PDA

View Full Version : My New Wig

LittleOrca
September 27th, 2011, 08:34 PM
So, after putting on this wig I came to two conclusions:

1) I am never meant to be this blonde

2) I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL I REACH MY GOAL!!! :D I loved this!!! ('Course my goal is a little longer than this [wig is about calf, goal is floor], but it got me so excited!)

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/309020_929344803598_19707057_42315634_1421534550_n .jpg

Gotta wash it gently and recomb it so it looks better, but this was just fresh-outta-the-bag. ;)

Airmide
September 27th, 2011, 08:38 PM
Nice!! I agree though, that's quite a blaring blond. If it were me I think I'd be tempted to see how dying it pink would turn out. Can I ask where you got it? I've never seen any that long!

LittleOrca
September 27th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Nice!! I agree though, that's quite a blaring blond. If it were me I think I'd be tempted to see how dying it pink would turn out. Can I ask where you got it? I've never seen any that long!

I got it on Ebay. It was like $33 I think, then $12 shipping. Not too bad really.

Airmide
September 27th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Yeah, not too bad at all. It looks like pretty decent quality too. What are your plans for it?

LittleOrca
September 27th, 2011, 09:37 PM
Going to clean it and comb it and leave it basically as is. It's for Halloween. I do have a second one I am trying to de-curl and fix that is just as long that I am going to braid.

Lisa R
September 27th, 2011, 10:03 PM
Love it! Looks so cool:)

Alex Lou
September 27th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Good for you getting all your hair under that wig! Did you have to buy an extra-large head size?

Yeah, blond looks just wrong on some people. Better to find it out with a wig! (I'm not saying that it looks wrong on you, btw, just commenting on what you said. I can't tell from the back of your head. :P)

From the photo it looks like it's probably a wig of the material typically found in the US, but I like to pre-treat my Japanese fiber wigs with coney conditioner and it really helps to keep them from tangling. Might work with the more plastic-y wigs too.

Supposedly you can straighten a wig with very hot water. I've never had much success with it though. You can also add colors to it with sharpie in a rubbing alcohol solution... if you want to add some low-lights or something.

LittleOrca
September 27th, 2011, 11:01 PM
It was made in China, as far as I can tell from the tags. At the moment the second wig I have is drying from a hot water and detangler treatment I read about online. I will see how well that goes then see what else I can do for it. ;)

Purdy Bear
September 28th, 2011, 03:33 AM
Be careful washing the wig, you have to use special wig shampoo, and dont use heat on it or it will frizz.

I got a cheap halloween one, and washed it and couldnt get a comb through it afterwards LOL! Luckily I have plenty of others to play with.

I love the length, it looks fabulous.!

Alex Lou
September 28th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Be careful washing the wig, you have to use special wig shampoo, and dont use heat on it or it will frizz.

I got a cheap halloween one, and washed it and couldnt get a comb through it afterwards LOL! Luckily I have plenty of others to play with.
Actually it depends on the fiber. Since she said that she got it from China, it may be the Japanese fiber. You can wash those with normal (gentle) shampoo. Some of them can even be heat styled...

LittleOrca
September 28th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Update: The curly hair on the other wig would not go straight, but I managed to cut it off and fix the wig in a way and it looks like it never had the curls to begin with. The wig pictured above got a light rinsing with water and is currently hanging to dry. It already just feels 200% better.

owlathena
September 28th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Cool! I'd love to get a wig like that just to see how it would feel to have hair that long. You'll get there eventually, no wig required :D

BlueMuse
September 28th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Woah that's quite a wig!

I hear you on the blonde thing though. I look like the walking dead with blond hair. I found out because I got a Halloween wig in a Roman style. I looked so strange, and it really freaked the dog out. He wouldn't come near me if I had the wig on.

Airmide
September 28th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Lol BlueMuse your poor doggy! My dog freaks out a bit even when I walk in with my hair up when I'm "plopping" with a long-sleeved T-shirt on my head. I have to walk over and talk to her and let her sniff me and then she calms down.

LittleOrca I'll be waiting for more pics!