PDA

View Full Version : being forced to stretch washes sux!

archel
September 30th, 2011, 11:08 AM
My hot water heater broke a couple days ago...I'm on day 3 and the dry shampoo isn't helping anymore! It's being fixed today, thank the stars...but lets just say I don't want to go this long...like, ever! My scalp itches. :(

swetiepeti
September 30th, 2011, 11:12 AM
you could not have heated water on the stove to use? Or since it's summer washed with lukewarm?

archel
September 30th, 2011, 11:15 AM
If it's not fixed today I am just gonna lean over the tub and wash with cold water, it's good for your hair anyway! The BF has offered his tub but I have to work tonight...sigh It actually doesn't *look* terrible, since I french braided it, but it feels awful! I could stretch if I could get over the feeling.

gretchen_hair
September 30th, 2011, 11:16 AM
WalMart has solar showers, it's a heavy vinyl bag that is black on one side and clear in the other, it has a hose and small shower head on it. It holds 6 gallons of water.

Fill bag, sit it in the sun with black side up. Wait a few hours, enjoy warm shower or hair washing.

archel
September 30th, 2011, 11:17 AM
That is BRILLIANT! I am going to look for this since we have snow storms every winter and lose power - thank you thank you!!

xoxophelia
September 30th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Fill your bath with enough water to take a bath with a washcloth and wash your hair. Just add in a pot of boiling water to the bath of cold water and it will not be totally frigid.

archel
September 30th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Thanks - I'd do that but the water is off today to repair the heater. If it's not done by the time I'm off work, I am headed to the BF's house, where yes I do keep extras of my Giovanni S and C and a tiny bottle of argan oil, hahaha