PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Hairtoy Tricks

julierockhead
September 30th, 2011, 10:16 AM
When I hold my Quattro starlight u-pins lightly by the "U" and pinch the ends together and let go, they act as a tuning fork and make a really cool sound. :cheese: Freaks the kitties out, too, which is always a plus.

What do your hairtoys do?

archel
September 30th, 2011, 11:11 AM
LOL that's cute! My metal-free elastics are cat toys and when I clean under the bed I usually find at least 3 or 4....

BrennalaRosa
September 30th, 2011, 11:37 AM
My cats eat my hair elastics. I'll find the remains of them lying on the floor in the morning. Also, sufficiently washed and not made of anything toxic, hairsticks are fun to eat with.

Sagi1982
September 30th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Sometimes I use long hair pins as cable needle in my knitting.

PinkyCat
September 30th, 2011, 12:22 PM
When the hinges of eyeshadow or blush breaks, I hold them closed with hair elastics. I use bobby pins to hold the gaps between the buttons of sweaters closed.

julierockhead
November 2nd, 2011, 05:21 PM
I used one of my u-hairpins to hold two places in a book I was reading...then used the same pin to pry a nail out of the wall. It's like a superhero tool, only I carry it on my head instead of in a utility belt. I should just start wearing two so I don't have to take down my hair to use it.

luthein
November 2nd, 2011, 05:33 PM
I can do fundamental pen-spinning tricks with a hair stick, like the charge and the sonic.

Amber_Maiden
November 2nd, 2011, 05:40 PM
:eyebrows: I once used one to pic a lock...

Mythica
November 2nd, 2011, 08:41 PM
I used a hair elastic to fix the printer. For some reason the little plastic thing that snaps into place to keep the ink cartridge in kept popping up. When that happened, the cartridge wasn't in the proper position for the ink to come out onto the paper, so the printer would go through the motions of printing,but only blank pages would come out.
It became a real roll of the dice when printing newsletters and such. One day I spent an hour in front of the thing, cussing, absolutely infuriated. Then it dawned on me to take a hair elastic out of my hair and use it to hold the plastic thing in place.
Printer's worked fine ever since.

caiti42
November 2nd, 2011, 09:25 PM
I clip my beak clip to my lip. I have no idea why and it hurts but it's an awful habbit :(

julierockhead
November 6th, 2011, 02:20 PM
I can do fundamental pen-spinning tricks with a hair stick, like the charge and the sonic.

What are pen-spinning tricks?