PDA

View Full Version : CVS & Salma Hayek Nuance

GabrielleRose
September 27th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Do any of y'all shop at CVS?

I stumbled upon this line while going through the Sunday's newspaper ads to peruse the coupons lol! This line caught my attention because I think Salma Hayek is a great actress, she said she created this line due to her grandmother's influences, has some natural ingredients in it, is paraben free and does not test on animals yippee!!!

So, I picked up the samples of both Quinoa smooth and shine shampoos and conditioners. I really love the scent of them, they smell like roses and fresh hot tea YUM! :crush: Along with the scent that I adore, I also loved the end results. Lightly fragrant hair, unbelievable softness, shine enhancement (though my hair is quite shiny already), no frizz, and best of all bounce and really enhanced my volume whoop whoop!

If anyone is interested here are the ingredients:

Shampoo- Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate, PPG-2 Hydroxyethyl Cocamide, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Chenopodium Quinoa Seed Extract, Equisetum Hiemale Extract, Mimosa Tenuiflora Bark Extract, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Passiflora Eduilis Seed Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Oil, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Panthenol, Amodimethicone, C11-15 Pareth-7, Laureth-9, Trideceth-12, Wheat Amino Acids, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Polyquaternium-10, PEG-40, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum).

Conditioner- Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Chenopodium Quinoa Seed Extract, Mimosa Tenuiflora Bark Extract, Passiflora Edulis Seed Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Oil, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Quaternium-91, Cetrimonium Methosulfate, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Divinyldimethicone, Dimethicone Copolymer, C12-13 Pareth-23, C12-13 Pareth-3, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum).

archel
September 27th, 2011, 08:24 PM
I'm so glad this works for you! I had considered trying it but it has 3 things my hair hates, SLS, cones, and protein. But good on you for finding a winner!

GabrielleRose
September 28th, 2011, 04:27 PM
I'm so glad this works for you! I had considered trying it but it has 3 things my hair hates, SLS, cones, and protein. But good on you for finding a winner!

Thank you so much! I'm glad it works for me as well. ;) I can't even begin to tell you how much money I have wasted trying to find a product that worked and that I was satisfied with. I am still using the sample, and hopefully it will be the one once I run out of the samples.

I'm sorry your hair hates what is in the products but I hope that you too will fine "the one." :p

dre
September 28th, 2011, 05:12 PM
Thank you for all the work that went into bringing us the great information on the Quinoa line!! My hair "loves" cones and since I CO only, I can't wait to try the conditioner!! Thank you, once again!!

GabrielleRose
September 28th, 2011, 11:41 PM
Thank you for all the work that went into bringing us the great information on the Quinoa line!! My hair "loves" cones and since I CO only, I can't wait to try the conditioner!! Thank you, once again!!

No problem! I just wanted to share since it may very well be the one for me and I hope others will enjoy it as much as I am right now. I really hope you enjoy the line as much as I do! Tell me how it works for CO, since I S&C everyday.