PDA

View Full Version : A trim well done!

PixxieStix
September 27th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Well, I went in for the first time in quite a while last week on my birthday to get a small trim from one of my friends who works at a salon. She knows I'm trying to grow my hair out, and was very open to my description of just how little I wanted cut off, and for the layers I really just wanted a S&D for the most part. So I get to the salon, and I've known my hair needed a protein treatment BAD, so asked what they had, and she recommended this Redkin brand that she put on my hair, put in a plastic cap and under the dryer/heater thingy for 10 minutes.

After that, trim time! And I have to say, she did an A-M-A-Z-I-N-G job. I can't believe how much time she spent carefully going through all my crazy layers and new hair growth. She told me she could hardly believe how healthy my hair was, especially considering how much I bleached it before my henna. I was so excited to hear it, because I know she wouldn't lie to me about that.

So, I walked out of there with no detectable loss of length, it really did look like dust on the floor, stronger hair (there has been way less breakage since the Redkin protein treatment), and a happy salon experience. I feel a little sad that I won't be giving her business anymore for highlights because I've decided I'm done with chemical damage to my hair, but I figured I could use that money instead for a great big tip for, while to some it may seem like a ridiculously small job, a small job done exactly as I wanted it, which really, can be hard to find. Find it I did though, and I'm so happy.

So tell me about your stylist you like to go to for trims that does a fantastic job out of a small one!

mora
September 27th, 2011, 10:29 PM
That sounds like a wonderful experience. I'm sure your friend really appreciated the tip, too, since even though it was a small job it must have taken an incredible amount of time to essentially S&D all your hair.

ETA: I don't have a regular stylist right now and I've been pretty bad about getting around to making appointments so my last two trips wouldn't really be considered small jobs since I had at least a few inches taken off but I sort of described one of my last trips here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showpost.php?p=1795807&postcount=72)

Cassie 123
September 27th, 2011, 11:21 PM
Hurray! :cheer: Sounds like she did a wonderful job!

einna
October 3rd, 2011, 04:45 PM
Good to hear successful trim stories =) And it sounds so nice to have someone do that for you. I like self-trimming, but sometimes I miss the pampering from a professional salon.