PDA

View Full Version : So I'm searching YouTube and...

Mike
September 29th, 2011, 07:44 PM
saw this clip (bad word) on how to grow your hair long. She had some good advice (coconut oil) and bad (get it cut) and then she blew my mind as you'll hear. She's got great hair so good for her. http://www.youtube.com/user/moonfire1777#p/u/14/EwUXqY1HmUM

Buggheart
September 29th, 2011, 08:01 PM
Wow. I never would have guessed.

HereIGrowAgain
September 29th, 2011, 09:09 PM
She's really pretty! I don't think her advice to cut it was bad, as she was talking about cutting off damage that was so bad it was tangling and turning into a haystack on her. She did say to get as little cut off as possible when you go for trims.

archel
September 29th, 2011, 09:13 PM
I had no clue until the end - you go girl!!! So lovely!

teal
September 29th, 2011, 10:18 PM
She's really pretty! I don't think her advice to cut it was bad, as she was talking about cutting off damage that was so bad it was tangling and turning into a haystack on her. She did say to get as little cut off as possible when you go for trims.

This, exactly! What strength of character she must have, though. Pretty harsh discrimination.

Lostsoule77
September 29th, 2011, 10:21 PM
If I met her I would never have imagined. I get what she's saying about moving away from where she transitioned. My neighbor transitioned the other way and too many people here knew it so he moved.

Animae
September 29th, 2011, 10:32 PM
That is so awesome of her! The video was really good!

Mike
September 30th, 2011, 05:40 AM
I have sometimes been treated cruelly for being a guy with long hair. No big deal. I can't imagine what she has overcome. Good for her.

Vallena
September 30th, 2011, 07:42 AM
Its so brave of her to put it out in public like that. I would have never guessed either! I hope she finds somewhere more accepting and enjoyable for her!

mrs_coffee
September 30th, 2011, 08:16 AM
She is really beautiful and has great hair. She's a brave girl. Good for her.

longhairedlady
September 30th, 2011, 03:52 PM
I didnt even know what she meant by SRS. I was like huh, what is she talking about. I was about to google it but then I got it later on in the video. :google:

I think she is right about cutting off the damage. I did the same thing, it was hard to lose the length but I was fighting a losing battle by trying to keep it.

arjay.d
September 30th, 2011, 04:59 PM
I was trying to figure out what she meant by "hormones change your face shape." My face doesn't change with my cycles; but I get it now.

pepperpot
September 30th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Really brave, good for her.

KwaveT
September 30th, 2011, 06:09 PM
She is one brave person to be putting her life out there like this with these videos. I knew she was talking about Sexual Reassignment Surgery. My first impression is that I would never have known. She looks like a woman and sounds like a woman. She had some very good surgeons and voice trainers. I don't think she would have a bit of trouble blending back into society as long as people never know that she was a man. I have read a lot of people transition stories/blogs on the internet. I get the picture that is one of the hardest things a person could ever do. You lose just about all your friends and many times your family too if they aren't supportive. You usually lose your job and live with a stigma from society for the rest of your life. You have to have very strong character to deal with all the mistreatment and discrimination these people go through.

PixxieStix
September 30th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Holy cow, good for her! Good advice, on all accounts, and it's wonderful she's willing to be so informative. And good for her for taking such good care of her hair too!

Yame
September 30th, 2011, 06:36 PM
She is so cute!

Alex Lou
September 30th, 2011, 07:10 PM
I knew about 5 seconds in by looking at the titles of her other videos: "How I transitioned", "hormones"

Plus I'm actually used to being around transgender people so it doesn't surprise me to see a young, asian M to F looking so feminine.

Mike
October 1st, 2011, 12:43 PM
Has anyone else noticed how kind all of the comments have been. LHC rocks. I'd bet she would love it on here.

Hypatia415
October 1st, 2011, 01:58 PM
Wow, she is amazing and inspiring. And has such pretty hair!

Buggheart
October 1st, 2011, 02:19 PM
Has anyone else noticed how kind all of the comments have been. LHC rocks. I'd bet she would love it on here.
I noticed that. So happy that we're a positive, accepting bunch. :pumpkin:

Kristin
October 1st, 2011, 02:57 PM
I think her advice is great- even (or maybe especially) the cutting advice.

And I never would have guessed she is transgender. When I saw that she had videos about "transitioning," I thought she must have previously had perms/chemical straightening! I'm a dork!

jojo
October 1st, 2011, 05:53 PM
Wow what a pretty girl; I would never have guessed. Society sucks sometimes with how it treats people, I am going to leave a note and invite her over, she seemed such lovely person.

archel
October 1st, 2011, 05:55 PM
Good idea, invite her to come play on LHC!

jojo
October 1st, 2011, 05:57 PM
Ive invited her, hopefully she will take me up. It would be lovely to have her as one of the family.

squiggyflop
October 1st, 2011, 06:26 PM
i am surprised.. her hair is not long at all.. i was expecting a video with a long haired girl..

as for hair being damaged and cutting.. well, when i joined my hair had been through 5 or 6 full head bleachings.. i did end up SLOWLY trimming off that hair.. so thats good advice.. but i dont recommend trusting a hair dresser to 'cut off the least amount'.. now for bangs, then i might trust a stylist.. dont get me wrong, i can cut my hair into any style i want myself.. but some people cannot get bangs right when they cut them themselves.. its all about practice and spacial reasoning skills.. ive had the practice and i have the spacial reasoning skills so i can do it.. still 28$, wow.. i dont even pay that much for my hair scissors every 6 months..

lol halfway down the bust=long.. when did this happen?

coconut oil is good advice for most people i think.. my hair hated it when i joined.. actually it hated it until my hair hit tailbone length.. turns out my natural oils dont go far past hip

she sure is pretty..

Buggheart
October 1st, 2011, 06:39 PM
Ive invited her, hopefully she will take me up. It would be lovely to have her as one of the family.

What a great idea!

nellreno
October 1st, 2011, 07:09 PM
What blew my mind the most was using the removable shower head to wash your hair with cold water so the cold water doesn't get on my body XD

> lol halfway down the bust=long.. when did this happen?

I haven't checked out her other videos, but I'm assuming that before she transitioned she probably had a shorter "man's" haircut. For someone who only ever had really short hair, mid-bust is super long.

kaned_ferret
October 2nd, 2011, 08:44 AM
What blew my mind the most was using the removable shower head to wash your hair with cold water so the cold water doesn't get on my body XD

> lol halfway down the bust=long.. when did this happen?

I haven't checked out her other videos, but I'm assuming that before she transitioned she probably had a shorter "man's" haircut. For someone who only ever had really short hair, mid-bust is super long.

I do the shower head thing - and lean right over so only my scalp gets a lovely dousing of ice cold water for the last couple of minutes of a good cleanse, mmm refreshing!

and I agree about how that length will seem long to someone who has been previously shorter - as somebody growing out from a 10 year spat with my hair which resulted in complete shaving, when I eventually reach that length, I will definitely be considering myself a longhair once more lol!:cheese:

Zesty
October 2nd, 2011, 10:01 AM
Wow is she beautiful. As soon as the video came up I found myself wishing that I could be that pretty and feminine. So good for her! And it seems like her hair advice is good, too (except for maybe the straightening bit, but I guess her hair can probably take it).

Buggheart
October 2nd, 2011, 05:21 PM
Her hair seems long to me. It's all relative. To someone who has very long hair it might not seem long but for someone with short hair growing it out, her length is very long! Everyone's different.

And for the record, you CAN trust a hairdresser to only cut off the bare minimum. You just have to find one you trust. I have trusted my last 2 hairdressers to only cut off what absolutely needed to come off and in some cases left with getting only half my hair cut and nothing taken off the length at all.

BunnyBee
October 2nd, 2011, 08:37 PM
Hmm. Ok I watched to the end and was waiting for the big 'OMG' but i had to read your comments to figure out what the fuss was about... So she wasn't born a girl... big woop =/

seaj
October 3rd, 2011, 03:45 AM
Hmm. Ok I watched to the end and was waiting for the big 'OMG' but i had to read your comments to figure out what the fuss was about... So she wasn't born a girl... big woop =/

Yeah I didn't understand the point of this thread either.

mrs_coffee
October 3rd, 2011, 04:37 AM
You don't think it's a big deal that she's willing to put herself out there and discuss her journey honestly and openly? I think it's a HUGE deal because the more open people are, the more people are educated about gender identity, the better it will be in the future for other trans people.

Keeping things like this hidden and secretive creates an illusion of shame and bringing it out in the open and speaking about it helps to break the taboos that surround them.

I think she is brave as hell.

isabelx
October 3rd, 2011, 04:45 AM
You don't think it's a big deal that she's willing to put herself out there and discuss her journey honestly and openly? I think it's a HUGE deal because the more open people are, the more people are educated about gender identity, the better it will be in the future for other trans people.

Keeping things like this hidden and secretive creates an illusion of shame and bringing it out in the open and speaking about it helps to break the taboos that surround them.

I think she is brave as hell.

I second this completely. I can't even imagine the amount of courage she had to pluck up to make this as open as she has, I find it odd to think people don't appreciate it.

squiggyflop
October 3rd, 2011, 12:16 PM

yeah i didnt really understand what the big deal was.. i kept waiting and waiting..

Kiwiwi
October 3rd, 2011, 12:38 PM
I knew this thread would go there.

I think both are a good way of thinking.
I think both things. I think "big deal" because I accept everybody just as they are (or want to be), it's just not a big deal (problem?) for me when someone tells me something like that.
But I also indeed think it's still very much needed to create awareness about things and to educate.
So, hiding it would be a big deal for me because I find that we shouldn't have to hide ourselves. But being who you are is not a big deal to me.
Am I making sense? ^_^

vanillabones
October 3rd, 2011, 02:23 PM
I knew as soon as I started watching but I didn't understand the 'big deal' either I thought it would be something she says that have to do with hair? LOL (and I only knew because I had similar issues through my teen years with being transgender only in the opposite way so I'm also growing out my hair for the first time since I was little. :) The video is stuck for me, though, so I can't watch it all, gr.