PDA

View Full Version : Self defense and hair

Ava666
September 29th, 2011, 10:55 PM
I'm taking a self defense class right now, and today after class I asked the teacher what to do if someone were to grab my hair, he showed me what to do (basically you reach behind you grab the hand and tist your body around, and or punch backwards)

And I asked if you could get in trouble if they were just touching (like quite a few people have issues with) and gave the example of someone coming up and rnning their hand through my hair, he said, just hit once, Hard, and then walk away. They touch you, you can react. Now to tell my friends not to sneak up behind me :D

And there was another student standing there listening, and he said it was creepy that someone would just walk up and touch someone else hair... see weirdos its not normal, lol, esp. now days when there's so many creeps out there.

Safira
September 30th, 2011, 12:12 AM
I think that long hair make people react like a child. You know: "woaah, such beautiful hair, I want to touch it".
Actually I understand why people want to touch someones hair, I have that urge sometimes. But I donīt touch peoples hair, itīs rude. Itīs rare that people have long, shiny and healthy hair. If you see something that pleases your eyes, people want to touch it. We have that kind of need, itīs a sense.

I never slapt anyone because he/she has touched my hair. Of course if someoneīs going to pull my hair or try to hurt me, thatīn another story, but because someone want to touch it, I wouldnīt hit.

People are sometimes freaky, sometimes curious but you have to be sure that they mean to do something nasty before hitting. Words are weapons, use them with care.

Lize
September 30th, 2011, 01:34 AM
It's so weird that people do that! It never happened to me except for the occasional ponytail jerk from a college or a friend. (Which of course pissed me off at the time.) My hair is simply not long enough to attract attention yet.

But once I saw this woman in the subway with amazing thick hair, maybe 2a/2b, with a blunt hemline that was down to her tailbone. Really thud-worthy hair, and I could not help myself from staring at her. I had looked at her for a few seconds when a gang of young adults passed her and one of the girls touched her hair! And the woman with the hair didn't even notice. I was pretty freaked out by seeing that, God knows what people would do. Sad if that should be a reason not to wear one's hair down in public...

ssjhotau2
September 30th, 2011, 02:10 AM
I think any kind of intentional unwanted physical contact against your will should result in immediate punishment for the guilty party. I HATE when people I don't know touch me at work and I've gotten really good at being mean, I've never hit anyone though- but hey- if they're creepy enough- they initiated it by intentionally touching you (battery) and you are allowed to defend yourself.

Purdy Bear
September 30th, 2011, 05:09 AM
You would be surprised how many times I was 'touched' when I had long hair and even now with no hair.

I got people screaming at me in excitement with my fairy tale ends. Iv had complete strangers say I should have my hair cut off while they yanked it here and there.

Iv had one chap draw a kitchen knife because he not only didnt like my 'negro' hair (it was black and curly) but didnt like the fact it was long. He was autistic or something and couldnt handle my hair. The people in his area had to fight to get him into care as his parents just were getting it with his violence.

On another occasion a guy on the bus pulled my hair sharply just to see if it was a wig. He later got very embarrassed when his new job was working in a warehouse our company used and I visited regularly. He still thought my hair was a wig, until I turned my head upside down and showed him my huge Alopecia patches.

Now I get those who think Im having chemo, and wont have it that I have an Alopecia.

I always think a good thick braid would make a great weapon in itself.

Eirelin
September 30th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Jackie Chan's queue in "Shanghai Knights" was one of the coolest weapons I have ever seen.

Modarunner
October 1st, 2011, 01:12 AM
I have used my hair as a weapon. Unintentionally of course. When I was younger and had waist length hair, I had it in a ponytail and whipped my hair around really fast hitting the kid standing next to me. He said it really did hurt. Either that or he was just a wimp.

owlathena
October 1st, 2011, 01:31 AM
my friends complain all the time that when I turn my head my pony hits them in the face...

C.H.
October 1st, 2011, 01:40 AM
That's a good idea. I should ask my intructor about this. I've wondered about it, but never thought to ask.

Blackfire
October 2nd, 2011, 03:50 PM
I HATE when people touch my hair without asking... and when they do ask then its kinda creepy... so maybe people should touch their own hair and be happy with it -_- I was in tae kwon do for 6 years as a kid, and retained a lot of the instincts that those classes pound into you. I had a guy run his hands through my hair and I elbowed him in the gut before he knew it. Felt kinda bad, but he understood so it was all good. He knew it was creepy! haha

Ava666
October 2nd, 2011, 04:40 PM
and then my question to some of these people, if you know it's creepy, why do it? If you know you shouldn't do something and then do it anyways, you kinda deserve being hit. and here comes my evil little shoulder buddy *w*

spidermom
October 2nd, 2011, 04:47 PM
The last person who touched my hair was an elderly woman. I should punch her once, hard? The person before that had Down's syndrome. I should have punched him?

Not everyone who touches is creepy.

Ava666
October 2nd, 2011, 05:05 PM
no, but if a middle aged man comes up to me and starts touching my hair (and I have been mistaken by just about everyone for a 14-16 yr old) that is really creepy, and I'm sorry but a guy like that should be hit. that's pedo behavior in my opinion.

celebriangel
October 2nd, 2011, 05:54 PM
If someone *grabbed* my hair, my first instinct would be to elbow them in the face/throat. By first instinct, I mean it would happen before I thought about it.

But if someone just surprised me with a touch, I wouldn't. There would have to be some indication of physical threat.