PDA

View Full Version : NEW Growing Out Bangs/Fringe Challenge!

dorothea-brooke
July 2nd, 2008, 03:45 PM
Hello all,

I miss this thread from the old boards.... So here goes! I've been growing out my bangs since January; they're currently exactly at the bottom of my chin when pulled taut, and can go behind my ears but not quiiiiiite in an updo yet. If all the stars are aligned just right, they'll stay (more or less) in a very high ponytail/bun.

Anyone else in with me? And especially -- have any new great ideas of what to do with the pesky buggers? Lately I've been tying nice scarves around my head with updos :yawn:, but would love some other bright ideas.

cheers
dorothea

Patrycja
July 2nd, 2008, 03:50 PM
Sure-I'll join in :) I've been growing mine out officially since about February.I have done a dusting on them to get rid of possible split ends,but no major cut.I wanted to keep them but I'm too broke to go to the hairdresser to keep them up.I also had to use a hair fryer to keep them "in check" :lol:
I find that bobby pins are my favorite.I can not survive without them.My bangs are right at the tip of my nose and I,like you,can't make them work in any updos yet.But-I sure can rock a high ponytail :rockerdud

Islandgrrl
July 2nd, 2008, 04:40 PM
I'm in. Mine haven't been cut since end of September. The longest part is at chin level, stays well tucked behind my ears, but not up in updos.

And I was wrong....last trim on the fringe was at the end of December. OOOPS!

lady G
July 2nd, 2008, 11:39 PM
I will join this thread:) I am currently growing out a blunt fringe that sat just above my eyebrows, it is now mid eye level so I have a long way to go yet but I am very determined to grow it out! I now pin it back in a kind of bump I am sure you know the look I mean:) or wear a skinny hairband. I have found some really gorgeous silver ones with diamante designs etc. Some days I use a broad black cloth band for a different look.

jessie58
July 2nd, 2008, 11:57 PM
I have been growing out the hideous stupid bangs that I cut in 3 months ago. As you can tell, I detest them. Never wore them as bangs and started pinning them back from the day after I cut them. Now I look dorky and have ruined my all one length hair. Okay so I'm with you people. With a vengeance!!!

Mine are about to the tip of my nose but when they are wet and left unattended, they curl up above my eyebrows. Luckily, product and water keep them away from my face.

Toadstool
July 3rd, 2008, 01:11 AM
take the bangs section,comb, hold and twist tightly away from you. then pin it back. I think it looks quite groovy!

crystal_89
July 3rd, 2008, 02:52 AM
take the bangs section,comb, hold and twist tightly away from you. then pin it back. I think it looks quite groovy!

That's what I used to do when I was growing out my fringe (before I chopped it back in again :p).

But it works!! Good luck fringe growers!!

Pegasus Marsters
July 3rd, 2008, 06:09 AM
I'm in! The shortest part of mine reaches the tip of my nose and the longest bit is chin length. I cant wait to be able to fit it all into a ponytail again. GROW FRINGE GROW!

QueenBea
July 3rd, 2008, 06:29 AM
I'm joining too--mine are right there with you. If I air dry my bangs, they make a big "C" up above my eyebrows, but if I blow dry them (gently gently) they are nose-length.

They are really getting too long to wear down straight, but the days (like yesterday) I air dry them, then they are short and The Big C Curl.

I've decided when they hit mouth length, I'll stop straightening them out and pin them back into my twists, ponytails, braids, etc.

My mom is always bugging me about how nice I looked with a (high-maintenance) chin-length bob or with bangs; she doesn't realize how much heat and effort that took! I'm hoping when my bangs grow out, my hair starts to look a little prettier instead of so deranged and dorky----

Bea

Mine are about to the tip of my nose but when they are wet and left unattended, they curl up above my eyebrows. Luckily, product and water keep them away from my face.

Delenn
July 3rd, 2008, 06:29 AM
I've been growing mine out for a long time, they're currently APL which is long enough for them not be bangs but short enough to poke out no matter what sort of updo I try to make. Blah. They're just long enough that they go back with my hair when I do a low braid for braided buns, but I still have to use an elastic there for exercising because they just work their way out of the braid after a short time.

I have some wispy bits that I kept short to soften the hairline but I'm thinking about growing those out, too. The worst stage was chin to shoulder length, it seemed like no matter how I pinned it, clipped it, or even used a headband they always fell into my face during martial arts. So pretty much I'm trying to decide if I can put myself through that again this year. =p

MissHair
July 3rd, 2008, 06:35 AM
Im growing out my bangs since December 2007. I started at 12 centimeters, I dont know my lenght right now but it used to be at the tip of my nose and now its below my chin and I can tuck it behind my ears. I hate bangs.. Seriously.. I got a receeding hairline from having bangs.. I cant wait til they grow out.

Islandgrrl
July 3rd, 2008, 07:12 AM
Well, I also mis-measured my fringes. They're actually about an inch longer than my chin.

I was a bit of a disaster yesterday - couldn't get anything right!

LaurelSpring
July 3rd, 2008, 07:23 AM
Mine are almost long enough to stick behind my ear. Its been a long time since that was possible. I can braid them in if I french braid. I got some of those little tiny clips that snap in place and I have been using those. I got the tourtise type ones that seem to blend in better.

JKRBeloved
July 3rd, 2008, 07:31 AM
I'm in! Mine are about to the top of my mouth. Since I've embraced my waves I've been able to entwine them with my other hair with no problem.

dorothea-brooke
July 3rd, 2008, 10:23 AM
II got a receeding hairline from having bangs.. I cant wait til they grow out.

Yikes -- really? :( I think that might explain why I have so many wispies at my hairline. Of course, if I remember correctly, it was because of the wispies that I originally decided to cut in bangs in the first place.... :rolleyes:

Good luck, everyone!
dorothea

wintersun99
July 3rd, 2008, 11:15 AM

MissHair
July 3rd, 2008, 11:29 AM
Yikes -- really? :( I think that might explain why I have so many wispies at my hairline. Of course, if I remember correctly, it was because of the wispies that I originally decided to cut in bangs in the first place.... :rolleyes:

Good luck, everyone!
dorothea

Im positive that this is the reason why I have a very receeding hairline. When I had long hair without bangs I remember looking at pictures where my hairline was fine, nowadays after Ive gotten bangs (3 years back) Ive noticed a big difference in my hairline, its got to be the bangs.. I read somewhere that bangs can give you a receeding hairline.. Maybe because the hair is uneven and its brushed downwards instead of to the side with the rest of the hair.. I was anemic for quite some time few years ago but my latest blood work show no signs of anemia and Im still losing hair at that part.