PDA

View Full Version : What has been the key protein or no cones?

Hamh
September 27th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Hi all.

Full story, sorry if I waffle! I have been hammering the cones and now understand that what I would have interpreted as in need of a good salon trim is actually buildup!! I have been experimenting on my last two washes so I tried out my new purchase of Lush Float and Soak for scalp issues I am trying to work out and work with! I was told years ago by a hairdresser that I had some psriosis on my scalp. Good results from this on both uses, agree the smell isn't for everyone but I'm really at the stage where I don't care if it works! So first wash I used Biolage Conditioning Balm and a smidge of summer Panacea salve on dry ends, result was nice. Second wash I tweaked it again, put FOTE aloe gel on scalp, had regular Panacea on length for the night before, shampoo with S&F then Tresseme Naturals no cone and finished with two pumps of Redken Anti-Snap. I thought by this stage my hair probably needed the protein as have been SMT-ing with limited success. Result? Holy heck yes! The softest, shiniest most lovely hair I have ever had!!!

I wonder now is this the result of no-cones in conditioner but some in a leave in, Anti-snap has cones right? Or adding the protein? Or both!! I am going to try this routine for a while and see if I get similar results. Thank you LHC for my beautiful hair and the ability to look further into problems than "must be time for a trim!"

BabyRay33
September 27th, 2011, 02:32 PM
I've used the anti-snap and while in the beginning it made things really nice, it ended up with lots of buildup, at least for me. I also blame it, partially, for a stall in my growth here recently.

I went back to the cones. My hair is really fine, so I need them.

I think the best thing to do is try it for awhile and see if you have issues and then tweek it from there!

HTH!

archel
September 27th, 2011, 03:04 PM
For me, the key has been both no cones and no protein. My hair hates them both.