PDA

View Full Version : Is this a new style?

chainedangel
July 2nd, 2008, 05:41 PM
heidihug came up with a new way to get the crown braid look. I was then inspired to create some way to do a crown braid on my daughter. I can't french braid for caca and her hair is too short for heidi's version so this is what I came up with.
1. divide the hair into 4 equal sections by making a + sign on the head.
2. braid each section starting at the hairline keeping the bases of the braids evenly spaced apart.
3. working clockwise bring the top left braid across the front of the head tucking the tail into the base of the top right braid
4. repeat with each braid working clockwise
5. pin in place if you choose

physicschick
July 2nd, 2008, 08:43 PM
I haven't seen that style around here before, but it sounds very nice for those with shorter hair wanting to fake a crown braid.

podo
July 3rd, 2008, 07:12 AM
...or those of us who can't seem to DO a crown braid!! This would also add some bulk to the braid if your hair is longer and thin.

Score!! I'm going to try this tonight!!!

betsala
July 3rd, 2008, 07:41 AM
i can't wait to try this! my crown braids always end up lopsided.

tiny_teesha
July 3rd, 2008, 08:18 AM
I actually did a simialr thing, but i parted my hair in three...the ends of the braids were so thin, it was wrong. But that was just my hair! Give it a shot! :)

FrannyG
July 3rd, 2008, 02:14 PM
That sounds very pretty, chainedangel. I'd love to see a photo some time. :flower:

jojo
July 3rd, 2008, 04:05 PM
Id love to see a photo too! sounds a great do though!

janaana
July 3rd, 2008, 04:33 PM
That sounds like it would look really nice. Your daughter must be very pleased with her new hairstyle. It sounds like it would be nice and easy to get a really secure result with this style too, as you have the start of one braid to pin the end of the next one to rather than just smoothed hair.

I think it would still be a nice style for longer hair as you could just twist the long ends round the next braid slightly.