PDA

View Full Version : Creater of all-natural hairspray drinks his product

buttercupmcgee
September 30th, 2011, 01:26 PM
Has anyone tried this hairspray?

I'm curious to pick some up, as aloe gel does not hold a style for me and I'd love to not be spraying poison all over my head, for a myriad of reasons:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFTYTc95PBk

Cassie 123
September 30th, 2011, 02:59 PM
I haven't tried the hairspray, but I've tried a couple shampoos and conditioners from this company. The fragrances are totally natural but very strong, strong enough to literally make my eyes water. They were definitely not worth the price, but that's because it's not so hard to find other, equally healthy shampoo and conditioner options. I don't know what the other options might be for natural hairspray, though.

Eirelin
September 30th, 2011, 05:20 PM
I make lemon spray by chopping up a lemon and boiling it in 2 cups of water, down to 1 cup and strained into a spray bottle. Then, since I don't use it all up that quickly, I add a small amount of vodka as a preservative, and it lives in the refrigerator.

I basically use it as a finishing spray, and it works quite well. It also combs out easily.

Helix
October 1st, 2011, 12:01 AM
lol. This reminds me of a guy who used to taste his own relaxer to prove it was all natural...um...it wasn't and I'm sure what he ate in that commercial was not relaxer.

I'm sure the person your referring to is more honest in his business practices but for some reason this post brought back that memory to me.

pink.sara
October 1st, 2011, 01:18 AM
I make lemon spray by chopping up a lemon and boiling it in 2 cups of water, down to 1 cup and strained into a spray bottle. Then, since I don't use it all up that quickly, I add a small amount of vodka as a preservative, and it lives in the refrigerator.

I basically use it as a finishing spray, and it works quite well. It also combs out easily.

Doesn't this dry your hair out really badly?

I've used lemon in my hair when I was younger to bleach it lighter too. And found it very effective!

I'd be very worried about bleaching and drying it out with both lemon and alcohol in a spray :(