PDA

View Full Version : To Trim or Not to Trim - That is the Question

Pixie0763
September 27th, 2011, 01:54 PM
I'm new here and for some unknown reason cannot get a search to work. :(

So the question I have is to trim or not to trim? If so, how much & how often?

My hair is thick, course, wavy, short, layered about 3 inches all over. It does get dry with growth, but I have never had split ends.

What are your thoughts/opinions please? :o

summerstarlet
September 27th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Hi Pixie,
You can't search yet because you need a certain amount of posts before you can search (25 I think). Trimming your hair all depends on you. If your hair gets a ton of split ends, you can S&D or can get it cut. Some people get it more often because they want to even out their hem or whatever. It depends on your hair and how it feels

isabelx
September 27th, 2011, 01:58 PM
If you don't get splits, I wouldn't worry so much :) dry hair can turn in to splits though so maybe just a micro/regular trim every 3-4 months?

BeckyAH
September 27th, 2011, 01:59 PM
At 3 inches long, your hair is probably all of about 6 months old. Unless you have heavily damaged it with heat or chemicals, I don't think trimming is necessary. Longer hair is older hair is more fragile hair, and hair that benefits more from trimming. At your length it's more about getting it into a shape you can/are willing to maintain for easy growth and style, not condition or preventative maintaince.

Pixie0763
September 27th, 2011, 02:06 PM
I do CO washes, use a dab of styling goop, and let it air dry; and my color is natural. So outside of changing my hemline as it grows, it doesn't sound like I have anything to worry about yet.

Thanks for all the input! I love it here! :)