PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a hair length goal that isn't super long?

chachagrace
September 29th, 2011, 09:35 PM
It seems like everyone's goal on LHC is waist-length or longer... But my hair length goal is really only about APL, with the subtext that it be the healthiest (virgin layer-less) hair I've had in my life (thanks to the natural hair care routine I've found thanks to LHC). I just know I'm not going to be able to deal with more hair than that, and that it will look thickest at APL. Does anyone else here feel this way or similar?

Yame
September 29th, 2011, 09:48 PM
My goal isn't super long. It's just tailbone... for me, "super long" is anything beyond classic.

APL is short. Short by LHC standards, but even by "normal people" standards I think APL is medium at most.

Of course I think people with short hair goals are still welcome here, because the hair care advice given here applies to anyone who wants to grow healthy hair. OTOH, I think some of the advice is irrelevant if you only want to grow your hair to APL...

MrsGuther
September 29th, 2011, 09:53 PM
It seems like everyone's goal on LHC is waist-length or longer... But my hair length goal is really only about APL, with the subtext that it be the healthiest (virgin layer-less) hair I've had in my life (thanks to the natural hair care routine I've found thanks to LHC). I just know I'm not going to be able to deal with more hair than that, and that it will look thickest at APL. Does anyone else here feel this way or similar?

Why do you feel like you wouldn't be able to deal with hair any longer than APL?

MrsGuther
September 29th, 2011, 09:57 PM
My goal isn't super long. It's just tailbone... for me, "super long" is anything beyond classic.

APL is short. Short by LHC standards, but even by "normal people" standards I think APL is medium at most.

Of course I think people with short hair goals are still welcome here, because the hair care advice given here applies to anyone who wants to grow healthy hair. OTOH, I think some of the advice is irrelevant if you only want to grow your hair to APL...
Agreed. Super long, in my opinion is classic and beyond. APL seems really short to me since joining LHC, and even for the average girl APL is not considered long whatsoever. OP you will be at APL before you know it, and you will probably change your goal length with time since you've now joined the addictive and awesome LHC forum. :eyebrows:

jujube
September 29th, 2011, 10:10 PM
What's wrong with shorter hair goals? I thought we were here to grow our hair, to take care of it, to exchange tips and to celebrate it. There's not a magic line that says 'long hair starts here'. Or at least, if there is one, it's not at the same place for everyone. I'll feel like my hair is long once it hits APL (I started growing from bald), and though APL might not be my ultimate goal, it's my current long-hair goal. And no, it's not super long by anyone's standards, but I don't see how growing from bald to APL would be less respectable than growing from waist to tailbone. Of course, bald to tailbone is another story, and a journey I'm not ready to take on in the short-medium term.

JellyBene
September 29th, 2011, 10:11 PM
I only want mine about to my bellybutton, compared to lots of members here, that isnt very long.

Annibelle
September 29th, 2011, 11:06 PM
I'm thinking TBL, or maybe just hip, but I really love all the lengths on different people. :) I adore long hair, but I have seen so many girls rocking cuts as short as pixies and I've felt a bit of hair envy! :) I'm sure you'll look great at APL.

I don't think anyone here would indicate that there's something wrong with shorter hair goals-- but there does seem to be a trend... lots of members have altered their goals once they got to theirs! Most seem to push it to the next longest level, while I've seen some cut back a level or two. :) So if you get to APL and decide to keep growing... we'll love having you! And if you decide to maintain, you can be a great inspiration to others who want to get to APL! :flower:

Mesmerise
September 29th, 2011, 11:15 PM
Well, by LHC standards my hair goal isn't that long!! I only want hip length hair, which compared to lots of hair goals here really isn't that long, but compared to most of the world, hip length is "really long".

I used to want waist length when I joined LHC, but moved to hip soon after. However, I really can't see myself wanting anything past hip.

Heartwillfollow
September 29th, 2011, 11:37 PM
My goal is waist, am thinking that is 2 years from now.. :) I can see hovering when I get to BSL to get my hair as thick for the length as I can.

UltraBella
September 29th, 2011, 11:40 PM
My goals keep getting shorter !

Debra83
September 29th, 2011, 11:43 PM
I just wanted waist as my goal length, and I still have that "officially", but I've been toying with going to hip. I'll see how I like it if I ever get to waist. It's taking WAY longer than I anticipated.

long.hair.maybe
September 30th, 2011, 01:03 AM
I have a pretty short goal length.

APL is my goal length right now, and I don't know if it's possible. If by some miracle it does happen, I can imagine changing my goal length to BSL.

Rebeccalaurenxx
September 30th, 2011, 02:23 AM
My goal is anywhere from BSL to hip. I could never handle anything longer than that.
My hair is maybe 2 or 3 inches shy of APL right now, and it is "short" by my own definition.

Fufu
September 30th, 2011, 02:29 AM
hair length goal... remain at waist :)

Rosetta
September 30th, 2011, 02:34 AM
Same for me.

More exactly, my max goal is somewhere between a (blunt-ended) waist and tailbone.

pelicano
September 30th, 2011, 03:22 AM
For years now I've been realistic about the hair length I can achieve, much as I always dreamed of having long hair. All I want is healthy shoulder length hair. For me it's quality over quantity! :D

Isabobble
September 30th, 2011, 03:34 AM
My 'real' goal is about BSL, but really I'd be happy with anything past shoulder length that was as healthy as possible - I guess I'll see how it goes from there once I'm in a position to consider it! At the moment I can't even imagine having hair longer than my shoulders, it's not been there for about 5 years :p.

isabelx
September 30th, 2011, 03:38 AM
My 'real' goal is about BSL, but really I'd be happy with anything past shoulder length that was as healthy as possible - I guess I'll see how it goes from there once I'm in a position to consider it! At the moment I can't even imagine having hair longer than my shoulders, it's not been there for about 5 years :p.

Exactly the same with me! I'd absolutely love to reach BSL but I'm staying realistic and don't want to get my hopes up :) APL seems doable though and I'd be happy with that.

Katze
September 30th, 2011, 03:47 AM
We have a similar hairtype and at least in my case it is very difficult to get my hair to grow! Right now a solid BSL - no see-through ends, as little taper as possible - is my goal. I am at about APL with severe taper, trying to grow out after an insane shed two years ago, and the new layers are about chin-to-shoulder.

My hair just seems to have a severe taper naturally, even when it is thicker (during pregnancy for example). I would like it to be waist length - my original goal - but I really don't think that is ever going to happen. I have been at LHC for five years and have been mostly natural and doing mostly gentle treatment since then, but am at the same length I was when I started.

The good thing is that my hair and scalp are much healthier than they have ever been, I don't bleach anymore, and I don't heat style, so my hair is in better shape than it has been in over thirty years (I started bleaching as a pre-teen).

Maybe if I had discovered how to treat my hair when I was younger, or if I had not had a very difficult birth with my daughter, or, or...but I have resigned myself to my fine, unruly, frizzy, wispy hair and trying to make the best of it that I can.

Another non-orthodox thing that I do (for LHC anyway) is I blowdamp my hair when I wash it after sports (I have to blowdry my ears dry, especially in the winter) and I 'style' it once every wash cycle with conditioner mixed with hair gel. For a long time, I thought these things are absolute no-nos, but then I realized a lot of curly/wavy haired folks do them too.

I have to live with this hair, it will never look like Spidermom's or Amoretti's, I don't think, so I try to make the most of what nature has given me.

You are not alone!

duchesswannabe
September 30th, 2011, 04:27 AM
I want just APL (which is my hair just about now) or at most BSL hair because that's what I feel most comfortable with right now. This could change at any time.

I am concerned with healthy hair at the moment and am working toward virgin hair, which is my goal just as much as maintaining a certain length. I am, however, a person who does like to have my hair cut now and then.

I joined LHC because I like the fellowship that I have seen while "lurking."

pkd
September 30th, 2011, 04:32 AM
I'm with you chachagrace! My stated goal is BSL, but I really just want healthy hair. While I respect the dedication involved in growing hair super long, I have no desire to have my hair any longer than BSL. I'm really enjoying reading about better hair care techniques on this forum.

MissAlida
September 30th, 2011, 04:36 AM
My official goal is waist, which, to me , would mean long hair...but I'd be happy to have BSL or MBL (preferably) with a thick, healthy hemline.:)

pepperminttea
September 30th, 2011, 05:17 AM
Don't worry about it, most of LHC's know-how is for healthy hair generally, you can use it on any length and your hair will still look amazing. :D And who knows, when you get to APL, you might feel differently. I never thought I'd be able to deal with my hair at this length, but it's surprisingly easy. :) It grows so slowly that you just adapt as you go along.

Altocumulus
September 30th, 2011, 05:25 AM
I've grown my hair from midback to TB twice since I've been here, but I find I like it best at midback, or even BSL. Longer than that, my taper gets really noticeable, and my wurls get weighed down. So I guess I ended up where I was when I found LHC, except that my hair has really benefitted from the gentle treatment methods I learned here.

luluj
September 30th, 2011, 07:42 AM
I came to TLHC after a super short crop. My hair is now well past APL and it is more than long enough for me. A trim is much needed and then I will grow back to APL.

missmelaniem
September 30th, 2011, 07:50 AM
Mmm I've been on here for awhile and have had BSL and longer. I really dont want to go more than 3" past BSL. I insist on coloring my gray, so that's about as long as I can go and still be healthy, and it really is as long as I want to go in terms of manageability.

Even though its "LHC", most everyone can use the tips here.

Babyfine
September 30th, 2011, 08:25 AM
My original goal was waist but I may stop at BSL.
I cut back to shoulders Jan 2011 and am growing again.
Past BSL my ends thin out terribly but I'm going to try again to see if I can thicken them up.
I don't think anything beyond waist is for me, my hair is so fine and tangles so easy.
I love admiring superlong lengths on others, though.

auroraclio
September 30th, 2011, 08:26 AM
I like to think my goal is waist, but i'll probably stick with BSL once I get there. I've never had hair longer than APL in my entire life, i've had super short pixie cuts majority of the time. I think if I go longer than BSL i'll end up chopping it off.

Wanderer09
September 30th, 2011, 08:33 AM
Classic isn't super long...right? LHC has messed up my perceptions of hair length. ;)

Kapri
September 30th, 2011, 08:42 AM
My current hair goal is super swingy, one length, shoulder length hair. I will then explore collar bone length (upper arm pit anyone??). Because of my face shape I am not sure about going longer.

I love shoulder length to APL hair. I think it is classic, elegant and versatile.

going gray
September 30th, 2011, 08:44 AM
I'd be thrilled with enough healthy hair to wear up! Unfortunately I keep "sabotaging" myself! Always thinking a short style is better for me & naturally, of course, being wrong!

YepLilly
September 30th, 2011, 09:16 AM
Right now my goal is healthy hair, to make it stronger and control some shedding. I'm not looking at a specific length at the moment. I think all the things I've learned here are helping :D

hs_atreides
September 30th, 2011, 09:25 AM
My big goal is BSL and healthy. I'm currently hovering in the mid neck mullet area. I want to get another inch or two and then stay for a bit to grow the layers out. I plan to get to APL and likely hover again for health/layer check. My hair is a little thinner than I remember it being, so I am open to changing my goal as I go. Ultimately, I dream of being able have a higher bun (I know,a big no-no) that tumbles down when I unpin it.

As a child, my hair got to be about BSL once or twice--my mom kept it between APL and BSL most the time. Then I found shoulder length and it's many variations and have gone from short bobs to shoulder most of my adult life. The one time I grew it out to APL, it was horribly damaged! This time, much healthier! :)

CurlyCap
September 30th, 2011, 09:26 AM
I think it's fine to have whatever goal is healthy and makes you happy. If you want APL hair, use the techniques here to grow to APL.

Personally, I prefer a great head of hair at a shorter length than longer hair that looks unkempt or doesn't make the person's features/style.

busnutmedic
September 30th, 2011, 01:56 PM
I used to have nice hair at a little past waist-length. I was a little past that when I started here at LHC *years* ago, and the reason I found LHC was to figure out if I could perm it or something to give it some body and look thicker because it was starting to look kind of thin.

I don't want my hair to look like it did at classic, which is what I grew it out to. It was just too thin for me. I've since bobbed my hair and it's just at shoulder length now. I'm shooting for somewhere past BSL, maybe waist.

I think long hair is kind of relative. I'd love to have very long hair that looked nice to me, but I don't think I can. So I'm growing it out with the intentions of having the best looking, healthiest long hair I can have, which will end up around medium length. But I'm going to love it, this time, instead of always worrying about how thin it was and NEVER wearing it down or enjoying it.

I already like my hair now. Now that I have had it short, I can appreciate the texture a lot more. I really do like it now, rather than always complaining about it. And I love that :)

Besides that, I came from an uber-religious background that forbade short hair, which my parents made to be anything other than super-long, pretty much. So I needed to cut my hair to reset myself and feel comfortable with a length that I'd never had before, just to get out of the "oh, I can't cut my hair, it's sinful!" mindset. Now I'm finding that my ideal hair length is shorter, just because I no longer have the "longer is more holy" mindset. (No offense to those who believe that, it's just not for me :) .

mrs_coffee
September 30th, 2011, 02:03 PM
I don't think waist-length is super long, but I know opinions differ. You should keep your hair as long or as short as you want it.

Anje
September 30th, 2011, 02:10 PM
There's absolutely nothing wrong with having a relatively short hair-goal.

For many, though, it seems like hanging around on this site tends to cause goals to move further down the body as time goes on.

MandyBeth
September 30th, 2011, 02:31 PM
For me, it's first healthy. Which given my MMA work, and ground work, means the ends don't exactly stay in good shape consistantly. So I trim a LOT more than most. I'm pushing 2 years here and have 4" of growth.

Other than that, I refuse to go longer than top of the butt on me. Past that is too long for me to manage.

oktobergoud
September 30th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Count me in! I'm growing out a pixie so I guess that's also different, but I never wanted hair longer than BSL! Right now my goal isn't even BSL, but it does get longer and longer. My goal was a bob, but it is a bob now I think (sort of?) and I want it to get longer! How long? I don't know, but definitely not waist or anything like that. I just honestly don't like that look on me! Plus it would take SO MANY YEARS to reach it if you're growing out from a pixie ;)

RedDevil
September 30th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Never had BSL before so for now i am keeping my goal modest. Hope i make it there!

SarahKayfa
September 30th, 2011, 03:56 PM
My goal is long regular-person hair, somewhere between mid back and waist. I'm just not looking for super long lengths, or fairy tale ends, or even necessarily virgin hair. I just want it to look healthy and good on me. My partner is also not a fan of super long lengths(or super short lengths), so that is a consideration.

arcane
September 30th, 2011, 04:11 PM
I'm currently at BSL and I could be happy to stay here to get my hair healthier. However I have wanted waist length hair for a long time, but I have a feeling that that won't last too long once achieved. My hair is about as long as I kept it in high school (maybe a smidge longer) and that is where I feel I have the most versitility with my hair. I don't like to say I have a finite goal, because it changes so often. Also I'm addicted to chaning my hair up as well.

CarpeDM
September 30th, 2011, 04:58 PM
My main goal is BSL and if it works out waist, but I would not want my hair longer than waist personally. I think midback and waist are the most flattering lengths.

longhairedwolf
September 30th, 2011, 05:08 PM
I'm at chin length right now. I'm aiming for APL, or maybe BSL at most. I don't think I'd want hair any longer than that. And I do colour my hair to cover greys, so I'm not aiming for virgin or anything like that. As long as it looks healthy, I'm happy.

Alaia
September 30th, 2011, 05:10 PM
There's absolutely nothing wrong with having a relatively short hair-goal.

For many, though, it seems like hanging around on this site tends to cause goals to move further down the body as time goes on.

This.

TBH APL (enough acronyms?) is still considered long by most people outside LHC.

I did come here intending to grow to TB, but I'm a LOTR Elf-wannabe. Now of course I've changed from Arwen to Galadriel lengths and want to grow to knee if possible. :lol:

paper
September 30th, 2011, 05:23 PM
I don't want super long hair. My goal is middle back.

kidari
September 30th, 2011, 05:50 PM
There is nothing wrong with having a goal of terminal or having a goal of shoulder length. I remember when my ultimate goal was APL and keeping it there, which I did for about a year. Now I joined LHC with the intention to grow to waist but my goal changes all the time. Sometimes I want hip or tailbone length and sometimes I want to maintain at around BSL and sometimes I want to cut it to APL or shorter. I love LHC because everyone is so nice and informative and helpful for the most part, which is really rare on a forum. I love learning better hair care, learning hairstyles, learning about nice hair toys, and seeing all the diverse beautiful heads of hair on here.

Roseate
September 30th, 2011, 06:06 PM
I've reached BSL and am enjoying it; I probably will go on to waist but not much more.

I feel like the short-to-APL journey was the hardest part, and I definitely understand why people need LHC support for that, even though it's not "long". So many awkward stages in there, it helps to come here and get encouragement and inspiration!

longhairedwolf
September 30th, 2011, 06:15 PM
I've reached BSL and am enjoying it; I probably will go on to waist but not much more.

I feel like the short-to-APL journey was the hardest part, and I definitely understand why people need LHC support for that, even though it's not "long". So many awkward stages in there, it helps to come here and get encouragement and inspiration!

I completely agree. It's almost like the shorter your hair, the more you need the encouragement of fellow LHC members!

Finnenna
September 30th, 2011, 06:22 PM
To me, my goal length is very long, and it's just APL. I've always had short hair (and I'm surrounded by people who have shorter hair than me), so I think "long" is relative. I see people with hair down to wherever and up to their shoulders as 'long' hairs. It's all about perspective, I think. I do want to grow mine out a little longer now, to BSL, but only because I want to do some of the hairstyles that require it. :D But I honestly think any longer than that might be too much. I'll cross that bridge when I get there though!

PixxieStix
September 30th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Well, I had anywhere from waist to APL hair when I was younger, but usually had "longer" hair, and while my ultimate goal for length is to get down to waist, (hehe, or you know, hip really isn't THAT much longer! See what this place has done to me?!) , my biggest goals include 1) learning to love my hair after having had it be my enemy since I was 9 and my hair pulling disorder started, 2) having a FULL head of hair, and 3) having a head of healthy hair. It is going to take years for the hairs on top of my head to finish filling in again, and I was keeping my head shaved (occasionally growing to pixie cut with bald spots) with the idea of trying to stop the pulling and allowing the hair follicles to recover. But, I reached a point where I did stop for the most part, and only pull out eyelashes and eyebrows now, so my hair has been allowed to grow, and I figure I'll at least get it to BSL and hold out there if the top hasn't filled in completely yet, and once I have that full head again, grow to waist/hip. For me, it isn't really that long, but for others I know it is. Perspectives differ so much from person to person, culture to culture, so while my goals to me don't seem "that long" , they are ambitious.

silverjen
September 30th, 2011, 07:45 PM
I've never had hair any longer than shoulder. Even getting to APL will be a big deal for me personally, although it is short by LHC standards. (but it's long according to almost everywhere else. Long really is relative!)

That being said, I'm positive I don't want it longer than waist.

SilentGuardian
September 30th, 2011, 07:48 PM
For now, I would like BSL to waist-length. Could change though!

boomtownrat
September 30th, 2011, 08:20 PM
My goal is about BSL and possibly only APL. Ideally what I want is for it to look good up or down, and I probably don't have the patience to treat it like antique lace. Whether that's short to others here is really not my concern, though, because that's longer than it's ever been and I think of it as long for me.

archel
September 30th, 2011, 09:02 PM
Well, I have several goals, the big one, and the "along the way" goals. The big one is to get back to waist which is where I was 3 years ago, only THIS time have it not be box dyed and blow fried and healthy. After I get there I will probably keep going...BUT right now I'm just trying to be patient in getting to BSL. Eventually, I would like to test my limits and see how long I can go before it gets super annoying or trashed. I loved waist length because the updos are pretty much endless and I had so many neat toys! APL is a pain right now because I can't even get it into a decent bun. French braids and twists are my friends right now. Anyway waist is not long by LHC standards, but it made me happy and made me feel pretty, so there ya go! And after that I'll reassess the classic goal.

freecelt
September 30th, 2011, 09:05 PM
My "short term goal" (two years?) is Knee then I'm going to cut to waist and enjoy the thickest healthiest hair I've ever had :D

Flying Penguin
September 30th, 2011, 09:25 PM
My goal is waist length, which isn't considered super long on LHC, but it'll be the longest my hair has ever been. :) Although once I get there, maybe I'll want to go longer. :) My mini-goal is BSL though, and I think I'll be there by the end of the year (I hope!). LHC has definitely changed my perception of what is considered long hair. But out in the "real world," I definitely think APL is considered long. Actually anything beyond shoulder length is considered long, I think.

Quetiepi
September 30th, 2011, 09:34 PM
I think whatever works for you is what you should do. I kept my hair at pixie for over 10 years before deciding I wanted to grow it out one more time to waist length before I turned 60. What worked for me then is not what works for me now.

goldenmoments
September 30th, 2011, 10:24 PM
I've adjusted as I see more pictures.... ;)

I think hair that reachable ones elbows is long! Perhaps not on LHC but in the normal world...

I'm currently entering bsl hoping for waist by the start of next summer..8 months, 6.5 infuse to go......

Columbia River
September 30th, 2011, 11:48 PM
Ive had Pixie to top of shoulder hair most my life (sometimes a little longer). My goal is to have the healthiest shiniest hair I possibly can. My ideal length is at BSL or Waist. (Im high waisted so thats maybe three inches past BSL.) My vision is my straigh shiny hair cascading down my back either held by a hairband or nice barrattes. I do not see me wearing updos...so my ideal length is as long as possible for healthy shiny hair that I can wear down and looks nice.

Currently my goal is...not to cut it. Im stuck in Justin Beiber mini mullet hell...I'm not kidding. Thank the Heavens for hair bands to make a decent appearance.

discoisntdead
October 1st, 2011, 03:03 AM
Ha, I cut my hair into a short bob and I'll be glad if it reaches shoulder by Jan 2012. Ugh, I'm so tired of short hair but the damaged ends had to go!

alyanna
October 1st, 2011, 03:18 AM
Well originally, my goal was BSL at the most. I still think deep down inside that it may end up being the healthiest/thickest looking length for my fine, thin hair.

My fantasy though, is to have really pretty tailbone-length hair. If I can manage the "pretty" part, I think I'll be able to handle the hair since there's really not much of it and it's not heavy or difficult to wash etc.

So I've put my goal as waist, knowing I'll feel *there* as far as long hair goes, when I reach BSL.

pepperpot
October 1st, 2011, 04:01 AM
Yes I feel similar. I had superlong hair (by real life standards) for many years and now my goal is bottom of shoulder blade length, certainly no longer than midback. I think apl can look beautiful if it is in good condition and not layered. It seems to be the length that makes hair look thickest on most people I've seen, while at the same time not being too short or too long. Around where I come from it is definitely considered long.

skraprchik
October 1st, 2011, 05:47 AM
My hair has never gotten past shoulder in my adult life. Getting to APL would be a major accomplishment. Ultimately I'd like to reach longer lengths, but right now an unlayered APL would be huge.

jojo
October 1st, 2011, 06:04 AM
We have a similar hairtype and at least in my case it is very difficult to get my hair to grow! Right now a solid BSL - no see-through ends, as little taper as possible - is my goal. I am at about APL with severe taper, trying to grow out after an insane shed two years ago, and the new layers are about chin-to-shoulder.

My hair just seems to have a severe taper naturally, even when it is thicker (during pregnancy for example). I would like it to be waist length - my original goal - but I really don't think that is ever going to happen. I have been at LHC for five years and have been mostly natural and doing mostly gentle treatment since then, but am at the same length I was when I started.

The good thing is that my hair and scalp are much healthier than they have ever been, I don't bleach anymore, and I don't heat style, so my hair is in better shape than it has been in over thirty years (I started bleaching as a pre-teen).

Maybe if I had discovered how to treat my hair when I was younger, or if I had not had a very difficult birth with my daughter, or, or...but I have resigned myself to my fine, unruly, frizzy, wispy hair and trying to make the best of it that I can.

Another non-orthodox thing that I do (for LHC anyway) is I blowdamp my hair when I wash it after sports (I have to blowdry my ears dry, especially in the winter) and I 'style' it once every wash cycle with conditioner mixed with hair gel. For a long time, I thought these things are absolute no-nos, but then I realized a lot of curly/wavy haired folks do them too.

I have to live with this hair, it will never look like Spidermom's or Amoretti's, I don't think, so I try to make the most of what nature has given me.

You are not alone! You are growing quick Katze, you have gone from APL to a solid BSL in 3 months, like me you get to a certain length and those ends drive you crazy; mine do too. I think the secret is trims, fine hair is so delicate. I think you have really turned a corner and see no reason why you shouldnt reach waist and beyond in the near future.

I think it's fine to have whatever goal is healthy and makes you happy. If you want APL hair, use the techniques here to grow to APL.

Personally, I prefer a great head of hair at a shorter length than longer hair that looks unkempt or doesn't make the person's features/style.

I totally agree, don't get me wrong I would love classic length hair, but its going to be a long (pun intended!) for me, as I need to keep those thin ends at bay. I may have to re-evaluate my thoughts (on me) about fairy tail ends if I want very long hair. But I think healthy looking apl hair is better than classic scraggle hair, but thats just me.

insomniac-uk
October 1st, 2011, 07:03 AM
My goal is waist, I don't think I could look after hair longer than that.

chachagrace
October 1st, 2011, 08:48 AM
I will definitely say that though my "end" goal is APL, if I do manage to get there I can always decide to grow it longer. But like several others, APL with no dye or layers would be a HUGE hair accomplishment, coming from someone who has been a serial dyer/cutter for the last ten years.
Once I get there, then we'll just have to see. :)

Ithonna
October 1st, 2011, 09:13 AM
For me it's quality over quantity! :D
I agree. I don't see the point of long hair if it isn't healthy.

I also agree.

For me, I am 1.5" from waist at the last measurement and my hair still feels short. Personally, my long-term goal is somewhere between hip and classic. I want to be able to pull my hair back into a high pony and still have hair that brushes my hips. I plan on growing to waist and maintaing there to grow out severe damage.

Buffy
October 1st, 2011, 09:21 AM
My hair goal is mid back- i wouldn't like it much longer than that.

kaned_ferret
October 1st, 2011, 11:41 AM
right now BSL will do me nicely - when I reach it, who knows, I'm female so will probably have changed my mind by then!

Masara
October 1st, 2011, 11:21 PM
When I joined LHC my goal was shoulder length. It had been very short for about 10 years and before that it was waist length so I knew I could grow it longer, I just didn't want to.

So I got to shoulder and I started to think that maybe APL would be nice; I could do some of the updos I could see here, so I kept on growing. At APL, I thought maybe BSL would be good.... and so it went on.

I'm planning on stopping at classic.

einna
October 2nd, 2011, 01:33 AM
I am not planning for super long hair. My goal is healthy, virgin BSL, maybe midback. I might try for waist after that, and keep it if I like it, but I can see myself cutting back to BSL eventually. I love the longer lenghts I see here, but I can´t really see myself with very long hair (to me waist is really long). But who knows what will happen in the future, the LHC is a very strong force ;)

Jing
October 2nd, 2011, 08:37 AM
My goal is waist, which seems to be just about where people even begin to consider hair long around here. So I guess my hair length goal isn't "super" long. :p

heartgoesboom
October 2nd, 2011, 08:42 AM
i had long hair in high school, it felt so long... but looking back it was just hovering around waist, sometimes a little bit shorter, sometimes up to hip... but mostly waist. i found lhc after i got my hair cut short... my goal weight was just waist. i'm at waist now. but it feels SO short. i look at model's hairs and i say aw, i want my hair that long. then after looking at it their hair, i see mine is the same length or longer. SO, yea... i wanted waist but after lhc, i want longer please :)

TheDutchess
October 2nd, 2011, 09:50 AM
I'm going for BSL :-)

jacqueline101
October 2nd, 2011, 10:36 AM
My goal is tail bone and no longer. Right now I'm half ways to bra strap length. Its a long term goal for me.

flourish
October 2nd, 2011, 02:36 PM
My max goal is waist length. But since I have thick hard to manage hair I might shorten it to somewhere between waist and BSL. Anything longer than waist is just too much work for me.

moon2dove
October 5th, 2011, 01:01 PM
I have never had hair longer than APL So a healthy BSL would be brilliant :) After that would be a bonus :)

chihuahuaesque
October 5th, 2011, 01:42 PM
My initial goal was waist, and I said that was the longest I'd grow it. Then I said tailbone is the longest I'd grow it, and I hit that milestone recently. Right now, the longest I want to go is classic. I can't see myself letting it get longer than that!

invisiblebabe
October 5th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Yup :) Longest I intend to go, these days, is waist. I've had mine at classic, all through high school, and that was enough for me :D I actually prefer it shorter (by LHC standards :lol: ) especially since I also prefer thick hemlines and I like to use chemical dye (partial highlights and/or sun-in) on it.

It's upper BSL now and I enjoy that length on me :)

omgitssarah
October 5th, 2011, 09:41 PM
My current goal is shoulder/long enough to put up and ignore. Ultimate goal is probably waist.

ccmso12
October 5th, 2011, 09:47 PM
Im thinking waist length with long layer--lots of facial framing ones too. Im currently at BSL or about an inch under, though plan to trim shortlyand am trying to hold off on layers till I get the full length :)

jeanniet
October 5th, 2011, 10:11 PM
My original goal was waist, but unofficially it was just to get to BSL. Now it's hip, and after that maybe TBL. Really it's just to grow it until for some reason I'm ready to stop, and so far I haven't gotten to that point. :)

Lianna
October 6th, 2011, 01:07 AM
I grew from pixie to APL here in LHC... and "could not handle it" I guess. My hair is thick and wavy and I need to wash it once to twice a day (I rather not talk about that). I just cut it back to neck (layered) and I'm much happier now. It was up all the time and I didn't enjoy it. Short hair down looks better than longer hair up on me.

Sweetie
October 6th, 2011, 01:19 AM
At the beginning of my growth journey (starting from pixie) my goal was BSL, while reaching BSL I started wanting WAIST lenght, now that I'm almost at waist I want HIP lenght.... I think HIP is enough for me - but who knows!?!

Amanecer
October 6th, 2011, 02:16 AM
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg76/dawnmichellex3/front-1-1.jpg

About two months ago I had my hair cut into an asymmetrical stacked bob. It looks cute when it's flat ironed to death and product bombed with texturizing wax and hairspray. It's just proven to be too much maintenance for my taste, and I long for the simplicity of just being able to throw my hair in a ponytail once again.

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg76/dawnmichellex3/april820112-1.jpg

This was my hair before I made the cut (and yes. I am kicking myself!! x_x) and my goal right now is just to get back to APL. I'm thinking this will take me a year? Maybe a little less? I don't have any crazy desire to be waist length or anything, I just want to get rid of this ugly stack. Q_Q

JessicaHamby
October 6th, 2011, 02:58 AM

I think the same.

Actually my current goal is just to have super-shiny waist-length hair.
I have had longer hair, but it isn't my dream right now.

Raiscake
October 6th, 2011, 04:33 AM
My current goal is MBL, or just enough length to cover my boobs when I bring my hair to the front. I'm a month or two away from that goal. I have no idea what to do next. I guess I'll keep growing, but I'd consider MBL as mission accomplished.

nazzooyzo
October 6th, 2011, 04:49 AM
yeh my current goal is apl! i dont know if i could handle hair longer than that!

Mannaz
October 6th, 2011, 04:54 AM
My goal is waist. I'm very close and my hair has never been this long before. Well, I thought waist would feel and look hugely long, but now that I'm almost there.., it doesen't. I'll propably maintain for a while once I'm solidly at waist, there's still a few centimetres of bleached hair left.

Then I might grow to hip...It's not a big difference anyway cause my torso is kind of short.

I don't think I'd go beyond classic simply because I'm not very good at keeping my hair "safe". But who knows, maybe I'll get better at it?

Oksana
October 6th, 2011, 06:13 AM
My current goal is to have healthly waist length hair with a blunt hemline. I have pondered about going longer and i may well grow to hip. I had hip length hair once when i was younger and i always thought it just looked too long on me :o:confused: but then again i am a fully grown adult now so it's bound to look different!

mom2fourgirls
October 6th, 2011, 07:03 AM
I can't wait to reach waist again :)

joesgirl2011
October 6th, 2011, 07:27 AM
Below BSL just above waist..but I would would settle for at least APL NOW! Uggh!

chou
October 6th, 2011, 07:43 AM
I don't see myself going past BSL and APL will probably feel quite long to me seeing as my hair hasn't been past my shoulders since I was 6 or 7. This is with the caveat that I'm very tall (5'11), so these lengths would be slightly longer on me than they might be on someone else.
But yeah, at this point I have no strong desire to get to waist or beyond. I just want healthy hair, well pampered hair that I judge to be long enough on myself and that is manageable enough that I can still wear it down whenever I want to. I don't absolutely know what length that will end up being and that's part of the learning process.
All the artificial length markers that people go by are a useful guide for setting loose goals, but they're really just a small part of having fun with your hair.

erialc
October 6th, 2011, 07:49 AM
I'd love to have healthy and beautiful waist or hip length hair, but I don't know if my hair would approve of that... so if it reaches BSL and is still nice and healthy I'll be more than happy :)

xyris
October 6th, 2011, 07:55 AM
My current goal is to get to mid-back. I don't think I've had hair that length before. Or if I did, it was oh, about 10 years ago. I'm considering waist as the ultimate goal, but we'll see. I don't think I'll be aiming for classic or beyond.

turtlelover
October 6th, 2011, 10:34 AM
I'm only aiming for APL at the moment. I LOVE super long hair, but am not sure it is for me!