PDA

View Full Version : Diluting shampoo = crazy lather! Who knew?

buttercupmcgee
September 30th, 2011, 10:20 AM
The title pretty much sums it up....I've always applied shampoo straight from my palm, and it never really lathered up much, and I also felt like random bits wouldn't get properly washed (ie, the parts in the middle, back of my head would still be heavy and oilier than the canopy, or the hair underneath which I had direct access to.

Anyway, I diluted for the first time last night (about a teaspoon in a bottle of water) and omggggg the suds! I couldn't get over the lather.

I also loved the precise application....squeezing it all over my scalp, and getting every inch of root clean. My hair looks so voluminous today, it's crazy.

I am in love!!! I feel like I could even get away with about 4 drops of shampoo.

Does anyone else get crazy lather with this method? I didn't know there would be a benefit beyond a gentler cleaning....it's weird because it's gentler, but also much more effective.

spidermom
September 30th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Not all shampoos are the same. Some give crazy lather diluted, some only a little. I love how making shampoo solution enables me/us to get it all over the scalp, not to mention saving money on shampoo. It's pretty concentrated stuff!

buttercupmcgee
September 30th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Not all shampoos are the same. Some give crazy lather diluted, some only a little. I love how making shampoo solution enables me/us to get it all over the scalp, not to mention saving money on shampoo. It's pretty concentrated stuff!

It really is! I should have taken a cue from the fact that a few wee drops of dish detergent is enough to soak an entire load....same principal!

tigereye
September 30th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Yeah mine goes super sudsy. I love it. I love my diluted shampoo. Who needs the concentrated stuff, eh?

cindy58
September 30th, 2011, 11:37 AM
That's one reason I like diluting too -- though I'm not particularly skimpy with the amount of shampoo I use.

Diluting (dog) shampoo works great on dogs too -- I always did it with my Golden Retriever, it was a help in getting her water resistant fur cleaner.

swearnsue
September 30th, 2011, 11:46 AM
I just started diluting my shampoo this week and was also surprised at the amount of lather I got. I've been doing that for my dogs for years, just never thought about doing it for myself!

starlamelissa
September 30th, 2011, 09:37 PM
When I dilute either my baby shampoo or my clarifying shampoo they get really sudsy, and hair gets cleaner in the weird spots that can be missed. I use like a 3 second squeeze in a 4 oz repurposed developer bottle. I think a ketchup bottle would work nicely too.

Roseate
September 30th, 2011, 10:28 PM
I feel like I could even get away with about 4 drops of shampoo.

That's about how much I use these days! I just kept putting less and less in, it gets distributed so effectively it really doesn't take much. This is high up on my list of best LHC tips.

justgreen
September 30th, 2011, 10:54 PM
I've been diluting my shampoo for about five years now. What I save in not having to buy shampoo all the time, helps me afford all the conditioners I need. LOL.