accolade.jpg

http://www.barewalls.com/i/c/401710_The-Lady-Of-Shalott.jpg :cheese:

owlathena
October 1st, 2011, 12:12 AM
Your hair is lovely!

pink.sara
October 1st, 2011, 01:01 AM
Your hair is lovely. :) also it would be interesting to see what happened to your waves if you followed the Curly Girl method or "plopped" to dry it. Your waves give you pretty texture.

amantha
October 1st, 2011, 01:05 AM
Your hair is lovely. :) also it would be interesting to see what happened to your waves if you followed the Curly Girl method or "plopped" to dry it. Your waves give you pretty texture.

I haven't really read much about curly hair care. How does one plop their hair dry? I love having waves so anything that would make my hair wavier would be awesome! :cheese:

jojo
October 1st, 2011, 05:37 AM
Your way too hard on yourself, you have beautiful thick hair, I see no thinness! and your colour, length and texture is beautiful. You do have an excellent start.

newbeginning
October 1st, 2011, 05:52 AM
Your hair looks great (even on a so called bad hair day). It still looks very thick despite the shed.

Eternal.Fiend
October 1st, 2011, 10:43 AM
That is my dream hair :crush:

sheepofshalott
October 2nd, 2011, 09:12 PM
Lovely hemline! I love the color. :)

SoulOfTheSea
October 2nd, 2011, 09:22 PM
Looks great! Nice shine and hemline, you're off to an awesome start! :)

Avital88
October 3rd, 2011, 05:14 AM
if this is what you start with ..wow you will have a great 1 year anniversary, i can see you being at tailbone in a year already:)

lizdini
October 3rd, 2011, 05:41 AM
Hi! Your hair is beautiful!

CastaDiva
October 3rd, 2011, 06:24 AM
I think your hair looks beautiful and healthy:)

pepperpot
October 3rd, 2011, 06:59 AM
Your hair is just as lovely as the hair in those prints you provided links for. I love those pictures.