PDA

View Full Version : If your hair had a personality would it be a?? *silly*

EvaSimone
July 2nd, 2008, 10:13 PM
I just had to ask!! :cheese:

My hair started out as a diva, it never wanted to stay up, would get tangled, and would turn into a nest if I tried something that it just didn't like (eggs and honey mask... :o)... So although the rest of me is drama free my hair was like Mariah Carey on steroids... it only wanted perfection, nothing less.

For some reason though it's now practically wash and wear, I don't really know what has happened perhaps I am just having a good streak or something but I was curious what everyone else thinks their hair is personality wise.

Kiraela
July 2nd, 2008, 10:59 PM
I'm pretty sure my hair's a hermit.. it doesn't get too out of control no matter what I do... I know what it likes, and try to give it to it, but it doesn't get all "rawwwr" if I don't, if that makes sense.

It tends to stay where I put it about 75% of the time, which is pretty good.

jenna
July 2nd, 2008, 11:05 PM
it's pretty laid back and hermit-ish. goes with the flow.

soleluna
July 3rd, 2008, 12:49 AM
hermit here :D

nappywomyn
July 3rd, 2008, 10:12 AM
Definitely Diva.

I do what my hair tells me to, and if I dare to wander too far from that, oh the hair, she makes me pay for it. :lol:

Anje
July 3rd, 2008, 10:18 AM
Definitely hermit.

It's tolerant of just about anything I do to it and never quite perfect either. My hair just does its own thing, and I let it.

crebbsgirl
July 3rd, 2008, 10:18 AM
Definitely diva. I am trying my best to curb all urges to try to tame it, but my hair does what it wants, when it wants and boo me for trying to tell it what to do!! :)

wintersun99
July 3rd, 2008, 11:13 AM
another Hermit here... my hair goes with the flow, is pretty resilient, doesn't need much, will only "fight back" when I do something very extreme... :)

kate46
July 3rd, 2008, 11:20 AM
Hmmmm my hair definitely has a manic depressive personality, one day it is just too happy, bouncy, soft, shiny and shouting "hey look at me", the next day it is sooo down in the dumps, flat, thin, frizzy, dull and totally unsociable :rolleyes:.

ETA I didn't actually notice the poll LOL so I guess I should have chosen diva!

Starr
July 3rd, 2008, 11:23 AM
My hair's definately a diva. . . there's no telling it what to do, because it will have it's way anyways.

Eireann
July 3rd, 2008, 11:31 AM
I voted for Hermit. It definitely prefers to be left alone.

Islandgrrl
July 3rd, 2008, 11:36 AM
My hair is definitely the class clown.

It's always one goofy surprise after another.... :silly:

jojo
July 3rd, 2008, 12:38 PM
my hair is like my personality 'crazy' never does as its told and only does as its told when its been spoiled with a nice drink (conditioner!) just see avatar!

Angellen
July 3rd, 2008, 07:43 PM
My hair was mild and obedient until I hit waist. Then it decided hey, I've got some length now! Time to do what I want! and since then its been picky and grumpy. I'm optimistic that with some tweaking it'll go back to its mild-mannered self, but who knows.....

jojo
July 3rd, 2008, 11:08 PM
and after you treated it so well, how very dare it!

Ndnlady
July 3rd, 2008, 11:50 PM
My hair is pretty calm most of the time, so I would call it a hermit!:)

nappywomyn
July 4th, 2008, 12:55 PM
I wonder if curlier hair tends to be more Diva'ish, overall. :lol:

Naluin
July 4th, 2008, 04:16 PM
My hair likes to spoiled every once in a while, but it generally prefers to be left to its own devices. It will let me know when it needs attention and heaven forbid I bother it when it wants to be left alone!

So... that makes my hair part cat? :hmm:

nastasska
July 5th, 2008, 03:16 AM
My hair is Miss Piggy :rollin: HiiiiiiYa

AerisDawn
July 5th, 2008, 04:36 AM
Diva! It's the most temperamental,hard to manage hair ever.

crystal_89
July 5th, 2008, 06:58 AM
My hair depends on the cut. For so long it was hermit... then I got layers and its been diva for the last couple of months. Hair refuses to be worn down in public without the aid of a flat iron. But I know it will grow out of it and become more manageable again, eventually.

flapjack
July 5th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Mine is either sleek, filled with volume, shine and generally fantastic. Or a poofy and ropey mess with hairs sticking up in all directions.

But it's usually pretty flexible and resilient and listens to what I say.

lora410
July 5th, 2008, 03:50 PM
My hair is such a diva. If I do the slightest thing wrong or a new product it dislikes it will get dry, tangly and NOT HAPPY.

DecafJane
July 5th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Diva! It does what it does, only when it wants to, but it likes wearing expensive toys. :p :)

nicolezoie
July 6th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Diva. No question about it. It has a mind of its own, and does what it wants, when it wants, for as long as it wants to. I'm just the custodian of my hair. It will Tolerate lesser-Diva things like using inexpensive hair accessories, but they better be QUALITY ones otherwise I get all kinds of attitude from it. But when it decides to be good, it's legendary. :D

Buddaphlyy
July 6th, 2008, 09:59 PM
She'd be a diva. Heck, she's a diva now.

Stuff that works good Wednesday makes her mad on Sunday and can't be corrected until the next Thursday. Comb her in one way, she's start falling the other way. She's so all over the place.

Haith
July 7th, 2008, 01:21 PM
My hair is pretty easy to look after. Although, it never stays up-- it just slips around. All it needs is a wash a couple times a week.

theanti
September 12th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Definitely diva, curls for miles in every direction, it seems :-P She does what she wants, when she wants.

JessTheMess
September 12th, 2008, 12:02 PM
I voted the cheese option lol. My hair is a total free spirit, usually letting me do what I want, but most times playfully misbehaving. Too wiry to be a hermit, but plays too nicely to be a diva :D

mooglewoo
September 12th, 2008, 03:03 PM
I clicked mixture.
For the most part she does what I tell her to. Sometimes she fights back and I have to tame her in some kind of bun.
I swear she has a mind of her own...

Soniasonia
September 12th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Diva!!! I have to brush it multiple times a day.

Anlbe
September 12th, 2008, 03:32 PM
My hair is a bit flakey, laid back and generally happy to go with the flow - I want it to curl, colour, straighten etc and it does so pretty easily- I'm the only person I know who can put their hair into a bun without pin, sticks etc.
However the price to pay for this laidbackness is a delicacy, sometimes its so laid back it just stops bothering and breaks off.

RoseRedDead
September 12th, 2008, 04:27 PM
I picked the last option.

My hair likes love and affection, gentle carresses - beware, if you touch it/wash it/do-anything-to-it too much it will shy away and become unhappy...

ilovelonghair
September 12th, 2008, 04:54 PM
I couldn't vote because my hair is just stubborn in personality :D

winter_star
September 13th, 2008, 02:07 AM
My hair is a Diva! It plays by it's own rules and never wants to do anything I try to make it do.

sahiba
September 13th, 2008, 08:03 AM
I couldn't vote because my hair is just stubborn in personality :D

Now thats a bit different :grin: I like this one. But I loved the Divas:smirk: Too cute.
I wouldlove to describe my hair as that of JessTheMess. She put it really well for both of us; ) :)

Bene
September 13th, 2008, 12:30 PM
my hair a hermit, for the most part. it's got this whole "be nice to me, and i'll be nice to you" sort of additude, with the added "don't take me out in the rain, i hate the rain!!!"

kwaniesiam
September 13th, 2008, 01:49 PM
My hair would be an unruly child that does the exact opposite of what I want it to :silly:

MadHatter
September 13th, 2008, 03:17 PM
I voted hermit. My hair generally does what I want it to do. Generally. It does have it's moments where it just won't behave.

amberdakota
September 14th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Diva all the way. My hair is wavy and big...it goes where it wants to go, and does what it wants to do. Sometimes that is good, sometimes that is not so good... :-(

Medvssa
September 17th, 2008, 11:55 AM
It goes wherever it wants, so I guess it is a diva :D

Raven69
November 17th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Definately a diva, I do exactly what she wants - if I make her mad - she'll make me pay.

Some days smooth, soft, silky and shiny. Other days nappy, dry, brittle, coarse, frizzy (too much volume, poofy). Others wavy or curly and mellow.

Vitalai
November 17th, 2008, 05:06 PM
My hair behaves most of the time, even though my bangs are in that awful growing out stage. I voted simple hermit.

Ryanne
November 18th, 2008, 09:23 AM
It's mostly a diva, it gets poofy fast.

Monsterkitti
November 18th, 2008, 09:34 AM
I voted mixture. Its usually a hermit but then when I try to wear it down and curly the real diva side comes out and it needs the moon on a stick to look good :)

Citrine
November 19th, 2008, 04:36 PM
Definitely delicious, like feta cheese :yumm:

Speckla
November 19th, 2008, 05:30 PM
:cheese:kinky:eyebrows:
________
TOYOTA CELICA (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Toyota_Celica)

Crinita
November 19th, 2008, 05:56 PM
If by Diva you mean "super-stealthy-ninja-what-strikes-fear-in-the-hearts-of-all-who-anger-it" then yeah, Diva. :D

Pax,
Crinita

AnnaMarie
November 26th, 2008, 05:56 PM
My hair is definately a diva. It does what it wants, when it wants to. It demands attention 24/7 and boy can it have a tantrum!:rolleyes:

spidermom
November 26th, 2008, 05:59 PM
What do you mean "If" ?

smilinjenn71
November 26th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Mine used to be Hermit when it was really short. Always perfectly put, day in and day out. Now that it's growing...HA, no more hermit! It's getting to Diva status very quickly....ugh!

Lamb
November 26th, 2008, 06:49 PM
What do you mean "If" ?

:lol:
Mine is a hermit. It is scrawny, unkempt and doesn't like to be looked at much.

zen_oven
December 15th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Diva! My hair is really fussy and does whatever it wants. Seriously, if I didn't know better I'd say it has a mind of its own. :p

Silver & Gold
December 15th, 2008, 08:05 PM
I voted cheese because my hair is a 'stand-up comedian'.

viking_quest
December 18th, 2008, 11:50 AM
My hair as always been a diva. It likes to flip out at the ends (which it never did before) and my part likes to move around my head. I've just learned to embrace it and put it up (as best as I can) if I don't like what it's doing. On some lucky days I'm a hermit.

~GypsyCurls~
December 18th, 2008, 02:29 PM
Oh mine is definitely a Diva! It does whatever it wants!

Marie99
December 18th, 2008, 06:51 PM
If my hair had a personality, it would have multiple personalities and at least one of them would be criminal.

sneakybea
December 18th, 2008, 07:04 PM
I voted "Diva" because my hair does what it wants, but if I indulge its moods, it's totally worth it!

frogette
December 21st, 2008, 01:53 AM
It would be independant with a sense of contradiction. I have a bad case of a cowlick that makes any styling difficult. Plus, my scalp could use anger management; every now and then, it throws a tantrum and reacts to something it didn't like by producing sebum like there's no tomorrow and shedding like it's going out of style.

Dreamernz
December 25th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Pretty much always hermit though I reckon most people have a diva-day now and again with me being no exception :D

Sissy
December 25th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Simple Hermit here... I don't do anything with it really.

LittleOrca
March 17th, 2009, 12:00 AM
Hermit, I am too humble to be a diva and my hair would probably be the same way.

Briar
March 19th, 2009, 09:49 PM
My hair would be a jealous and possessive girlfriend. *lol* My fiance is always complaining about finding my hairs wrapped around various body parts...

But if I go with the choices, probably more of a hermit. My hair mostly does what I tell it, stays simple, doesn't like a lot of fuss, and is - as Anje said - "never quite perfect either."

PrincessColene
March 22nd, 2009, 02:36 PM
Hermit, definently! It does it's own thing and I do mine...we work better together that way.

JamieLeigh
April 2nd, 2009, 09:57 AM
I guess I'd have to be a mixture...it does best when I leave it alone, but I can't resist a little pampering every now and then! :p

AutumnSky
April 2nd, 2009, 09:59 AM
Cheese!
Rich, creamy, flavorful, goes with everything. ;-p
:cheese::cheese::cheese:

camirra555
April 2nd, 2009, 11:22 AM
My hair is definitely a diva, it looooooves attention

Laurel32
April 2nd, 2009, 03:00 PM
I would say a cross between hermit and diva... Since LHC my diva hair days are becoming less frequent. :D

NeilTheFuzz
April 2nd, 2009, 03:45 PM
OH YES! My hair is a complete nutter. My hair would definately be one plate short of a full set.

Forever_Sophie
April 3rd, 2009, 12:44 PM
Cute poll! Diva, for sure. Very demanding when it comes to styling. Mind of its own, you might say LOL

Phalaenopsis
April 4th, 2009, 04:29 AM
My hair would be delicious! :D

Dachsdragon
April 10th, 2009, 03:17 AM
Diva, Im at its mercy.

HotRag
April 13th, 2009, 05:31 AM
None of the choices. My hair is stubborn.

Nanni
April 13th, 2009, 08:37 AM
I didnt know what to say. So I answerd cheddar and gouda. Mmmm I love cheese!!
I crave some snacks right now.

marzipanthecat
April 13th, 2009, 08:56 AM
I think my hair would be Quentin Crisp.

It's biggest ambition in life is to be an invalid.

(Do read "The Naked Civil Servant" if oyu have no idea what I'm talking about!)

GlassEyes
April 13th, 2009, 09:36 PM
I have a feeling that my hair wouldn't be a "Diva" or a "Hermit".

I think if it had a choice, it'd turn into hissing snakes and bite people. which, by the way, I'm totally for. XD;

Diane Lee
April 16th, 2009, 11:28 PM
My hair would probably be a diva, because I spend so much of my time on it. Between combing it, cutting my split ends, and detangling it, I seem to always be doing something with my hair.

kwaniesiam
April 17th, 2009, 01:14 AM
:cheese: was my vote, because I'm neither. My hair will have a mind of its own one day, and then the next decide to be a wet noodle and just hang there :rolleyes:

leahrachelle
April 17th, 2009, 10:18 PM
If my hair couldn't be damaged, I would do EVERYTHING to it. I absolutely love experimenting. For the sake of growing it out, though, I have vowed not to do anything else to it until I grow it out to my goal length.

SheWolf
April 20th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Neither. It would be a rebel with ADHD and an attitude. Needless to say I rarely win any fights I get into with my hair.

ZaBasDa
April 21st, 2009, 02:46 PM
My hair is more likely to be a diva than a hermit. It does it's own thing no matter what I do to it. Although, I think it is much more the type to be a bunch of snakes or tigers that try and attack people and fight with itself. -_-

KajiKodomo
April 22nd, 2009, 09:14 AM
Right now, my hair is pretty hermit-ish. When it's shorter, it's very diva. It won't do what I want it to do, and fights me every step of the way. No wonder I lived in bandanas and hats the last time I grew out, haha. :D

jay0
April 22nd, 2009, 01:28 PM
Cheese for ever.

LadyDi
April 23rd, 2009, 04:59 PM
Diva here!!! I wish it wasn't...but I think it must be inherent to curly hair. I never know what kind of a hair day I will have, which is annoying. I just try and work with it as best I can. Most of the time I end up pulling it back because I can't control it, but even then, there are always stray curls poking out here and there, just mocking me. :headache:

eyesofsummer
April 23rd, 2009, 05:11 PM
Diva: my hair is a wild animal that will not be contained! :bounce:

Silverlox
April 23rd, 2009, 05:51 PM
Not only is my hair a raging Diva, with a capital D, - she also has a severe bipolar disorder! :rolleyes:

She's either completely maniacal, jumping up and down, preferably the opposite way of what I'd like. Like floating out- and upwards when I want to wear it down and falling down when I put it up. Or, she's deeply depressed and completely flat and limp. :silly:

Needless to say, I get lot's of drama and rarely a quiet day living with this Diva! :eyebrows:

fishwich
April 26th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Neither diva nor hermit, mine is a goofy bastard. Left to its own devices, it would probably be arrested for running pantsless through the mall or something.

QueenTifa
June 16th, 2010, 09:01 PM
I'm in between Diva and Hermit because on some days, it just refuses to cooperate!
And on others, it just looks amazing. So I voted Cheese :)

christine1989
June 16th, 2010, 09:12 PM
My hair was quite a diva when I was in middle and high school but with coconut oil and co washing I have finally beat it into submission! :)

Cheeks1206
June 16th, 2010, 09:20 PM
My hair is a delightful combination of cheddar and gouda with a twist of havarti.

JenniferNoel
June 16th, 2010, 10:02 PM
I compare my hair to Chuck Norris. :p
Well, actually, it's pretty much a hermit. Never fusses, does what it's told, kinda like a really old cat. Doesn't make much trouble.

rapunzhell13
June 16th, 2010, 11:54 PM
Definitely a hermit. Benign neglect is my hair's best friend.

Aurantia
June 16th, 2010, 11:56 PM
My hair is Délice de Bourgogne: versatile, divine and not to be ignored!

sunshine-locks
June 17th, 2010, 12:15 AM
Hmmmm my hair definitely has a manic depressive personality, one day it is just too happy, bouncy, soft, shiny and shouting "hey look at me", the next day it is sooo down in the dumps, flat, thin, frizzy, dull and totally unsociable :rolleyes:.

ETA I didn't actually notice the poll LOL so I guess I should have chosen diva!
wow its like we're hair twins!
annoying to put up with though :rolleyes:

Loreley
June 17th, 2010, 01:12 AM
Mine is diva. :D

*Aoife*
June 17th, 2010, 12:59 PM
My hair is a sulky child! It refuses to do a thing I ask it to and throws tantrums at the most awkward times!

Medievalmaniac
June 17th, 2010, 01:31 PM
My hair is oppositional-defiant, but delightful in its own quirky way. :)

jane53
June 17th, 2010, 01:36 PM
My hair is sensible, strong, and never whines unless I put olive oil on it.

Mae
June 19th, 2010, 05:46 PM
At the moment, my hair is a diva. It is very tricky; it will start out looking good in an up-do or style, but will quickly lose enthusiasm for taking orders and will rebel in an ugly way. I think once my hair is longer and has more weighing it down, it will be more obedient.:D

Twil
June 19th, 2010, 09:05 PM
My hair is a sulker. She'll just sometimes not sit well all day for no reason what so ever.

Gilraen
June 19th, 2010, 09:06 PM
Show-off and fickle.

Garnetgem
January 25th, 2016, 06:54 AM
My hair will sulk if i only make one tiny error in fact it can sulk for weeks!

lapushka
January 25th, 2016, 07:42 AM
Hermit. I keep it nice and confined during the day (LWB).

TatsuOni
January 25th, 2016, 09:11 AM
Diva. It craves food and attention all the time! Lots of oils and it refuses to stay in an updo... I'm just a simple servant that tries to fullfill the needs of my hair:eye:

missrandie
January 25th, 2016, 09:36 AM
Mine would probably like cheese.

It is recalcitrant at times, but not overly showy. It can handle oil and conditioner and shampoo and anything that I want to throw at it without complaint. It will drink up an SMT, not get angry at protein, and will only tangle if the ends start bending. Even then, it's not a big problem.

I would say my hair is like a Frontier woman: no muss, no fuss, pretty but not showy, and is healthy and strong.

lapis_lazuli
January 25th, 2016, 11:00 AM
Diva for sure... won't stay in updos, needs constant babying and S&D... you get the gist ;)

Islandgrrl
January 25th, 2016, 11:29 AM
I answered this thread back in 2008. Yikes. I stand by my assessment of my hair, with a slight modification.

Mild mannered hermit during the day (confined in an updo), up to all kinds of shenanigans at night (when it likes to escape from the sleep bun). I think my hair might be a superhero.

LongCurlyTress
January 25th, 2016, 11:36 AM
My hair is a diva with a wild attitude!! Everytime I allow her to do her own thing, as in dry curly, she tangles horribly the next day. So, I need to keep her in her lazywrap bun or she goes wild! :patrol:

Frankenstein
January 25th, 2016, 12:00 PM
A stubborn diva behind the guise of a hermit. :D

parkmikii
January 26th, 2016, 05:05 AM
Pretty much a hermit. It behaves quite well in updos too.