PDA

View Full Version : If you were at terminal length right now..would you keep it or change it? :)

Magicknthenight
July 2nd, 2008, 09:21 PM
Well after some wondering about this thread i've decided to finially make it! Since my slow hair growth I dont currently measure I had a while where i thought..."Is my hair even growing?!". I would see information about terminal length and try to think.."nah not yet :pray:." But it got me to wondering...If i was suddenly at terminal length would I keep it this long..Or get a different style since I wouldn't reach my goal. I came up with the conclusion that since I want my hair to be really long and if i wasn't able to, I do believe i would experiment with some new hairstyles! :o Yes its true. I maybe would even get a new style and add a bunch of colors that i wouldn't with hair im trying to get longer. Then it got me to thinking...hmm i wonder what the other members of TLHC would do?
(I did realize my hair had not hit terminal length and was still growing...slow but continuously)
I would love to hear what you would do! Would you rock it at the length its at?! Or try a new hairstyle?

yogachic
July 2nd, 2008, 09:23 PM
I really don't know if I would keep it or change it. I have never had terminal length hair. I would probably cut it, because that long of hair, is too long for me.

Riot Crrl
July 2nd, 2008, 09:41 PM
Impossible to say, since I don't know what my terminal length is. If it was classic or not much longer I'd probably keep it around at least a little while. Much longer than that and I don't think I'd do well with the upkeep for too long. I'd probably keep it around long enough for some pictures and then cut it back some.

BBGrrl
July 2nd, 2008, 09:54 PM
My hair may be at terminal. It went from growing 1" per month to barely making 1/4". I love my hair length and I look terible with it shorter. My hair is with me for the long haul. I can experiment with all sorts of styles as it is without feeling like I am missing something.

EvaSimone
July 2nd, 2008, 10:29 PM
The longest I am going to grow my hair is classic length so if terminal length happens before classic than I would definitely keep it and still treat it nicely. If terminal length was classic I might cut it to tailbone or waist.

I wouldn't dye it or experiment with it too much, I've been there and done that I just like having low maintenance hair that looks pretty and healthy.

Magicknthenight
July 2nd, 2008, 10:45 PM
Ah thats wonderful. I love growing my hair long and don't intend to stop. Though i have always wanted to try neat colors:D:p
I meant if it hit terminal at the length i'm at now. Just wanted to clear that up cuz when i read what i wrote it seemed a little confusing :o
Once my hair gets to waist, even if i did hit terminal, i would keep it! I love long lengths of hair. I want to get my hair knee length. But anything waist or longer will leave me super happy! I wouldn't cut if i was atleast that long. But since i'm not yet to my mini goal..thinking over it again..i dont think i would cut it..just add a bunch of neat colors and maybe get some layers! But not short. I just meant if i hit terminal now when i still haven't hit atleast waist.
Just a guess of what i would do. I might of just kept it long.

julya
July 2nd, 2008, 10:52 PM
I'm planning to maintain my hair at what ever my terminal length ends up being, unless it get to be too difficult for me to care for on my own.

Riot Crrl
July 2nd, 2008, 10:57 PM
Oh I get it now.

No, I wouldn't do anything different. But I already know that terminal on me is at least a bunch longer than it is now. I probably will never find out how long it is.

forgetmenotak
July 3rd, 2008, 01:07 AM
Terminal length, unless it happens to be waist or shorter, would be too long for me. My hair is rather high maintenance and I just wouldn't want to deal with it too much longer. Plus, I like experimenting with new looks, not that I want to go short or anything.

Sceleste
July 3rd, 2008, 02:04 AM
If my terminal length would be knees or shorter, I'd keep it. If it were longer I'd cut it. The look and maintenance of hair longer than knee would not please me.

If I had grown my hair years and more years, and my terminal length would be longer than knees, I would probably keep it then. After the long journey to reach terminal I'd be mad to cut it. :)

Edit: Oh, I see I got the OP's idea wrong. I thought she ment if my hair would have suddenly grown to terminal length but I guess the idea was if my current hair length would be my terminal length. Well, if I were terminal at hip length I would definitely keep it. I have experimented with hairstyles when I was younger, I feel no need to do that again.

nappywomyn
July 3rd, 2008, 10:11 AM
If I was at terminal RIGHT now? I'd shave it all off, and have loads of crazy color related fun.

burns_erin
July 3rd, 2008, 12:15 PM
I would keep it if terminal was shorter than my goal of classic. If it turns out to be longer, I will probably keep cutting back to classic.

Snowblood
July 3rd, 2008, 12:27 PM
Phew.. I actually don´t know.
Don´t count your chickens before they are hatched! :D

spidermom
July 3rd, 2008, 12:28 PM
I want to reach classic length and don't have ambitions for longer. Once I've got it that long, if it grows that long, I'll probably keep it around for awhile, take pictures, and then cut it back to BSL with long layers. It looked sensational that way!

If terminal is shorter than classic, I plan to grow it without trimming for a whole year to make sure it really won't get any longer, then I'll proceed to my BSL with layers plan.

jojo
July 3rd, 2008, 06:30 PM
Its hard to say really but if I had spent years growing and babying my hair it would seem a shame to cut it at terminal, but if i found it too much like hard work then I would probably cut back to waist or whichever length I found easiest.

I want to grow to classic just to say I did it and to experience having very long hair but will probably cut and maintain at waist, which i liked last time.

EdG
July 3rd, 2008, 06:47 PM
I'm pretty close to terminal length, and I have no plans to change my hair style. :)
Ed

AprilElf
July 4th, 2008, 03:17 AM
Good question!
If I was at terminal length right now, I'd keep it. :p

Periwinkle
July 5th, 2008, 07:29 AM
If my hair now was at terminal length, then I'd cut it because it would be so depressing to not have hair that would ever get to anything longer.

I don't know what my terminal length is, but I imagine I'd keep it for a while until I got bored, if that ever happened.

lora410
July 5th, 2008, 07:37 AM
If I hit terminal right now I would be keeping it. Btw it sounds like you are just in a stall. Mine lasted a good 7 months.

Islandgrrl
July 5th, 2008, 08:21 AM
If I were at terminal right now I wouldn't be happy about it, but I'd keep it. Fortunately, I know that terminal is below my knees somewhere because I've been at knee and not been terminal. :)

Iylivarae
July 5th, 2008, 10:41 AM
I think I'd keep it. Short hair is too much work for me.

noelgirl
July 5th, 2008, 02:47 PM
I know that my current length is not terminal for me, because it's been longer before! Terminal may be about tailbone for me, since that's where it seemed to stay without trims for a very long time, way back when. Of course, I wasn't taking the best care of it, so there may have been a bit of breakage involved.

Topic? If my current length (just past BSL) were terminal for me? I'd keep it long, but probably have a bit more fun with color.

moon-flower
July 9th, 2008, 12:01 AM
I will keep it, because getting to terminal length is my goal, as well as a life decision. So hopefuly, I would never change it, because it has become a part of who I am.

flapjack
July 10th, 2008, 12:21 AM
I have no idea where my terminal length is but if it's a genetic trait, I may NEVER find out. I've had one grandma who trimmed her hair to ankle-length and I don't know if that's the length for me. I'm thinking about just letting it get to right where I'm about to sit on it and maintaining it/keeping it between there and hip length. I might go to classic, too, I just don't know, honestly.

Meli
July 10th, 2008, 12:45 AM
I know I'm not at terminal right now, but if I was, I would keep it and try to improve health, thickness and shine.

chrissy-b
July 10th, 2008, 12:50 AM
hmmm...I probably wouldn't keep it. My hair was really long as a child and if the length I had as a child is any indication of how long my hair can grow, I don't know if I could maintain it. I think anything longer than classic would be too much for me to bear.

I'm constantly impressed by those who can maintain their hair classic and beyond.

Starr
July 10th, 2008, 01:08 AM
Well I've already been about 4" past tailbone, so I know that my terminal is at least past that point. Knowing that I have no problems if that does turn out to be my terminal. . . I'd keep my hair long because I look like a butchered poodle with short hair.

dor3girl
July 10th, 2008, 01:16 PM
I have no idea where my terminal length is but if it's a genetic trait, I may NEVER find out. I've had one grandma who trimmed her hair to ankle-length and I don't know if that's the length for me. I'm thinking about just letting it get to right where I'm about to sit on it and maintaining it/keeping it between there and hip length. I might go to classic, too, I just don't know, honestly.

I am in the same mindset as you--I really am not too sure. I keep thinking that I have hit the end of growth--and then a few months later--it starts growing again. I like any length as long as it's healthy, not many split ends, and not stringy. Mine is longer now than it has ever been in my life--so this might BE my terminal length.

sexyjacksparrow
July 12th, 2008, 10:58 AM
If my current length was terminal I'd keep it. Much shorter on my hair doesn't look great. Of course, I may not be that far from terminal anyway as it's never grownm past APL.

Kerry xx

tiny_teesha
July 14th, 2008, 01:48 AM
If my ends were this thin still i would chop it, if i knew they could get better i would let it grow (and it can i've had it to my thigh in the past as a kid, which is TB as an adult- i know i kept the braid and measured!!)

Finoriel
July 14th, 2008, 02:20 AM
I would just keep it like it is. The hairstyle phase with cut-hairstyles was nice and I also enjoyed it while I was in this phase, but it´s over since some years and I chose to want long hair. When it stops growing... well then it stops and does not get longer. For me, I´m not seeing the point in cutting it shorter again, just because it is terminal. When the goal (long hair) did not change. Trimming for achieving a thicker hemline as terminal-length tends to fairytail much, yes. But not cutting for having a short-hair-cut.

Magicknthenight
July 14th, 2008, 08:11 AM
interesting! Soon i will be at Waist and since its one of my mini goals i wouldn't cut it once i got there. But if terminal was where i am now...still not yet to my mini goal...i would maybe do some colors ^-^
interesting answers though ^-^

NurseMama
July 14th, 2008, 08:13 PM
Isn't terminal length different for each person? I had a friend in high school who could never get her hair past her shoulder blades.

Personally, I am thinking that anything below classic would be difficult for me to manage, but that could change as it gets longer;).

k_hepburn
July 15th, 2008, 10:44 AM
I am pretty stubborn where my hair is concerned, so if I did decide to grow it to terminal length, I would most certainly keep it there. Not really on the cards for me though - I'm not really prepared on going grey at the moment, and I had to find out that dyeing my hair gets rather cumbersome once it gets past hip (pesky new walk-in-shower making things a LOT more difficult).

katharine

harley mama
July 15th, 2008, 01:37 PM
I voted keep it. But, I won't know that until it really happens.
I am very undecided about my hair most of the time.

Samara Morgan
July 15th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Seen as I don't know what my terminal hair length is I'm not really sure lol :shrug: But I'm now thinking I'd like to maintain my hair at classic when it gets there so I'd probably keep it at that length so it could thicken up :)

tigerlily83
July 15th, 2008, 06:44 PM
I would definitely keep it without a doubt....and just have fun playing with it, making new hairstyles. That is many years off for me.

Arniky
July 15th, 2008, 08:02 PM
have to keep even if it reaches terminal length- no cuts of now

embee
July 16th, 2008, 07:05 PM
I'm at terminal now, I think. Been this length for a couple of years and no trims whatsoever. That's ok. It's just barely classic, and I love it. I can do most anything I want with it - though it would be nice to have more thickness, but that's a genetics problem! ;)

ZaBasDa
July 16th, 2008, 08:14 PM
For one I would be pissed; I am about half an inch from waist when wet. But I would keep it. Though I would get a very tight perm, so it would look a lot shorter.

dukkelisa
July 17th, 2008, 02:24 AM
My only goal is not to cut my hair.....EVER. I do not trim or dye or do anything to change it. I keep it clean and conditioned, that's it. I don't wear my hair down in public, so I don't need to worry about hemlines. I love having hair that is natural as it is meant to be. I already did all of the haircolouring, the popular cuts and styles ion my younger days so I don;t have urges to change my hair. Now I just want to put my hair in a bun and be done with it. It doesn't matter to me how long it ends up. I have had knee length at one point, but whether it gets there again or not is not a concern.

Martina
July 17th, 2008, 08:44 AM
I'm glad this question arose, for I have not given it serious consideration until now. First of all, I can't imagine my terminal length past waist since I have never had hair past APL; I would be thrilled if it grew longer. I may be well into my 60's before I reach terminal. Ideally, I would love to keep the length but there is the factor of health. I already have some medical issues which limit my mobility. If I am physically able to care for my hair, I will keep it terminal length, or if DH is willing to help me. He is totally supportive, so that is a possibility.

rockkcor
July 17th, 2008, 08:56 AM
Perhaps - I would grow it even longer...
I would keep it and experiment only how to deal with all that hair...

We'll see when time comes:)

tinah
July 17th, 2008, 06:02 PM
I think i would play LOTS with color!

Sudenmorsian
July 20th, 2008, 11:46 PM
If I were at my at-the-moment-terminal, my mind would probably have changed already and decided that terminal is whatever-the-next-body-part-is-length :D

(Even now I'm not completely sure, what my terminal is. I'm used to just growing it and watching, how far it can get.)

purpleorc
July 21st, 2008, 08:31 AM
I think I would keep it at terminal length the only thing that I can see at present that would take me down the path of cutting it would be if it became to difficult for me to manage with having ms.

Haith
July 21st, 2008, 08:34 AM
I would keep it. I would like to grow my hair longer than waist, but I wouldn't want it any shorter. If this was terminal, so be it!

Tressie
July 21st, 2008, 06:43 PM
I would definitely keep it! Especially if it looked half as good as some of the lovely classic and longer lengths I have seen on this board! I don't know what my terminal length is but I hope it's classic or longer!:cheese:

angelic
July 21st, 2008, 06:58 PM
I am pretty sure (though I stopped measuring) that I reached terminal length a year or so ago. I don't have any plans on cutting it shorter any time in the near future, so I guess my answer is that I would keep it :)!

Dianyla
July 21st, 2008, 07:01 PM
I reached my goal length almost a year ago, and I suspect I might also be very close to terminal length.

I'm keeping it. :)

daydreamer
July 22nd, 2008, 02:53 PM
I know I'm not at terminal yet but if I was, I'd probably keep it right here. I'm having much more fun with my hair now than I had at shorter lengths. I've had short hair for much too long and I want some hair to play with!!! :)

Chromis
July 22nd, 2008, 03:38 PM
Would *wouldn't* I keep it is more the question!

Considering that my goal is grow to terminal, I'd see no reason to chop it off as soon as I reach my goal! The longer it gets, the more I love it...or the more of it there is to love at least. I trim the ends up now and then to keep them tidy but do not plan on doing any large chops again.

If terminal lands up being past floor length I might have to rethink matters a bit, but that seems to be fairly rare.

LadyMoon11
July 22nd, 2008, 06:02 PM
Keep it! My precious!:cloud9:

Magicknthenight
July 25th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Though i still dont think some understand the question
These are very interesting answers! ^_^

GlassEyes
July 26th, 2008, 01:56 AM
I think I'd probably go dye crazy or something after getting severely pissed off.

Going terminal before even hitting shoulder length would suck.

WavyGirl
July 26th, 2008, 09:36 AM
For years before finding this site I thought my terminal was shorter than BSL. I would get to that length and damage would cause major breakage and I'd cut. But that was then. Now I don't feel I could be happy cutting my hair. Even at this length I'd keep it because I love being able to do all the different updos. It looks and feels better all the time as the damage grows out and there's no way I could go back to all the things I used to do before.

freznow
July 26th, 2008, 10:33 AM
So if my hair stopped growing right now, and this was terminal... I'd keep it. Frankly the constant growing IS a tad annoying when you have to keep changing hair styles because of it. It is part of the journey and you learn lots of new styles, but it does take away some of the motivation to learn because you think "Oh it'll work at another length". So yes, while I would like terminal to be floor length, I wouldn't mind if this were terminal. I'd keep it!

ilovelonghair
July 26th, 2008, 01:06 PM
It depends on what the terminal lenght is. If it's not practical I wouldn't let it be that long, but I don't think my hair will grow that extremely long.

mitabird
July 27th, 2008, 05:25 PM
If I were at terminal, I'd probably cut it back and let it grow out again. I'd try to get rid of any lingering damage I may have.

Carolyn
July 27th, 2008, 05:46 PM
I have no idea what my terminal length might be. I've gotten to tailbone and it was still growing a half inch per month so I assume I could go longer. Terminal length to me says fairy tale ends and I know I don't want that type of hemline. So I'd probably trim to where I had a nice thick even hemline and maintain it there. I don't see the point in experimenting with shorter lengths as I don't want hair that's much shorter than where I am now.

Hatsumomo
July 28th, 2008, 07:17 AM
If I was at terminal, I'd cut it back to about thigh length in order to have a more solid hem.

Patrycja
July 29th, 2008, 06:25 PM
For some reason,I'm thinking my terminal length won't be all that long.I think its because I use bottle dyes and all the....stuff..I've heard about being a box dyed long hair on here that makes me think it'll all break off and I'll end up with terribly damaged hair. Even if it gets to be floor length,I'll keep it.It'll be a constant reminder that when I put my mind up to it-I can have patience and I can reach my goals.Sure,it'll be up out of my way all the time,but it'll be my little secret ;)

willowcandra
July 30th, 2008, 02:13 AM
I am at classic which was my goal I would some day in years to come grow to knee but If I am terminal at classc then I could live with that.

I would probably stay where I am although a cut to tailbone every few years would be fun.

EbonyCurls
July 30th, 2008, 04:00 AM
interesting question. My main goal is length and health. Once I achieve my desired length I want to go to town with different styles. I won't want to change my length or do much to affect health but I know I'll want to experiment with different styles such as layers, face-framers, maybe even bangs one day!

I love alternative looks and I think when I get to my length-maintenance length (where I get regular trims to maintain current length) I'll bleach and dye just the tips and trim them off every few months and switch out the color.
If anything having long hair is giving me the courage and desire to experiment more with my hair than I ever have.

Little_Bird
July 30th, 2008, 05:31 AM
Well I would surely keep it for some time but then I don't know...

I don't even know if my terminal is before or after classic, which is my goal. Anyways, trying diferent styles still for long hair would be hard, since there aren't many that look good on guys... I don't know.

Side sweeping bangs look good but I love my long bangs lol... I guess I would have to be really tired and sad about my hair before I did anything drastic to it.

I loe my hair :D

greekprincess
July 30th, 2008, 07:25 AM
If I was at terminal ... I would keep it for sure. I am so hungry for long hair again...another hair style isn't even an option.

ChatoyantLocks
July 31st, 2008, 02:23 PM
I would keep it! I love having long hair and don't plan to ever cut it.

thankyousir74
August 11th, 2008, 11:19 AM
I would definitely DEFINITELY keep it ^_^

dancingbarefoot
August 11th, 2008, 12:25 PM
That depends. If my terminal length is what I'd consider manageable - not going to get caught in escalators, won't trip on it, etc. - then I'd probably want to keep it. If not, I'd trim back a bit.

sipnsun
August 11th, 2008, 04:47 PM
My final goal will eventially be terminal, so I would keep it!

Calanthe
August 11th, 2008, 10:27 PM
I'd keep it. At least for a while just to see how it feels like.

Anje
August 11th, 2008, 10:45 PM
Honestly, I like where I am now -- tailbone is a good length. If my hair stopped here, I'd probably trim it just a bit to keep the ends blunt, and let it be. As is, if getting hair in my rear gets too annoying as I grow past this point, I may end up staying at this length anyway. (Actually, I'd probably grow til it annoyed me, cut it back, then repeat.)

Juli414
August 14th, 2008, 04:34 PM
I'm taking it to mean if the longest current layer turned out to have hit terminal, would I keep it. Yes, the longest layer is just above my waist, I'd want the rest to catch up so it isn't as wispy, though. I would hope that I can go longer, but any shorter is too short to do decent up dos (yeah, like I can do them now), and the pixie cuts look BAD on me.

ericthegreat
September 29th, 2009, 07:43 AM
I am currently growing my hair out to my terminal length, so until I get there I can't properly answer this question. I still voted for experimenting with different hairstyles because I know myself, I naturally get bored quite easily! I have been growing my hair out continuously so this is the longest my hair has ever been. So far, so good I have been able to adapt to the few extra tangles and knots that I develop at the lower extremities of my ends.

I would imagine that whenever I do reach terminal length, that I would keep it for at least one whole year to know for sure that it was my true maximum potential length. If my terminal length happens to be knee length or anywhere shorter, then I will most likely keep it there. But, if my terminal length happens to be below my kneecaps or even longer, then I think I will cut it back a few inches to just around my knees or to classic length.

Kris Dove
September 29th, 2009, 12:31 PM
I'm pretty sure my current length (BSL) isn't my terminal length as it has been classic a long time ago.... hypothetically speaking though, I'd keep it at this length as I wouldn't want it any shorter, but I'd maybe start experimenting with colour again.

bte
September 29th, 2009, 12:41 PM
I have been at terminal for around ten years, and since I am a long way from my original goal I have never been tempted to make any changes. Maybe one day it will decide to grow a bit more, but I'm not counting on it.

Xandergrammy
September 29th, 2009, 12:49 PM
I voted that I would keep it, because I'm growing out my natural colors. I'd like for my real colors to be terminal length someday.

LittleOrca
September 29th, 2009, 01:17 PM
I'd keep it. I'd let it grow out to be thicker ends, blunt cut it, and grow out my natural color more and get rid of the dye.

Naamah
September 29th, 2009, 01:40 PM
I would be sad, since it's only WL and I want knee length hair. But I would keep it. :)

enfys
September 29th, 2009, 04:52 PM
I'd muck about with it if waist was my terminal length because it wouldn't take long to get back to the point I'm at.

If I was at knee or something I'd answer differently I think.

JamieLeigh
September 30th, 2009, 08:51 AM
I'm 2 inches from mid-thigh, and absolutely loving it!! If I were terminal right now, I'd just dust about 1/4" off my ends every few months to keep it looking nice down there. Other than that, I'd definitely keep it this length.

windinherhair
September 30th, 2009, 09:35 AM
I have always loved long hair and I felt bad the last time I cut it "short" years ago. If I would happen to be at terminal length right now, I would definitely keep my hair this length.

emeraldfaery
September 30th, 2009, 09:40 AM
If this was my terminal length (which I know it's not) I would probably experiment with different shorter styles because I'm not fond of this in-between length.

Radulfr
September 30th, 2009, 09:54 AM
I would keep it where it is now (at BSL). No shorter.

clairenewcastle
October 2nd, 2009, 07:47 PM
Once I reach terminal length I'll be doing absolutely everything I can to maintain it - with more than a little help from LHC!

missfortune9335
October 2nd, 2009, 08:08 PM
I would keep it, but then I've always been one to try many different styles and colors so I feel a little like I've been there done that if that makes sense I could see where if I hadn't done those things I'd be really tempted though...

fluffybunny
October 2nd, 2009, 08:18 PM
If this were my terminal length I'd probably have to cry, because the only one-stick bun I can do is a tiny folded braid. But I still like it better than short.

Pacific
October 7th, 2009, 02:38 AM
I would keep it at my current length.

Monsterkitti
October 7th, 2009, 03:23 AM
If I was at terminal now I think I'd definatly keep it, Id let the layers grow out which would make it look much nicer :)

JCFantasy23
October 7th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Certainly I would keep it. I think reaching the goal or terminal can be an exciting thing. Finally, instead of worrying about the goal of just growing - growing - growing, you can now:

Make the style your own and experiment with the length, doing things you didn't do before because of hindering growth.

You can add layers if you're confident that this is the final length and just keep those maintained if you wish. You can keep growing out the layers, not worrying about the ends not being able to catch up with the rest of the hair.

You can trim every month without worrying about it to thicken the ends and hemline. For damaged ends mico trims and such, knowing it will keep catching up to thicken is a great thing.

Find the updos and styles that work best for your hair length and perfect those without having to change them in a few months because your hair changes yet again.

Just keep improving the condition of the hair without so much fret about the growing, again to me a liberating feeling.

GlassEyes
October 7th, 2009, 05:38 PM
If I were terminal right NOW?

Honestly, I'd probably just cut it and dye it blonde, or something else that's nuts. :shrug: I am just starting like my length becaus eit's starting to SEEM long, but it isn't long enough.

However, if I were terminal at BSL or so, I'd keep it. Might have a bit of fun with the color at some point, but I'd keep it. Waist length and longer, I probably wouldn't change, and I'd be happy-ish.

Hiriel
October 8th, 2009, 03:02 AM
Keep it probably. Maybe trim it a little bit if I was unhappy with the taper or hemline, but I'm hardly the experimental type ;)

RedJen
October 9th, 2009, 02:09 AM
I'd be okay with this length if it were terminal (but I'm pretty sure it's not, since it's still growing.) If this length (almost knee-length) were terminal, I would probably do more aggressive trims to thicken the hemline and keep the end of my braid thick (I'm vain about that. Sorry!)

I doubt I will let it grow past my feet (if it can even grow that long.) If I had to guess at my terminal length, I'd say it's probably just hitting my calves. No one in my family has had long hair, so I have no idea what the genetic potential is.

meph
October 9th, 2009, 04:53 AM
If my terminal length is between BSL and waist, where my hair is now, I would definitely cut it and experiment. I want my hair to be much longer that this, and if I can't well.. it's not worth keeping it. Experimenting is fun, and it if I'm done with that, I can always grow it back out because this length doesn't take long to achieve.
If however, my terminal length is at my goal or past my goal, I would keep it as long as it's manageable and I like it.

Garnetgem
January 25th, 2016, 06:51 AM
I would keep it after waiting to get it long there would be no way i would cut it not even a trim!

lapushka
January 25th, 2016, 07:41 AM
I voted keep it, but I don't think I'll reach it, TBH. I think my level of comfort is at about classic length. We'll see as I grow on to FTL this year. ;)

Arctic
January 25th, 2016, 07:51 AM
If this would be my terminal, I would do what I am most probably going to do anyway: I would keep it for now and change my hair several times later, and probably grow it out again some time in the future to cut it again. I'm not someone committing to one style for years or decades. Knowing myself, there would be some changes every now and then. Perhaps not huge changes or adventurous styles, but changes never-the-less.

ETA: I can't really vote with only those options. I'd "keep it" but not forever, I'd change it but not right away and not really to "experiment".

hanne jensen
January 25th, 2016, 08:00 AM
I'd keep it for a while and enjoy it.

Sarahlabyrinth
January 25th, 2016, 12:31 PM
If my current length was terminal? I would keep it, as it's easy to care for and I would let my dye grow out to get nice silver, and eventually white long hair.

If my hair reached terminal, would I keep it? Very probably - at least until I was having trouble caring for it myself....

lapis_lazuli
January 25th, 2016, 12:43 PM
Oy, I would keep it but I hope my hair is not at terminal!!! :shake:
I need 9 more inches to reach my goal :pray:

parkmikii
January 26th, 2016, 05:04 AM
I would probably keep it :)

endersworld
January 26th, 2016, 01:15 PM
My hair is a little longer than tailbone length now, and although I definitely want to keep growing it to see how long it can get, I'd be fine with my terminal length being where it is now. It's long enough to do pretty much everything I want to do, and is honestly near the point where it gets in my way. I'm not sitting on it yet, though!

Groovy Granny
January 26th, 2016, 01:17 PM
Definitely keep it :thumbsup:

Stormynights
January 26th, 2016, 02:19 PM
I think I am pretty much at terminal for me. I just cut about 4 1/2 inches because the ends were so thin. I needed to cut at least that much more to have a nice hemline but I just couldn't do it. I did lose a lot due to stress so maybe I am wrong about being terminal. My hair was just a little past tailbone and now it is still past my waist so I am content with that. I never was aiming for ultra long anyway. I still have enough to wear my pretty hair toys.

Platzhalter
April 9th, 2016, 03:55 AM
Aside from being slightly annoyed by the fact my hair wouldn't be very long if it already was at terminal, nothing would change for me.

casiopeia
April 9th, 2016, 06:08 AM
I would probably cut to where the taper starts being obvious and keep it.

lithostoic
April 9th, 2016, 09:23 AM
I would cry

BoopAllCats
April 20th, 2016, 01:14 PM
If terminal was waist length on me, I'd probably cut to bsl and experiment with colorful dye. I'd still be able to use my hair toys, at least, though I'd be sad about never getting to classic or beyond.

TatsuOni
October 4th, 2019, 11:04 AM
I would keep it.

Groovy Granny
October 4th, 2019, 12:55 PM
Posted January 26th, 2016, 03:17 PM

Definitely keep it :thumbsup:

I still would keep it; I am longer now then I was then ;)

Sarahlabyrinth
October 4th, 2019, 01:04 PM
I would keep it.

Begemot
October 4th, 2019, 01:05 PM
Gotta say, I would be extremely disappointed... But my first thought was that I'd keep it. Then I figured I would probably keep the length and go blonde again, to get more poof. Heck, I would probably consider getting a perm. So now I really don't know :D

MusicalSpoons
October 5th, 2019, 12:45 PM
Pretty much keep it - I'd probably cut to knee and regrow, and keep doing that every year until all the length had got rid of pre-LHC neglect.

I'd probably also experiment with deposit-only colour on the ends :D

silentlotus
August 4th, 2020, 02:53 PM
When I get to terminal length I'll keep it. It's been a dream for a long time to have classic length hair (had to chop it off due to me being an idiot and damaging it) but I think once I get to classic I'll probably just keep going and see how long it'll actually go before it stops

Bri-Chan
August 4th, 2020, 04:28 PM
Good question. Maybe I'd keep it but I'd keep damaging since is a short teminal (hip) and it seems too regular to me.

0xalis
August 6th, 2020, 12:21 AM
If terminal was chin length that would suck! But if some magic nonsense happened and it suddenly became it's terminal length right now I'm not sure what I'd do.
I have no idea what my terminal length would even be! I'd probably cut it to whatever the longest it can be with a thick blunt hemline. I like faerie tale ends on others, I like blunt on me :)

Vacurlylady
August 6th, 2020, 03:27 AM
I’m pretty sure I would keep it.

I have a question regarding terminal length. Maybe it’s been asked before, or maybe not, but... if your hair is at terminal length and you trim it or “cut” it does it grow back to that terminal length it already was... or does it just stop growing and it would stay at your now new terminal length? 🤔

CuteCrow
August 6th, 2020, 05:54 AM
If my terminal was shoulder length I'd probably cut it and dye it a lot more. I'd probably try every short hair in existence. Once I get tired I'd probably keep it in a short bob, I don't think shoulder suits me but it wouldn't be that hard to grow if I wanted to.

I have a question regarding terminal length. Maybe it’s been asked before, or maybe not, but... if your hair is at terminal length and you trim it or “cut” it does it grow back to that terminal length it already was... or does it just stop growing and it would stay at your now new terminal length? 🤔

Terminal just means how long your hair is genetically determined to grow. It can change with age but overall it remains the same, if you cut it your terminal length would still be the same as you didn't change anything "genetically" speaking. Remember that your hair is not alive and grows from your scalp, it has no way to know what happens to the ends

Bat
August 6th, 2020, 08:58 AM
maintain my side shave and dye the rest crazy colors and get extensions, the longest i've had was APL and I still had really full ends so luckily I know i can grow longer than almost bottom of neck

squirrrel
August 6th, 2020, 10:22 AM
I would keep it. It might be a false terminal, and it’s easily managed at this length. Terminal does make me curious, but I’m not sure I want floor+ length hair...

GrowlingCupcake
August 6th, 2020, 11:38 AM
If my current length was my terminal length, I would probably cut back to hip or so for now. Waist gets in the way less, in my opinion.

I'd also continue to dye my hair (I am thinking of stopping next year sometime now), and maybe drop the red in favour of bleach+rainbows. Might even go shorter than waist, especially if the dye damage ends up getting significant.