PDA

View Full Version : It's been awhile, and shampoo.

Afternoonrain
September 30th, 2011, 03:02 PM
I've been here through growing my hair out (cutting off A LOT of damage,) reaching and surpassing my first goal (BSL,) Henna, melting my hair off in henna removal, and my regrowth process.

Currently, I am a bit past shoulder in my length, although I got bored before my ends reached shoulder and cut a faux hauk in the front (since, my bangs have grown out past my eyes and would resemble normal hair style, if not curly.)

I am going to try an experiment. I have been pretty CO ONLY for the past 5 plus years. However, my hair doesn't get greasy, and even if I coconut oil daily (well, really, it ends up being more like every other day) my hair is...um...eh. I usually end up "washing" (ie, getting it wet, maybe, once every week and a half.) And really, no one knows otherwise.

Benign neglect doesn't work for me. It ends up trashed in some way (dry ends, forgetting to care for my hair results in damage of some sort, even if I subconsciously store away and try to implement what "works."

So, I am going to try and use a mild shampoo, on roots only, maybe 3 times a week. Going for CWC. Guess we'll see how it goes. In theory, I am hoping that this can remove a bit more sebum than just CO and scalp massages. If not, I will just go for upping my CO routine and try and be religious with hair care.

I just really, really, want it to GROW. This has always been my least favorite phase ever. I hate it, really. Too long to look like a nice, cute cut, and too short to do anything with, especially with the layers (although with my hairtype, the layers really do help avoid the Christmas tree look.)

amyhenna
September 30th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Well, it's good that you've been through this length before, so you have no stress. You know you can grow longer- it's just a matter of time & care.

Good luck with your new routine. It sounds like a good idea to me to change it up, but in a way that is highly unlikely to cause any new problems.

What kind of mild shampoo do you plan to use? I use Thera-Neem by Organix. No sulfates and paraben-free.